How coronavirus hitched a ride through China

snoop1130

How coronavirus hitched a ride through China

By Marco Hernandez, Cate Cadell

jkyu.PNG

FILE PHOTO: A man wearing a face mask walks past an estate agent in Guangzhou's Sanyuanli area, as the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues in the country, in Guangdong province, China April 13, 2020. REUTERS/David Kirton

(Reuters) - As residents of China’s Wuhan began leaving for the first time last week, a Reuters analysis of official statements, data and residents’ accounts reveals how the coronavirus took hold and spread to more than 25 areas of the country before a Jan. 23 lockdown of the city.

Click here to see an interactive graphic that tracks the spread of the coronavirus across China

To the northeastern province of Heilongjiang, on the Russian border, the southern province of Yunnan, on the borders of Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam, and the far western region of Xinjiang, people drove, flew and travelled by train, on business and to visit relatives for the Lunar New Year holiday.

All the while, the coronavirus travelled with them, from as early as December.

New infections in China have declined sharply since a peak of 15,000 cases reported in a single day in February.

Since the beginning of April, China has reported a daily average of 51 cases, with the majority linked to people returning from abroad.

As figures have fallen, officials and state media have declared victory over the disease, but efforts to reopen China from months of lockdown are slow, with growing fears that a new wave of infections could cripple the densely populated country a second time.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-16
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

with growing fears that a new wave of infections could cripple the densely populated country a second time.

It seems more and more difficult to get completely rid of that virus . It may be here to stay . In that case there will be no way back to ' normal ' .

It is only lucky that it is not very deadly ( yet ) because it mutates constantly ...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

We all know it was from the lab in Wuhan. Deliberate or Accidental makes no diffrence. The problem the CCP and WHO have is that they failed to notify everyone that this can pass from human to human. They knew that in Mid December. 

How did WHO know it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, rabas said:

If I report only a fraction of my cases, the shape of the curve is unchanged. There are enough documented problems with Chinese reporting without needing conspiracy theories.

Every exam seems so easy when your know answers in hindsight. Isn't that genius! So even they started higher, they don't need worry about hiding exponentially increasing patients? Don't need hide forklifting corpses / digging Hart island hole / Insufficient handling capacity etc, and like miracle not anyone in Wuhan saw them 17 Millions bodies lying at street(the returning medical assitance volunteers told me situation almost normal by their departure), except some ambigous april fool vids and some trumpuse bois: "I believe" "they must" "they probably" "surely they did"

Do you complaint US, France retrotesting adding thousands death toll among earlier death figure? They must intentionally faked it and millions already dead aren't they. (Worldometer: 6158 deaths US april 14 alone)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

Because of you know WHO feeding Chinese misinformation (h2h? lol) to the rest of the world.

thank you for an excellent example!

i couldn't have said it better myself!

now rhyddid will understand exactly what i was attempting to convey.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

351 cases reported in China today (from yesterday) and a whopping 1290 deaths in a day.

What happened to having it under control.

I think we all know that answer.

Whopping 6185 deaths in US in april 14, alone. Samething they're doing is systematically retrotesting or reclassify. And since China systematically retrotesting very old cases of months span( partially trying locate true patient0 maybe hoping for an US guy, also find any antibodies useful to research ), it's like accurate picture that's it. Of course some would never believe. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

351 cases reported in China today (from yesterday) and a whopping 1290 deaths in a day.

i don't thimk those numbers mean what you think they mean. 

Wuhan (China), the epicenter of the pandemic, today reported 1,290 additional deaths that had not been previously counted and reported, bringing the total number of deaths in Wuhan from 2,579 to 3,869, an increase of 50%, as the result of a revision by the Wuhan New Coronary Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention and Control. As part of this revision, 325 additional cases in Wuhan were also added. Separately, China's National Health Commission (NHC) reported 26 new cases (and no deaths) in its daily report

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe you need to check reading comprehension skills on those numbers...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Time to fess up, China.  America knows you suppress information.  And that kind of BS points to a cover-up at your Wuhan virus lab.  You have no credibility until you prove your innocence—not ignorance.

Of course, core U.S. value: guilty 'til proven innocent!! ????????????

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Right. WHO knows absolutely nothing, except taking bribes from the CCP.  And how about how they ignored Taiwan’s virus information in December?  

It seemed than Taiwan only asked for information.

"TAIPEI--Tension flared again on Saturday as Taiwan accused the World Health Organization (WHO) of playing word games in a dispute over details it sought in an email querying if the new coronavirus could be transmitted between people.".....

"In Taipei on Saturday, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung quoted the text of the Dec. 31 email written in English that the government sent to the WHO.

"News resources today indicate that at least seven atypical pneumonia cases were reported in Wuhan, China," Chen said, reading the email.

"Their health authorities replied to the media that the cases were believed not to be SARS, however the samples are still under examination, and cases have been isolated for treatment," he continued.

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/13291342

Same information on Reuters

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Haha 2