Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS PREPAID DEBIT CARD: The IRS and the U.S. Treasury Department will begin sending economic stimulus payments on preloaded debit cards this week, the Trump administration said.

2 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS PREPAID DEBIT CARD: The IRS and the U.S. Treasury Department will begin sending economic stimulus payments on preloaded debit cards this week, the Trump administration said.

The other post stated that only those that have filed taxes with Andover or Austin IRS services will get them. Things change here daily. FDirst we needed to file a simple return. Then it said we didn't have to do anything if we already collect SS retirement. Then it stated if we have dependent children we had to include them on the non filers site. Then it said we might be mailed a check, because most of the people collecting SS retirement have already been paid. I hear from as lot here and in the US that a lot haven't been paid yet.

• Haha 1

I have been to the website a few times since the beginning. I kept getting the standard messages. Finally, as of yesterday my first check is in the mail. Surface from the states, so I'll see it in a month or so, and that is fine. 

US Stimulus Payment.

Just a quick inquiry.

Has anyone on SSI received their stimulus payment via direct deposit? Or has no one received it?

I bank with Bangkok Bank, and my SSI is deposited through Bangkok Bank of New York. I have received my direct deposit for SSI for 6 years without problem. My original account was set up via the Philippines SSA office. I have no dependents, and don't have to file Taxes. Everything I have read says it is supposed to be automatic, and there are no IRS tools I can or should use.

The IRS provides no way of reporting a problem that I have been able to find.

Thanks,

Franklin

Edited by Franklin Nuanraksa

The 800 number is useless. The other number does go through -- selection 4 then 2 -- and there was no waiting. My check was mailed out May 8, which is good news. The bad news is the apartment number was left out, which means it won't get delivered.

10 hours ago, Franklin Nuanraksa said:

US Stimulus Payment.

Just a quick inquiry.

Has anyone on SSI received their stimulus payment via direct deposit? Or has no one received it?

I bank with Bangkok Bank, and my SSI is deposited through Bangkok Bank of New York. I have received my direct deposit for SSI for 6 years without problem. My original account was set up via the Philippines SSA office. I have no dependents, and don't have to file Taxes. Everything I have read says it is supposed to be automatic, and there are no IRS tools I can or should use.

Thanks,

Franklin

In the same boat - still waiting...

11 hours ago, Shot said:

I have been to the website a few times since the beginning. I kept getting the standard messages. Finally, as of yesterday my first check is in the mail. Surface from the states, so I'll see it in a month or so, and that is fine. 

Had you done a tax return in 2018 or 2019 or are you on social security and was waiting for the $1200 to appear based upon a SSA-1099?

Did they have a record of a bank account to send your payment to?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Had you done a tax return in 2018 or 2019 or are you on social security and was waiting for the $1200 to appear based upon a SSA-1099?

Did they have a record of a bank account to send your payment to?

I've done returns through 2018, I am not on SS, no record of a bank, I've always mailed a check or broke even. 

12 hours ago, Franklin Nuanraksa said:

US Stimulus Payment.

Just a quick inquiry.

Thanks,

Franklin

Assuming you really meant "SSI" (Supplemental Security Income) versus regular SS pension, apparently you are not telling SSA you are living outside the US. because to receive SSI you must reside in the US due to the nature of that benefit....different than for SSDI and regular SS pension. 

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-eligibility-ussi.htm

But hopefully, you really meant a regular SS pension vs SSI.

I have been trying for over a month on the web page, phone numbers etc... and nothing works!

I suggest that everyone who has direct deposit to send a email to Steven Mnuchin, and tell him what is going on! I don't want no check, I want direct deposit like they said it would be sent, same as my social security payment to Bangkok Bank New York!

I just sent him a email, maybe if he gets flooded with enough emails, something will be done! It is worth a try, nothing else seems to work! 

[email protected]

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, taxout said:

The 800 number is useless. The other number does go through -- selection 4 then 2 -- and there was no waiting. My check was mailed out May 8, which is good news. The bad news is the apartment number was left out, which means it won't get delivered.

Does the Get My Payment site reflect that check mailing status?

Just now, Pib said:

Does the Get My Payment site reflect that check mailing status?

I don't have a phone that can call the US, so I had my daughter ask with my information for me. Of course they wouldn't tell her anything, but she did get through using that number,  then option 4 then 2.

• Haha 1

"Does the Get My Payment site reflect that check mailing status?"

I've never been able to get on that site because it keeps rejecting the information I enter. Maybe if I tried again without the apartment number, but what's the point: I know the answer now.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, taxout said:

"Does the Get My Payment site reflect that check mailing status?"

I've never been able to get on that site because it keeps rejecting the information I enter. Maybe if I tried again without the apartment number, but what's the point: I know the answer now.

I have found from checking the Get My Payment site for my payment (which I received in mid Apr) and a no-tech neighbor on SS pension, that entering only the first part of the address works.  Like if a person's address was "12345 Smith Street Apt 123" that only entering "12345" or "12345 Smith" still allows entry to get status.  May not work for others; but sure been working for me.  And it of course accept my full street address which includes an apartment number the very end.

It's almost for street verification the Get My Payment site will let someone in if only entering "correctly" the very first part the street address....get that correct and you get in.  But continuing entering more of the street address "which does not agree" with what the IRS has on file for you and that starts racking up verification errors and you can't get in. 

Maybe just enter the first half of your street address to see what happens assuming the IRS didn't truncate/abbreviate even the first part.   Keep in mind after three rejections you are locked out for 24 hours.   I've been locked out a few times over the last few weeks experimenting with "how much street address" to enter....but 24 hours later I'm unlocked.

I'm on SS via direct deposit.

I got a paper check in the mail, and a few weeks later I got a letter (with you-know-who's signature) telling me what it was.

If you maintain a US mailing address you can sign up for something with the USPS called Informed Delivery that tells you of mail coming your way.

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't have a phone that can call the US, so I had my daughter ask with my information for me. Of course they wouldn't tell her anything, but she did get through using that number,  then option 4 then 2.

Install Skype and set up the account. Then put $5 on it so that you call the US using it.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not tried the regular number yet. I have called the 800 number but only got the menus.

You can call any number in the states with Skype.

I finally saw on the website that my payment was mailed to Thailand 15May, which was confirmed previously by the lady at IRS.

33 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I am SSA, non-filer and Get My Payment still comes out "Payment Status Not Available".

Same, SS, BKK Bank DD, long time non-filer, no US address.

Checked Get My Payment site just now, no information yet. 

To date, I haven't seen anything from Fed, SSA, or IRS information specific to living overseas. I would just assume processing overseas payments might be delayed based on various  quirks we sometimes go through with the SSA and the BKK Bank payment system. The IRS automatically gives us more time to file and we can even delay FATCA filing.

I don't know this but I can imagine a stack of paper somewhere and an office worker saying, "Well, these go overseas, so they will need to go that way". His co-worker then sighs.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Same, SS, BKK Bank DD, long time non-filer, no US address.

Checked Get My Payment site just now, no information yet. 

To date, I haven't seen anything from Fed, SSA, or IRS information specific to living overseas. I would just assume processing overseas payments might be delayed based on various  quirks we sometimes go through with the SSA and the BKK Bank payment system. The IRS automatically gives us more time to file and we can even delay FATCA filing.

I don't know this but I can imagine a stack of paper somewhere and an office worker saying, "Well, these go overseas, so they will need to go that way".

Payments to folks with overseas addresses are being made.  Per IRS 8 May press release they had made almost 600,000 payments to folks with a foreign address.   Now whether folks with a foreign address vs a US address are getting stimulus payments issued at slower rate, well, I couldn't say....would be a pure guess.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-release-latest-state-by-state-economic-impact-payment-figures

It's all done by computers and machines: human hands never touch the things.

Anyway, to repeat: don't waste your time trying to get that hopeless site to work. Just call 1-267-941-1100 select English then option 4 then 2.  Open M-F 6am-11pm (ET). At least when I called there was no waiting on line and the representative was very helpful.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Pib said:

A fresh 19 May update to one of the IRS Stimulus Payment Q&As.  

It certainly did not show anything this morning.

This one dated yesterday. "Why am I getting "Payment Status Not Available"? (updated May 19, 2020)"

"If you receive “Payment Status Not Available”, you will not be able to provide direct deposit information at this time.  We’re working on updates to allow more people to use this feature."

If you are expecting SS to act expedicially,they wont. Last year with a normal volume it took me >2 months to change my address to Thailand and another >2 months to get IDD set up. It eventually worked but very slowly. Since the problem is primarily with non tax filers on SS ,the ball is probably in their court to establish eligibility. The IRS seems efficient and has the correct information. I filed taxes in 2018 and 2019 and received my Trump stimulus on April 15th. 

I suggest a little patience to let it happen. After all it's an unexpected gift to help those out affected by the shutdowns.