Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Still no new info on the get my payment site. Same "Payment Status Not Available" message.

Still the same false info on the IRS site. As far as I know nobody has gotten one unless they filed a tax return or used the non filer site.

image.png.91adf5db686cfa232a353e636e14714d.png

Still the same advice on the non filers site that a person in my case should not use it. I am worried it would throw a wrench in the works if I tried it now. 

It still states this.

image.png.425159559c6097341f4a14fead11a85e.png

I am sure I would have problems since I am married to a Thai and would not be submitting info for her.

Has anybody gotten a payment recently?

Same boat here - neither a check or DD.  Also Status not Available from the start...

Just saw this topic again in the sidebar.  I received my check on May 15, then 3-4 days later the Trump letter.  Around the beginning of May I had checked the Social security website and it stated my check was mailed April 24.  So took about 3 weeks.  Will have to wait to deposit after Thai post opens up to international mail I guess.  Bank will not accept until then, was told.  Last U.S. check I deposited here took about 6 weeks to clear... funds to be available.  Wish I knew how to get the Bank of America Check scanning app on my phone without a U.S. phone number, but seems impossible.  

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Skallywag said:

I received my check on May 15, then 3-4 days later the Trump letter.  Around the beginning of May I had checked the Social security website and it stated my check was mailed April 24. 

I am sure you mean the IRS website not the SSA website.

I think you had filed tax returns and your payment was not from a SSA-1099.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Never applied for anything and just received the second one....woohoo party time ! 

Not sure how you got 2 of them unless one was for your wife.

There is no application needed unless you did not file taxes in 2018 or 2018 or do not get Social Security or some type of government pension or benefits.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how you got 2 of them unless one was for your wife.

There is no application needed unless you did not file taxes in 2018 or 2018 or do not get Social Security or some type of government pension or benefits.

Yes, I forgot to mention I did file my U.S. 2018 and 2019 taxes (from Thailand)

21 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Just saw this topic again in the sidebar.  I received my check on May 15, then 3-4 days later the Trump letter.  Around the beginning of May I had checked the Social security website and it stated my check was mailed April 24.  So took about 3 weeks.  Will have to wait to deposit after Thai post opens up to international mail I guess.  Bank will not accept until then, was told.  Last U.S. check I deposited here took about 6 weeks to clear... funds to be available.  Wish I knew how to get the Bank of America Check scanning app on my phone without a U.S. phone number, but seems impossible.  

What was the date on your Trump letter? Thanks

"Wish I knew how to get the Bank of America Check scanning app on my phone . . ."

Banking apps can be troublesome to install. Sometimes you can't download from Google Playstore if you're outside the U.S. Sometimes you can't use the app if you've rooted your device or it's otherwise considered "unsafe." For check scanning, you can't use a camera with a fixed-focus. Etc.

probably futile, given what i've heard this year about Manila SSA not answering calls, but, has anyone "gotten through" to a person, there, to inquire about stimulus payment ?

EAP Regional SSA Contact information:

Social Security Administration
U.S. Embassy Manila

Tel: (+ 63 2) 301-2000 ext. 9
Fax: (+ 63 2)708-9723/ (+63 2)708-9714
E-mail: [email protected]
https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/

The online hours of operation are:

• Weekdays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
  • Saturday 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST
  • Sunday 8:00 AM – 11:30 PM EST
  • Holidays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM EST

thanks, ~o:37;

16 minutes ago, orang37 said:

probably futile, given what i've heard this year about Manila SSA not answering calls, but, has anyone "gotten through" to a person, there, to inquire about stimulus payment ?

EAP Regional SSA Contact information:

Social Security Administration
U.S. Embassy Manila

Tel: (+ 63 2) 301-2000 ext. 9
Fax: (+ 63 2)708-9723/ (+63 2)708-9714
E-mail: [email protected]
https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/

The online hours of operation are:

• Weekdays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
  • Saturday 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST
  • Sunday 8:00 AM – 11:30 PM EST
  • Holidays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM EST

thanks, ~o:37;

I do not know the status but Manila has been on a much more severe lock down that Thailand so expect many local workers were on leave or at least reduced staff for last several months.  They just seem to be coming out of it a bit in most locations today.  

37 minutes ago, orang37 said:

I suspect they will not know anymore more about it than we do.

You might get more info by calling the IRS using this number. 12679411000.

• Like 1

They are now mailing debit cards to some & it has caused some confusion with some throwing cards away.

Also reports of mailbox theft

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/check-your-junk-mail-4-million-americans-are-getting-their-stimulus-payments-as-prepaid-debit-cards-not-checks-2020-05-27

23 minutes ago, meechai said:

They are now mailing debit cards to some & it has caused some confusion with some throwing cards away.

I don't think that would happen here. I am sure people getting any mail would open it since their mail boxes are not packed with a bunch of junk mail.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think that would happen here. I am sure people getting any mail would open it since their mail boxes are not packed with a bunch of junk mail.

Unfortunately I would worry more about not getting it at all.

I had 3 credit cards go missing from my mail in Chiang Mai that my daughter was forwarding

Finally I wondered if when folks feel a card in envelope it doesn't get delivered?

I finally had to have her send it FedEx because each time she sent it USPS it never arrived & I had to report

it stolen. I was getting worried my bank would stop issuing.

While they knew I was living in Thailand they would not send a card to Thailand just my US address

With this Stimulus card I guess they are getting stolen from mailboxes in US because anyone can use it like a prefilled debit card.

That said maybe they would not be sent to Thailand at all either?

Edited by meechai
3 minutes ago, meechai said:

With this Stimulus card I guess they are getting stolen from mailboxes in US because anyone can use it like a prefilled debit card.

The card has to be activated before use like any other debit/credit card.  So, if it gets stolen in the mail the bad guy will have to pass an activation verification process first.

How do I activate my EIP Card? (updated June, 1, 2020)

Call 1.800.240.8100 (TTY: 1.800.241.9100). During activation, you will be asked to input your Card Number, last 6-digits of your social security number and the 3-digit security code from the back of your Card. You could be asked to further validate your identity by providing, at minimum, your name and address or answer identity verification questions. In a few instances, the first name of one payee is linked to the last name of a second payee on the Card. For mismatched names, the payee with the first name on the first line must activate the Card and/or validate identity to continue activation.

You will also be asked to create a 4-digit PIN required for ATM transactions and automated assistance and to hear your balance. For your Account security, do not use personal information as your PIN. For Cards with more than one name, only the primary Cardholder (listed first on the Card) may activate the Card.

7 minutes ago, meechai said:

I had 3 credit cards go missing from my mail in Chiang Mai that my daughter was forwarding

Finally I wondered if when folks feel a card in envelope it doesn't get delivered?

I have never had a problem getting mail here. 

You should of had your daughter send it by International Express Mail instead of normal post. That would of been deliverd without a problem.

8 minutes ago, meechai said:

The card is not valid until you authenticate it.

4 minutes ago, meechai said:

That said maybe they would not be sent to Thailand at all either?

I think they would send them to here the same as they have mailed checks already.

I got my check in the mail today! ????

I no longer have a US bank account. 

I file taxes every year using my address in Bangkok and filing both a 1040 and a 2555 (no taxes owed or refunded).

I have not filed my taxes for 2019 yet, as there is no mail service to the US at this time, so the most recent filing was for 2018.

The check was sent to my Bangkok address and it is a real check, not a debit card.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I'll probably try BB, but I wonder if one might have an advantage with foreign checks over another.

Bangkok Bank might be the best since they have a branch in New York that could possibley handle it for them.

2 hours ago, Pib said:

The card has to be activated before use like any other debit/credit card.  So, if it gets stolen in the mail the bad guy will have to pass an activation verification process first.

Very good

I wonder why they were reporting those thefts?

Maybe thieves didn't know or thought they could game the system verification

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should of had your daughter send it by International Express Mail instead of normal post. That would of been delivered without a problem.

Hind sight is 20/20 ????

But yes lesson learned.... ????

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never had a problem getting mail here. 

You should of had your daughter send it by International Express Mail instead of normal post. That would of been deliverd without a problem.

The card is not valid until you authenticate it.

I think they would send them to here the same as they have mailed checks already.

I agree. I've never had a mail problem. If an issue complain to the local postmaster. It can be a problem in the US though where I often got neighbors mail.

Edited by checkered flag
5 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I got my check in the mail today! ????

I no longer have a US bank account. 

I file taxes every year using my address in Bangkok and filing both a 1040 and a 2555 (no taxes owed or refunded).

I have not filed my taxes for 2019 yet, as there is no mail service to the US at this time, so the most recent filing was for 2018.

The check was sent to my Bangkok address and it is a real check, not a debit card.

What was the date that your checked was supposed to be sent? April 24th or May 1st

Thanks

1 hour ago, SilverBlue said:

The IRS Get My Payment website said my check was mailed on May 15 to the address on file (here in Chiang Mai, Thailand).  I have not received it yet.

Mail is slow getting here now from the states. It can take 3 or 4 weeks for it to get here now according to posts in another topic.

Were you getting a payment due to a past income tax filing or from a SSA-1099 and etc.