Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

1 hour ago, zhorik said:

Walter
here are the charts, a simple search in Google found them
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-testing-covid-19-tests-per-capita-chart-us-behind-2020-3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_testing#Testing_statistics_by_country
for walter,
to be honest most statistics on this are unreliable. 
In the UK all respitarory  illnesses are classified as Covid-19. 
In the USA John Hopkins university has severly criticised Government figures,
in Germany their statisticians have also criticised their figures. Few actually follow WHO
guidelines for classification, hence China's massive increase some time back when they applied the new
rules.
As for Thailand  it only tested 17829 people or 257 per million
only 14 countries in the chart tested fewer per million. Also this does not include in the count the
number of tourists. Thai medical news in article before China changed its figures
complained of that country under representing the figures precisley because they had not tested more people.
https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/reasons-for-china’s-unreliable-death-and-infected-statistics--finally-revealed-insufficient-test-kits,-also-cambodia-reports-first-case
As the Phuket news reports the government officials have been caught out lying  (albeit over one case).
One also only has to look at a recent post here where it was noted there were no cases in Pattaya. Yet it has since been discovered
that there was, they just had not been tested.  Two days ago we had another case of a Frenchman and his girlfirend testing positive.
With such low testing one cannot rely on the official figures.
People should look to statistics from other countries, the infection rates and mortality rates are consistent when one use the
mulBsta score. (https://www.mdcalc.com/mulbsta-score  for those interested in knowing what it is)

Hi Zhoric and cheers for going to the trouble to share those links. The first thing I do with links is look at the source, and even though wiki's credibility is questioned, I accept the links you offered and the words you wrote. I cant tell though whether you are disagreeing with my thoughts (not beliefs, just thoughts) or you are on the same page. All I can take from your post at present is that you seem to be on the same page as me by thinking we cannot accept any figures from any country anywhere in the world because we rely on politicians to supply us with that info and we all know all politicians lie ????

All Im doing here is trying to play devils advocate and ask those that are insistent that the numbers MUST be higher to prove that when all we have are the figures we are given? Im not saying 61 is the correct figure, but Im not saying its an impossible figure either. 61 in 1 region in 1 day is not a small amount. 
Maybe they are under the impression that if you walk within 2 metres of anyone they are automatically going to catch the virus!! This is what scaremongering does to people. Its like saying back in San Fran in the 80s if you sat with someone with HIV you were bound to catch it ???? I just think the media have done a fantastic job in making worriers even more worried

The aspect that worries the most at 52 is that if I had to go to hospital for anything, not even anything to do with CV-19 I would be worried I might not see the light of day again if the hospitals are rammed with CV-19 patients which I dont believe they are. But if they're covering that up, again, who knows?

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

How would you see it, if it's suppressed?  There will have to be a whistle blower, like the deceased Chinese doctor. 

With all of the Chinese and European tourists that were still coming in, whilst this was unfolding, do you really think there are so few cases in Thailand?

Should one be dubbed a conspiracy theorist to suggest otherwise?  Thailand is not exactly noted for its transparency. 

TAT boasted about tourist numbers.  Well, look at those numbers now.

I don't know what village you are living in, but I don't think all those in Pattaya working in tourism, hospitality, and the sex trade, have just coupled up with a farang customer, virtually overnight.  I know many from Pattaya that left for Issan, and a few that missed the last buses.  They are in their respective villages in Issan now, with, or without Corona.

Time will tell, and history will judge. 

Yes and I can already see the history. You are wrong.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Yes and I can already see the history. You are wrong.

Hard to see history when we are in the present, and yet to be in the future. 

Even if your bar is allowed to open tomorrow, what good does that do for you?  There's no tourists, and there will be no tourists here for the foreseeable future. 

The "fat lady" is singing her last chorus. 

• Like 1

Just wait for foreign tourists to be rounded up and tossed into interment camps.  That would cause perceptual damage to Thai tourism that Thailand will never recover from.  But as Thai officials love to say recently, "National Security first and foremost!!!"  Which is about the same as saying <self-censored> foreigners.  Same, same...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If you owned a bar or restaurant here, would you use your own savings to open up and run at a loss, and if so, why?

You are presuming they would be running at a loss. I think you are getting a tad facetious now, maybe you have stockpiled on Chang Yai and had a binge in the past 3 hours, enjoyed your company earlier but since coming back after my walk between 7:30 - 10pm your rhetoric is becoming quite childish. Please dont reply asking Why and cement that thought. Goodnight 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Hi Zhoric and cheers for going to the trouble to share those links. The first thing I do with links is look at the source, and even though wiki's credibility is questioned, I accept the links you offered and the words you wrote. I cant tell though whether you are disagreeing with my thoughts (not beliefs, just thoughts) or you are on the same page. All I can take from your post at present is that you seem to be on the same page as me by thinking we cannot accept any figures from any country anywhere in the world because we rely on politicians to supply us with that info and we all know all politicians lie ????

All Im doing here is trying to play devils advocate and ask those that are insistent that the numbers MUST be higher to prove that when all we have are the figures we are given? Im not saying 61 is the correct figure, but Im not saying its an impossible figure either. 61 in 1 region in 1 day is not a small amount. 
Maybe they are under the impression that if you walk within 2 metres of anyone they are automatically going to catch the virus!! This is what scaremongering does to people. Its like saying back in San Fran in the 80s if you sat with someone with HIV you were bound to catch it ???? I just think the media have done a fantastic job in making worriers even more worried

The aspect that worries the most at 52 is that if I had to go to hospital for anything, not even anything to do with CV-19 I would be worried I might not see the light of day again if the hospitals are rammed with CV-19 patients which I dont believe they are. But if they're covering that up, again, who knows?

You were going well until you said "61 in 1 day" The figure of 61 is the total cases in ChonBuri since the start of this fiasco. Today's figure nationwide was 103, down for the 5th day in a row.

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Hard to see history when we are in the present, and yet to be in the future. 

Even if your bar is allowed to open tomorrow, what good does that do for you?  There's no tourists, and there will be no tourists here for the foreseeable future. 

The "fat lady" is singing her last chorus. 

What bar? What are you on about? Having a bar in Thailand would be the last thing on my wishlist. Just goes to show the mindset of people like you on here.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

What bar? What are you on about? Having a bar in Thailand would be the last thing on my wishlist. Just goes to show the mindset of people like you on here.

Well, from your posts, you seem quite desperate to have everything open back up here, even though most establishments wouldn't, even if they could. 

5 minutes ago, jimn said:

You were going well until you said "61 in 1 day" The figure of 61 is the total cases in ChonBuri since the start of this fiasco. Today's figure nationwide was 103, down for the 5th day in a row.

Well if those figures are correct, it also concurs with my lack of panic so thanks for that heads up anorl haha Id be lost without you ????

31 minutes ago, jimn said:

Today's figure nationwide was 103, down for the 5th day in a row.

How many tests were performed? 

Easy way to flatten the curve, do no tests. 

It's like magic.  No Corona, in 24 hrs.   

Edited by Leaver

13 hours ago, stuhan said:

What a mess and no sense to some who are not restricted such as hairdressers and swimming still allowed,that's just laughable.

what could be more enjoyable than swimming in a huge open sewer?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

He's steaming jimn. Your turn to thank me for the heads up ????

Lol, thanks. Its just occured to me that the people who have nothing constructive to say and are worried sick, might not even be in Thailand or even Pattaya now, unlike me and you. You get a different perspective if you are not here. I have seen a marked increase in online traffic from my friends in the UK who are stuck at home bored senceless. The western governments UK included have really fallen for it. I would prefer to be like Sweden and Norway, where nothing has closed. I bet they end up no worse than the UK who have been taken over by the bureaucrats in the heath service who dictating policy. 

Edited by jimn

18 minutes ago, jimn said:

Lol, thanks. Its just occured to me that the people who have nothing constructive to say and are worried sick, might not even be in Thailand or even Pattaya now, unlike me and you. You get a different perspective if you are not here. I have seen a marked increase in online traffic from my friends in the UK who are stuck at home bored senceless. The western governments UK included have really fallen for it. I would prefer to be like Sweden and Norway, where nothing has closed. I bet they end up no worse than the UK who have been taken over by the bureaucrats in the heath service who dictating policy. 

Yes there are many factors to consider when one compares different nations or even cities. Some cities have half the population of some countries like Saigon and Australia for example and the density of people is vast in difference. I mean NYC has more cases than the UK last time I looked but this age we live in, it looks like people are looking for things to be either scared of, or jump on a bandwagon of. I wont go off topic with examples however there is 1 girl that a large proportion of the globe cows down to, yet for some reason is now irrelevant haha

When I say NYC I may be getting confused with NY state but you get my drift

• Like 1

Not to diminish severity of Covid19...I found this today from Singapore   The 1,723 cases in the first five weeks of the year is 60 per cent higher than the 1,057 infections diagnosed over the same period for last year, when Singapore saw the third-highest annual rate of dengue infections which resulted in 20 deaths. "......they are also working with Covid19...but seeing the infections & deaths in only 5 weeks...I hope there isn't an over reaction here and destroy the Thai economy for years..cheers

17 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

My main concern would be how to get @NCC1701A into the city in order to single-handedly revive the working girl trade.

I told you guys to buy him a condo weeks ago!

I'm pretty sure he lives in Hua Hin doesn't he?  I guess the new ferry is not running anymore either.

Edited by The Deerhunter

15 hours ago, JeffyInBkk said:

Just leave them on the roads and hopefully the virus rids the world of more intellectually challenged people.Some of these foreigners with their behaviour is really bring the rest of us down . For instance those scum in phuket still partying etc

No no no.... it isn't killing 23 year old backpackers who are otherwise fit and healthy. They get mild symptoms and pass it on, where it picks out the elderly and infirmed to kill off.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jimn said:

Thailand wouldn't have a clue on the true figure.

I'm not trying to denigrate the country in anyway but honestly... we know what they are like. No cohesive approach to law, statutes or regulations. 

Different approaches between provinces and districts within each province. How can they know for sure. 

103 New cases in a population of over 60 million... pffft.

15 hours ago, Aliflair said:

This is insane. There's sweet FA people left in Patts, nothing much open, almost no-one can enter the country, well tourists at least. And I thought Oz was the nanny state. Crossing between provinces I can understand a health check or checking that you have a valid reason, but preventing travel in and out of such a small geographical area, crazy.

When you're coming from northern Chonburi going south to Rayong on Sukhumvit Rd, you're actually passing Pattaya. Pattaya is on both sides of Sukhumvit Rd,but in different sub-districts. 

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

AA8FC131-2461-4748-AB72-A6462C8492B7.thumb.png.4a94fe203eed60582023d58b74b3e941.png

There are no "gatherings" where I cut my hair. The guy who cuts my hair and I. No people waiting in line. I hour per person. Handgel when entering,and the guy wears his mask. I bet you are to scared to go out buying food. Maybe someone else does it for you?  

12 hours ago, jimn said:

Where do you get your numbers? From MAD Magazine? There are no numbers going down. Get your facts straight. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rech said:

Anybody out yesterday night during the curfew ? cops everywhere or just at police station drinking as usual ?

I had to pop into work during the night to sort a production issue, Left home at 12.30am and got home at 3.30am.

Did not see a single policeman.