Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

3 hours ago, wayned said:

When I filled in the form for non-filers which was supposedly not required if I am receiving monthly SSA payments I got the following message: "Congratulations, the IRS has accepted your return. The IRS will process this information and determine your eligibility for the Economic Impact Payment. No further action is necessary."  Still nothing either by mail or bank deposit to either my old address & account inn n Thailand (on the 2019 SSA 1099 form) or the new address and bank account info both changed with SSA and updated on the Non-filers website."

I also filled out the non-filer’s website (by mistake) and got the same message as this OP, and then a few weeks later on April 30 I received a deposit of 38,338 baht In my SS account at BKK bank.  

Single, last tax filing was 2017, no filing since then, similar circumstances to many of you. I hope that whatever is causing this frustrating payment delay for so many of you will be fixed soon! 

1 minute ago, morning glory said:

I also filled out the non-filer’s website (by mistake) and got the same message as this OP, and then a few weeks later on April 30 I received a deposit of 38,338 baht In my SS account at BKK bank.  

Single, last tax filing was 2017, no filing since then, similar circumstances to many of you. I hope that whatever is causing this frustrating payment delay for so many of you will be fixed soon! 

Are you saying you received a 38,338 stimulus payment?

11 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

That seems about right. 38,338 baht divided by $1200 is a exchange rate of about 31.35. But if you add the 200 baht fee (charged here) to 38,338 and subtract the $5 fee (NY fee) from $1200 the rate is 32.25 which is about correct the April 30th.

24 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Well, i assume that’s what it was because I receive much, much less each month for my SS payment (which normally arrives on the 4th of the month) and if you divide 38,338 by 1200, it works out to be 31.95 baht which was the approximate exchange rate at that time. The deposit didn’t say it was the stimulus payment, but I don’t know what else it could have been! Any ideas? Did I jump to conclusions?

27 minutes ago, morning glory said:

That appears to be the reason you got your payment earlier than most that are non filers.

I don't think they have done anything for those getting SSA payments who did not do it since they started long ago they would use the account info from the SSA.

Got to the registration page for the non filers form and decided I did not want to go any further.

As of to day I still get usual no info message on the get my payment site 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still waiting for the IRS to fix the mistake they made on my, and probably many others file where they put mine under the someone claimed you as a dependent code. The man from IRS told me he would forward it on up to someone who would fix their mistake, but i don't know how long that will take.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That seems about right. 38,338 baht divided by $1200 is a exchange rate of about 31.35. But if you add the 200 baht fee (charged here) to 38,338 and subtract the $5 fee (NY fee) from $1200 the rate is 32.25 which is about correct the April 30th.

Thanks for confirming my theory. ????

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That appears to be the reason you got your payment earlier than most that are non filers.

I don't think they have done anything for those getting SSA payments who did not do it since they started long ago they would use the account info from the SSA.

Got to the registration page for the non filers form and decided I did not want to go any further.

As of to day I still get usual no info message on the get my payment site 

Hope you get yours soon! I’m beginning to feel a little guilty about having received mine....several close friends here have also not received theirs...

15 minutes ago, morning glory said:

Well, i assume that’s what it was because I receive much, much less each month for my SS payment (which normally arrives on the 4th of the month) and if you divide 38,338 by 1200, it works out to be 31.95 baht which was the approximate exchange rate at that time. The deposit didn’t say it was the stimulus payment, but I don’t know what else it could have been! Any ideas? Did I jump to conclusions?

Very sorry - I read that wrong.  Thanks for such a patient response - apologies!

14 hours ago, Pib said:

Latest tally of stimulus payments. First link is the 22 May IRS press release....2nd link is a Forbes 22 May press release putting the IRS release in layman's language with additional info.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-release-latest-state-by-state-economic-impact-payment-figures-for-may-22-2020

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaharziv/2020/05/22/irs-sent-22-million-stimulus-checks-worth-57-billion-in-past-two-weeks-257-billion-disbursed-so-far/#76109dfc155c

According to above the IRS has now made 152 million stimulus payments as of 22 May.  So, how many payments does that leave to go.  Well, in mid April the Treasury/IRS estimated to Congress that 171 million total payments would be made.   That leaves around 19 million payments to go.

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/sites/democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/files/documents/2020.04.16 Rebate Payment Timeline FINAL.pdf

image.png.56395c61dee4047bec00a50a9e260ca5.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Encouraged by (what I interpret as) WayneEd's success in using the non-filer's SS whatever, I went and created an account, login, etc.

And, the site takes me to a 2019 income tax form. That seems out of whack, given I am a non-filer receiving monthly SS payments for years by direct deposit to Bangkok Bank via the Manila office.

A list of other forms is here: https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/forms.availability.

Appreciate any assistance and/or advice.

thanks, ~o:37;

22 minutes ago, orang37 said:

I found this on the FAQ's for the non filers. https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/eip.faqs

"What form will I be filling out?

This is not a new form. We are using the existing 1040 and collecting a few data elements to compute the Economic Impact Payment."

It seems you got the correct form.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Encouraged by (what I interpret as) WayneEd's success in using the non-filer's SS whatever, I went and created an account, login, etc.

And, the site takes me to a 2019 income tax form. That seems out of whack, given I am a non-filer receiving monthly SS payments for years by direct deposit to Bangkok Bank via the Manila office.

A list of other forms is here: https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/forms.availability.

thanks, ~o:37;

As Joe said you got the correct form,  I filled it out and got the message that they receive and now everybody that works for the IRS is at the newly opened beaches.  Oh well! it and nothing more was required.  I have received no direct deposit or check  like a previous poster. Now everybody that works fur the IRS is at the previously open beaches.  Oh well!

• Like 2

UPDATE!!

First let me say that I live in Thailand, I receive social security, but I DID file a 2018 tax return to Austin, TX.

Secondly let me say that the get my payment tool said that a check was scheduled to be mailed to me on May 1st.

TODAY, I received the Donald Trump letter DATED May 1st that confirmed I was to be sent my payment by check/DEBIT CARD

The Trump letter was supposed to be mailed 14 days AFTER payment was sent to you.

So now I am totally confused. Did the payment go out the middle of April and I did not get?

Did the payment go out on May 1st, but this letter beat out my payment?

Did they make a late switch to send out my payment by debit card? If so, those cards just started to be mailed out on May 15th.

No way to figure out the IRS and what they do. I have no choice but to wait a few more weeks and see what happens before I try to call them and get this straightened out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Did the payment go out on May 1st, but this letter beat out my payment?

Probably

30 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Did they make a late switch to send out my payment by debit card? If so, those cards just started to be mailed out on May 15th.

That is possible.

2 hours ago, racyrick said:

The Trump letter was supposed to be mailed 14 days AFTER payment was sent to you.

No, the letter is mailed to each recipient’s last known address "within 15 days after the Payment is made." 

This means the notification letter could be mailed the same day the payment is issued or up to 15 days after.....I expect it's typically mailed out about a week after the payment.

I received my stimulus payment to my US bank on 15 Apr....and on 28 Apr the Trump letter arrived my US mailing address as I filed my federal return using my US mailing address vs my Thailand address.

My bet would be they did mail a check vs debit card, but the Trump letter just arrived before the check.  The Trump letter is mailed from Austin TX (or mine was); not sure where the Treasury check/card is mailed from.

From the IRS website

image.png.2b94d600a6104bd4cd2a6494c86c2494.png

From CARES ACT

image.png.7449e2e1f3adc8b2a4ff8b576302f1bf.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
On 5/23/2020 at 1:32 PM, SilverBlue said:

Another week, another update.  I was able to enter my direct deposit on the Get My Payment site on May 8, and it told me when I will receive confirmation of when it would be deposited.  Next couple days, I check again, and it says I will now get a check mailed to the address on file on May 15.  I haven't seen a direct deposit yet, so it looks like the IRS has definitely changed their mind about direct deposit for me and are sending me a check to my Thai address.  I'll let you all know if I get it for those who are in the same situation as me.

Filed married joint and owed taxes, living here in Thailand w/ my American wife and kid.

i was able to access the system on may 08 and enter my direct deposit, which was accepted.  a couple days later, i got the "scheduled to be mailed on the 15th" message.

i was wondering if this is a glitch, where the system just defaults to that message.

has anyone here that had their DD info accepted, and then gotten the "mail on 15th" message gotten either a DD or a physical check yet??

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i was able to access the system on may 08 and enter my direct deposit, which was accepted.  a couple days later, i got the "scheduled to be mailed on the 15th" message.

i was wondering if this is a glitch, where the system just defaults to that message.

has anyone here that had their DD info accepted, and then gotten the "mail on 15th" message gotten either a DD or a physical check yet??

Typically the IRS make stimulus payment direct deposits on a Wednesday, like 13 May....and mail checks on a Friday, like 15 May.  Just the way they typically do it....DDs on Wed and checks on Friday.   Where the Treasury/IRS generate the direct deposit, the Bureau of Fiscal Services generate the checks after receiving files to do so from the IRS.

Edited by Pib
6 minutes ago, Pib said:

Typically the IRS make stimulus payment direct deposits on a Wednesday, like 13 May....and mail checks on a Friday, like 15 May.  Just the way they typically do it....DDs on Wed and checks on Friday.   Where the Treasury/IRS generate the direct deposit, the Bureau of Fiscal Services generate the checks after receiving files to do so from the IRS.

sure,  but DD information was accepted.....so are they mailing a physical check, or was this just an incorrect default update message?  if DD is wednesday, perhaps we'll see tomorrow.

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

....so are they mailing a physical check, or was this just an incorrect default update message?  if DD is wednesday, perhaps we'll see tomorrow.

Could be...but I've seen quite a few posts on other blogs/forums where people said they entered their DD info at the IRS site...got confirmation of acceptance, but still ended up getting a check.  Kinda sounds like although the DD info was accepted it was received too late to allow DD as the IRS had already sent files to the Bureau of Fiscal Service to generate a check.   Kinda like buying a plane ticket but arriving at the airport too late to catch the flight.   

But I don't remember seeing any post where person said the IRS site said a check was going to be mailed but a DD showed up instead.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Vajra Kilaya said:

May ask you please, where is it that you are seeing these messages? I have gone back in after filling out the form to enter bank info and address and can find no where to get updates... and this is in the freefillableforms site I am talking about... where are you seeing updates? Thanks in advance..

from the irs "get my payment" app

19 minutes ago, Vajra Kilaya said:

May ask you please, where is it that you are seeing these messages? I have gone back in after filling out the form to enter bank info and address and can find no where to get updates... and this is in the freefillableforms site I am talking about... where are you seeing updates? Thanks in advance..

Info is here and with buttons for doing it. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, whitewolfchefny said:

I'm Retired Military, Receive My Retirement Benefits DD. Received A Check For Stimulus Payment. May 10th. 

Check received to your Thailand address or US address?

• Thanks 1

Still no new info on the get my payment site. Same "Payment Status Not Available" message.

Still the same false info on the IRS site. As far as I know nobody has gotten one unless they filed a tax return or used the non filer site.

image.png.91adf5db686cfa232a353e636e14714d.png

Still the same advice on the non filers site that a person in my case should not use it. I am worried it would throw a wrench in the works if I tried it now. 

It still states this.

image.png.425159559c6097341f4a14fead11a85e.png

I am sure I would have problems since I am married to a Thai and would not be submitting info for her.

Has anybody gotten a payment recently?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, whitewolfchefny said:

I'm Retired Military, Receive My Retirement Benefits DD. Received A Check For Stimulus Payment. May 10th. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, Pib said:

Check received to your Thailand address or US address?

Since whitewolfchefny hasn't replied from looking thru his posts he appears to be in Thailand for a short period/visiting Thai family, but still lives in the U.S.  So, I will assume his check arrived his U.S. address/US bank acct.  And I expect there is a good chance he probably filed a 2019/2018 return also.  

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Still no new info on the get my payment site. Same "Payment Status Not Available" message.

Still the same false info on the IRS site. As far as I know nobody has gotten one unless they filed a tax return or used the non filer site.

image.png.91adf5db686cfa232a353e636e14714d.png

Still the same advice on the non filers site that a person in my case should not use it. I am worried it would throw a wrench in the works if I tried it now. 

It still states this.

image.png.425159559c6097341f4a14fead11a85e.png

I am sure I would have problems since I am married to a Thai and would not be submitting info for her.

Has anybody gotten a payment recently?

As I stated in an earlier post, I got the Trump letter but not my payment.

For what it's worth, I filed a 2018 return even though I did not have to. I also get ss.

I did fill out the non filers form to give my bank details since I was not able to get into the get my payment site because of address issues and to make sure they had my dependents.