Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I do it the first way using IRS site. But it does not save bank details, says so when you do it. And each time I have to re-enter the bank details. 

That explains it...bank info is not saved.   Thanks.

I wonder if the IRS does any verification when pulling the funds....like the name on the acct must match.  If not it seems the money could be pulled from any bank acct that is entered (enter my bank info and pay your quarterly taxes).   But if a person did enter someone else's bank acct info fraudulently and the IRS pulled the money, eventually, the real owner of the bank acct would catch on and notify his bank, bank would notify the IRS, IRS would return the money....then all those quarterly payments get zeroed out and the person has a outstanding tax bill.  So, I guess that is good enough reason to not do it.

Well, I just deposited my Stimulus Check.  My local BKK bank branch could not handle it, so I went to the main branch on silom. Up on the second floor I was given the choice between cashing it for 2000 or so Baht and depositing it for 477.30 Baht. Since I don't need the money urgently, I deposited it.  It's supposed to clear in a couple of months.

28 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Well, I just deposited my Stimulus Check.  My local BKK bank branch could not handle it, so I went to the main branch on silom. Up on the second floor I was given the choice between cashing it for 2000 or so Baht and depositing it for 477.30 Baht. Since I don't need the money urgently, I deposited it.  It's supposed to clear in a couple of months.

Did you file a 2019/2018 return or use the Non-Filers tool?   If not, are you drawing social security or VA benefits?   

Also on the Bangkok Bank fee schedule (Thai language only) the best I can figure an advance payment (immediate cash deposit) the fee is Bt403 which I think is additive on top of the basic cashing/clearing fee.  That Bt477.30 fee is inline with their fee schedule which says $15 plus Bt3 when waiting for the check to clear...considering the current exchange rate that works out to the Bt477.30.   And I too would wait for the check to clear vs paying an approx Bt2,000 fee....that's expensive.

Edited by Pib
2 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I filed a 1040 and 2555 for 2018.  I'm not collecting any SS benefits.  I used my Thai address in my US tax return

OK...was wondering if possibly you got your payment without doing a 2019/2018/Non-Filers return; that is, just getting it based SS benefits with no requirement to file a return.  But you got the payment because of filing a 2018 return.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

i took a long time to find the number to call for human help with  my payment, can anybody pl. give it out again, thank you.

+1267  941 1000 I thank they are live 6am to 11pm EST. This is number I used be patent it does work.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

Just now same message I have been getting from day one.

image.png.b047fb8e60615573b93a2a1b660c5802.png

Just BS on their website. It says most had been paid by May 15.

I am not aware of anybody that has got one here. Nothing I can recall on this topic other those that filed or used the non filers site.

I get the same message and used the non fillers tool a long time ago, still nothing by mail or direct deposit to either my previous address or BBL or my new address or bank account here in good old Corvid19 & Protest Ville.

• Like 2

Monthly SSA recipient, 2018 and 2019 non-filer

I accessed the :Get My Payment" website today and there was actually information there not usual "INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE".  It says that "We scheduled your payment to be deposited on June 10, 2020 to the account below  XXXXXXXXXXXX".  The account that they are supposedly going to deposited in is the account here in the US that I registered with the IRS online in late April, not my Bangkok Bank information that was on last years 1099 form.  We'll see what happens on Wednesday the 10th.

It went on to say "If you don't see your payment credited to your account check with your bank to verify they received it.  We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

I guess that it hasn't been lost yet!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, wayned said:

Monthly SSA recipient, 2018 and 2019 non-filer

I accessed the :Get My Payment" website today and there was actually information there not usual "INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE".  It says that "We scheduled your payment to be deposited on June 10, 2020 to the account below  XXXXXXXXXXXX".  The account that they are supposedly going to deposited in is the account here in the US that I registered with the IRS online in late April, not my Bangkok Bank information that was on last years 1099 form.  We'll see what happens on Wednesday the 10th.

It went on to say "If you don't see your payment credited to your account check with your bank to verify they received it.  We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

I guess that it hasn't been lost yet!

OK, the Get My Payment website now reports your are getting a  payment on 10 June.    Before this latest check of Get My Payment, when was the last time you checked for status?

Just wondering if your updated payment status "just happened over the last day or so".....or maybe it occurred a week or more ago if you haven't been checking except maybe every week or so.  Just trying to narrow down when the status changed for you.

Surprise, surprise, the $1200 was deposited into my US bank account today 10 June, just like the message on "GET MY PAYMENT" said that it would.  I suspect that it was due to my ignoring the "rules" and inputting my address and bank information on the IRS website in late April or early MAY even though I had previously change it through the SSA toll free number. I hope that everybody else gets theirs soon.

• Like 1

Today I helped a dual US-Thai citizen husband-wife couple apply for their stimulus payment via the Non-Filers tool.  They have not filed a federal tax return for approx 15 years since retiring to Thailand after many years in the U.S.  I've known them for about 10 years.  The wife is receiving monthly SS payments to Bangkok Bank (I hand walked her thru that process several years ago) but the Get My Payment website has continually showed her stimulus payment status as still collecting info or not eligible....you know, that generic status.   And the husband who is not drawing SS yet (plans to start in a few years) also showed the same status as the wife when using the Get My Payment status.

So, after some discussion about the wife not receiving any payment yet although the IRS is supposed to get stimulus payment data from the SSA, the husband will not receive any payment unless filing a regular return or using the Non-Filers tool, the possibility of more stimulus payments if some version of HEROS Act passes this summer, and just a variety of things they decided they wanted to use the Non-Filers tool to file a joint return. 

So, I hand walked them through the Non-Filers process around their dining room table. First had to create an email address as they didn't have one...they are pretty much computer/smartphone illiterate....they use their phones for voice calls.....no emails, no texts, no LINE, no Facebook, etc....and they don't own a computer.  Just a nice old couple living on a small income.  So, created a gmail email acct as an email address is required for verification and use of the Non-Filers tool.  Initially had a problem in the Non-Filers tool verifying the email address but finally got it verified.   

They did not have a joint bank acct together....each had separate bank accts....so, we used one of their Bangkok Bank accts for the direct deposit info.  If their $2,400 payment is approved by the IRS it will arrive in both their names and hard telling if Bangkok Bank will accept or reject the payment as the payment will be to both of them. They both have the same last name, but Bangkok Bank may reject it back to the IRS if the bank demands a perfect name match. If the bank rejects it back, then the IRS will just resend via check/debit card.  Figured trying the direct deposit method could speed things up greatly if it worked....but if it don't work out it just means a check get mailed instead.

Then continued and submitted the Non-Filer return....immediately got the initial confirmation the info had been sent to the IRS and the IRS should accept or reject within 24-48 hours, but, well within an hour got notification that the IRS had "accepted" the return.   Now it's just a matter of waiting for the IRS to process it....see if they challenge it...suspect identity theft or something since they are using a foreign address, neither has filed a return for probably 15 years as their income level doesn't require an annual return...etc.  Just so many things that can blog down processing a return.  If the IRS does want more info/challenge the return the couple will just get the appropriate notice via snail mail instructing them to do this-or-that. 

Time will tell...but at least they feel better they have submitted the required paperwork/info to get their stimulus payment under the CARES Act and maybe another stimulus payment(s) if Congress passes another law to hand out more stimulus payments.

Well mine finally arrived. Check and letter on same day. Took about 7 weeks if really mailed on 1 May as they said.

Hitting a brick wall on depositing it though. Tried with my US bank mobile app and keep getting error message telling me to take the picture again. Messaged the bank & they told me to make ATM deposit. Replied that not an option as I am in Thailand. No answer. Meanwhile I already endorsed it for deposit via the mobile app so local deposit not an option.

Luckily I am not in urgent need of the funds but it sure is annoying. Would have been so simple for them to do a direct deposit but as I file I could not use the tool to provide my bank details.

For that matter I would have been happy to just apply it to 2020 taxes but that also was not an option.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Well mine finally arrived. Check and letter on dame day. Took about 7 weeks if really mailed on 1 May as they said.

I went thru a similar thing yesterday with my first time using a particular brokerage mobile deposit app.

One thing it asked for was to place the check on a dark background, so I did that, no deal... Then, it kept saying the photos weren't good enough from my smartphone, which has a perfectly good camera...

Finally, I took the check into the bedroom and put it directly under a strong direct lamp light to take the photos, and BINGO, now all of a sudden the app was happy and the check went thru....

55 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Well mine finally arrived. Check and letter on dame day. Took about 7 weeks if really mailed on 1 May as they said.

Congratulation.???? May 1 to today is 41 days almost 6 weeks. Tomorrow is 42 and 6 weeks. Yes I am counting and still waiting as I was told by a live voice that mine was mailed out May 1 and would take 6 weeks. These checks are coming by sea transport. These checks are taking between 6 to 8+ weeks by reports. A report on another thread was 59 days or 8+ weeks.

Edited by khwaibah
3 hours ago, wayned said:

Surprise, surprise, the $1200 was deposited into my US bank account today 10 June, just like the message on "GET MY PAYMENT" said that it would.  I suspect that it was due to my ignoring the "rules" and inputting my address and bank information on the IRS website in late April or early MAY even though I had previously change it through the SSA toll free number. I hope that everybody else gets theirs soon.

Wonder if you could be more specific date wise on that "late April to early May" submission via the Non-Filers tool.  Example: 28 Apr, 10 May, etc.    Maybe some email notifications or notes you have has the specific date.

This would give us a better estimate of how long from Non-Filers tool use to actual payment a person can expect.    Thanks.

oh noes!  still waiting for my check, allegedly mailed may 15.....to china.

there's a new message on the get my payment site:

Mailed Check Payments May Be Sent As Debit Cards

If the Get My Payment application says you’re receiving a check, your Payment may come as a debit card. Debit card Payments come in a plain envelope from “Money Network Cardholder Services."

following the links, there is a procedure to transfer cash from the debit card to a bank account by ACH transfer, after registering via an 800-number.

so....anyone receive a debit card in the mail?

Regarding anyone drawing SS/VA and hasn't been filing returns due to income level and still doesn't have any payment status showing on the "Get My Payment" website other than a status along the lines of "still collecting info or not eligible" (although you know you are eligible), I've come to the conclusion chances are good no payment is coming your way any time soon and you may have to file a 2019 or 2020 return or use the Non-Filers tool to get the stimulus because there is simply a problem with your current IRS stimulus info.  Kinda like what fredwiggy found out about his payment.  But this is just my opinion (right or wrong).

About a week ago when Treasury/IRS released new stimulus payment stats/news the language in their press release changed regarding use of the Non Filers tool.  Additionally, the Non-Filers tool entry weblink wording (snapshot 1 below) changed also.  

No longer on the Non Filers weblink entry page (snapshot 1) did it say you shouldn't use the tool if drawing SS/VA benefits and not required to file a 2019/2018 return...shouldn't use it because the IRS will get the needed info from the SSA/VA.   The SS/VA statement had been removed.   See snapshot 1 below for current wording which does not include the SS/VA wording....and snapshot 2 for earlier wording which did include the SS/VA statements.

Now, when you click "Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here" which takes you to the freefile Non Filers website (snapshot 3 below) it still includes the statement about SS/VA folks shouldn't use the tool.  But I figure that's simply a case of that webpage not being updated.  

Yeap, in my opinion the IRS guidance that you shouldn't use the Non-Filers tool if receiving SS/VA and not filing returns is guidance that no longer applies.  Additionally, if googling about the Non-Filers tool and looked at websites/press releases over the last few days (like around from 6 June forward) several talk about the IRS push to get more people to use the Non-Filers tool since the great bulk of payments have already been made....make more people aware of it to including the homeless, groups where English is not their primary/original language, just groups of folks who may not have got the word, etc.   

Now the IRS says the Non-Filers tool will still be available through 15 Oct 2020 so a person who is drawing SS/VA and hasn't been filing returns still has plenty of time to wait and see if a payment shows up.   A person still has plenty of time to decide whether they should use the Non-Filers tool or not.  

Snapshot 1

Now...no longer mentions not to use if drawing SS/VA

image.png.07654b87b077811b7262941190be1547.png

Snapshot 2

Before...up to about a week ago...said

shouldn't use if drawing SS/VA 

image.png.e0a2c5996ae90f21c8d39f26c2c6934d.png

Snapshot 3....Non Filers takes you to the freefile website below...still has the wording about SS/VA

image.png.5331906cc93316bec63c4fdd7d4972aa.png

• Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

oh noes!  still waiting for my check, allegedly mailed may 15.....to china.

there's a new message on the get my payment site:

Mailed Check Payments May Be Sent As Debit Cards

If the Get My Payment application says you’re receiving a check, your Payment may come as a debit card. Debit card Payments come in a plain envelope from “Money Network Cardholder Services."

Payment via debit card for some is not new info....came out in mid May...been on the IRS website and press releases since mid May.

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Yeap, in my opinion the IRS guidance that you shouldn't use the Non-Filers tool if receiving SS/VA and not filing returns is guidance that no longer applies. 

They have done some additional changes dated yesterday. This one seems to say you should do it if your are getting SSA and have not gotten a payment yet.

image.png.4af470415a00d4bd8227803e651871d0.png

image.png.1d9e4bc4534f484b323fc321afcf7ae2.png

Source: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

I think I will entering my payment info this morning.

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They have done some additional changes dated yesterday. This one seems to say you should do it if your are getting SSA and have not gotten a payment yet.

image.png.4af470415a00d4bd8227803e651871d0.png

image.png.1d9e4bc4534f484b323fc321afcf7ae2.png

Source: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

I think I will entering my payment info this morning.

Me too. Below is the full list of who should not use Non-Filers. Myself as a non-filer, receiving SS,  and having not received a payment yet, I am not in this list. IOW, they are telling people who have not received a payment yet to use Non-Filers.

Q20. Who should NOT use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here? (updated June 10, 2020)

A20. You should not use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool if any of the following apply:

• You already filed a 2019 tax return.
  • You are required to file a 2019 tax return
  • You already received your Economic Impact Payment based on your 2018 or 2019 return, even if you think you did not receive the full amount (for example, because you have a newly born child in 2020 who was not reported on your 2019 return).
  • You are not required to file a return and already received your Payment based on your 2019 Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits even if you think you did not receive the full amount.
  • Someone claimed you as a dependent on their 2019 tax return.
  • You weren’t a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (green card holder) in 2019. Those who were resident aliens in 2019 because they satisfied the “substantial presence test” and qualify for the Payment must file a tax return to receive the Payment.
  • You don’t have a Social Security Number valid for employment.