Army Drones Over Chiang Mai

lexilis

14 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Me too, the last serious drone I came across a couple of years ago was something I saw on the backseat of my friends car. He said it cost 30,000 baht, so I thought that was serious for a "toy".

That thing in the picture is summat else.

Exactly haha

It is the future,police and army are going to be using drones for patrolling.

Don't worry about them taking your picture,do you have any idea how many times per day you are being filmed or have your picture taken?

Drones are a lot faster and cheaper to deploy ,if they sense something wrong,send in the dogs!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farma said:

Interesting.  Much faster than I would have thought.  I know they do "walking gait" recognition too, but that doesn't work in large crowds (large cities).

But the system struggles to identify people with both a mask and sunglasses, he said.

Put on a pair of sunglasses and face mask and they have nothing to go on for now ....

8 hours ago, Trujillo said:

So you actually saw the plane you posted or you are thinking/wishing it was that? 

It could have been a crop-dusting drone. They are used for other things, perhaps some aerial surveying of something. 

I've seen one, and more importantly heard it. Too high for a crop duster, and the wing looks designed for altitude. Having seen a large military aircraft doing laps of the superhighway a few years ago - presumably practising by targeting cars or some such - I'd guess it was doing something similar, though I suppose it could have be looking for gatherings.

I don't think there is anything sinister in this. The RTA 7th Division is based just north of CM and they would use these drones for surveillance if the division was deployed anywhere. With no air traffic now they might be just using the opportunity for training to operate the vehicles over dense urban environments.

On 4/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, CGW said:

Are there really still sheeple out there using this statement ????

Behave yourselves people its all for your own good! Their is no ulterior motive - trust us ????

image.png.f723bfbee34cfcc51a1bb7180ea76d45.png

Your clever use of the word sheeple has convinced my that you are correct