Roadblock Watch

SidJames

3 hours ago, treetops said:

I don't think there's any.  The supports are anchored by huge water containers.  Going by the size of the big ones, they could be about 2 or 3 tonnes each if full.

Where did they get the water from?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

If you wish to continue south on Sukhumvit you must immediately manoeuvre into the left hand lane as all the other lanes are blocked for temp/doc checks and a right turn into Pattaya Klang... no options to go straight.

So you managed to continue south on Sukhumvit past Klang?

4 hours ago, treetops said:

I don't think there's any.  The supports are anchored by huge water containers.  Going by the size of the big ones, they could be about 2 or 3 tonnes each if full.

They are 1000lt IBC's, they weigh about 80kg empty.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So you managed to continue south on Sukhumvit past Klang?

Not a problem... just have to be careful moving into the left hand lane as others are moving into the right hand lanes.

:thumbsup:

Slowly and carefully is safest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

They are 1000lt IBC's, they weigh about 80kg empty.

I was guessing (from a distance) dimensions of 1.2 to 1.5m each side, so 1.0m and just over a ton if full.  I still wouldn't want to move one. ????

3 hours ago, SidJames said:

Has anyone been through today & care to report how it went?

Went through today at 10am.............out of Soi Khao Noi heading to south road.............was just waved through, no check of docs or temp

Thought i/d check if TukCom was open (it isnt ....well 3rd floor up isnt) ...parked in multi storey at the back, by the time i walked round to TukCom girl on the entrance took my temp 38.5 c............had to wait 10mins to cool down before i was let in...............can also confirm Habour Mall is all shut down

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Went through today at 10am.............out of Soi Khao Noi heading to south road.............was just waved through, no check of docs or temp

Thought i/d check if TukCom was open (it isnt ....well 3rd floor up isnt) ...parked in multi storey at the back, by the time i walked round to TukCom girl on the entrance took my temp 38.5 c............had to wait 10mins to cool down before i was let in...............can also confirm Habour Mall is all shut down

i wonder if your temperature hadn't lowered they would have alerted the authorities and taken you away

36 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

the entrance took my temp 38.5 c............had to wait 10mins to cool down before i was let in...............can also confirm Habour Mall is all shut down

I wonder at the accuracy of these temp tests, I went through roadblock #8 yesterday and my temp was 34.3c.

15 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I wonder at the accuracy of these temp tests, I went through roadblock #8 yesterday and my temp was 34.3c.

Also got stopped while visiting Nongprue city hall last week............37.6 degrees, got took to one side and told to sit down to cool off for 5mins.............dropped to 37.3 and was given the all clear.........

16 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

can also confirm Habour Mall is all shut down

That's surprising.  It was open couple of days ago.  I only got as far as the guy with the hand wash and temp gun at the entrance, as he told me the shop I was wanting to go to was closed, but something in there must be up and running to warrant the check.

9 hours ago, treetops said:

That's surprising.  It was open couple of days ago.  I only got as far as the guy with the hand wash and temp gun at the entrance, as he told me the shop I was wanting to go to was closed, but something in there must be up and running to warrant the check.

Could it be the supermarket?

Sorry if my question has already been asked if I’m too thick to grasp the concept.

Im here on visa waiver from uk. Staying in central Pattaya since March. My Thai girlfriend (normally lives in UK with me) has to urgently got up north to visit family. Obviously she wants me to go with her but I’m not clear on there road blocks etc. Can we leave the city? I understand the process of getting back in and see posts from people filling forms etc to go shopping but what about just leaving and not coming back before then going to airport or something. 

Again..sorry if I’m being dim. Thanks

18 hours ago, treetops said:

I only say it was closed as when i drove around the back to park up they had barriers to stop you going up the ramp to the next level to park...........also noticed the downstairs sidedoor had a barrier across.........maybe only way in is the front?..... no entry via the carpark levels?

19 hours ago, treetops said:

Isn't there a supermarket on the basement level at the back. Are all the banks closed too?

5 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I only say it was closed as when i drove around the back to park up they had barriers to stop you going up the ramp to the next level to park...........also noticed the downstairs sidedoor had a barrier across.........maybe only way in is the front?..... no entry via the carpark levels?

Some multi entry buildings are restricting entry points. No doubt over temperature checks / staffing issues. I know of Big C, both at Klang and south Pattaya, and no doubt many more  

16 hours ago, Tom79 said:

Sorry if my question has already been asked if I’m too thick to grasp the concept.

Im here on visa waiver from uk. Staying in central Pattaya since March. My Thai girlfriend (normally lives in UK with me) has to urgently got up north to visit family. Obviously she wants me to go with her but I’m not clear on there road blocks etc. Can we leave the city? I understand the process of getting back in and see posts from people filling forms etc to go shopping but what about just leaving and not coming back before then going to airport or something. 

Again..sorry if I’m being dim. Thanks

There are no restrictions for those people leaving the city.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, fforest1 said:

What amazes me is the humongous canopies they were able to put up in days.....The cost of the canopies had to have been huge....A massive effort for the most just to take someones temperature? and maybe a bit of paper work...

On 4/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, AtlasAus said:

I hope they keep them past this mess.... Gets very hot sitting there awaiting the light change ????

Like I mentioned, they'd probably get trashed within hours by the first overloaded trucks to go ripping through.

Like this one (photos from the Thai Trucking LaemChabang Facebook page courtesy of a friend),
93425199_2531145303775174_6737010830635696128_n.jpg.8250f0ff9cce4790a64dae78bb76bccd.jpg      93821865_2531145243775180_4997166376989753344_n.jpg.65b81a671f297c066bfd8015f6fa5f4a.jpg

And that's nowhere as high as some of those overloaded trucks we see on the roads here !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are there any checkpoints heading south on Sukhumvit after Klang? Not turning right

4 actually. All the checkpoints are in the "Southbound" lanes but I thought one lane was for "through" traffic.

There are checkpoints at the South Pattaya Road, Thepprasit, Boon Kanchana and Chaiyapruek intersections.

The diagrams for each are in this post: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1160916-best-route-to-bangkok-hospital-pattaya-from-darkside/?do=findComment&comment=15328621

• Like 1

just stay at home like your supposed too. If you need to go out and buy food just go and get back. why is knowing if they have a roadblock necessary? if you have nothing to hide, its just a temp check and off you go.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are there any checkpoints heading south on Sukhumvit after Klang? Not turning right

If you're heading South then stay in the left lane, they are no checks that I saw when I went through.

Other lanes are for entry into the Ghetto so you will be checked

• Like 1