PM apologizes for miscommunication about 5,000 baht subsidies

snoop1130

On 4/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, scorecard said:

Buying new school uniforms (compulsory and several sets per kid) and text books, possible for several kids, for next semester is one example of spending the hand out.

A neighbor bought 4 new tyres for the truck. 

Not having received any money they are up for sale now...lol.

Possibly the truck next week. 

The fine print has obviously caught millions of people. 

The blue book listing that household head occupation is the family occupation (in this household it's farmer. Her father was a farmer, dead 40 years, but amphur updates this annually) has screwed around 17 million people. Government figure. 

And the latest where it's said that if the situation improves nothing will be paid.

End of month back to work. 

So nothing will be paid...

On 4/17/2020 at 10:56 PM, scorecard said:

Good question of course.

Part of the answer is that the army (military) feel they have an entitlement to lots of big and very expensive toys.

An example (in the police, but ultimately same point), some 20+ years back the RTP announced that a new mid range BMW sedan had been delivered to some 800+ senior cops, to be used as their personal work vehicles.

About 2 years later in an assets audit only about 10% of the cars could be found. No further action taken. 

Was required to visit the boys in brown local building in Nangrong recently. 

To my surprise there was no less than 30 Honda CB 250 bikes (new) all lined up and chained together out the back. 

Didn't even bother to ask why...

On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mavideol said:

this is what is looking for....re-open the country, even if dangerous, to avoid the handouts

And as said previously, if anyone is hospitalized, even private, the government will pick up the costs.

Sounds like a huge push for opening up the business is coming soon.

End of month?

Wonder what will happen to the 1 trillion baht borrowing to assist the 17 million so called farmers that was mentioned in the same statement?

20181116_142932.jpg

Edited by dallen52
Typo

35 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

And as said previously, if anyone is hospitalized, even private, the government will pick up the costs.

Sounds like a huge push for opening up the business is coming soon.

End of month?

Wonder what will happen to the 1 trillion baht borrowing to assist the 17 million so called farmers that was mentioned in the same statement?

20181116_142932.jpg

Good points. I'm wondering if there's very strong pressure from powerful ruthless immoral folks within the tourism and aligned industries to open everything, especially open up to the Chinese tourists. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 6:57 PM, johng said:

Don't worry  it was all just a big "misunderstanding"  now they say the money will be  handed out for 3 months a promised ????

We all know that its not happening. 

Government statistics now show 17 million farmers and students that were not listed before. 

Still beats me how the head of the house is listed in the blue book and their occupation is the family occupation. ????

My partners father was a farmer. 

Died 40 years ago. 

She and her sister are listed as farmers.

On some government database. 

So nothing will be paid. 

The information is supposed to be updated annually at the local Amphur..

I don't think so...!!

On 4/18/2020 at 6:16 AM, GAZZPA said:

Because the Thai people have allowed it to happen, simple as that, what is it you don't understand? The Thai government are servants to the people in a democracy. Thailand declares it is a democracy so it should behave like one. It seems you think Thai people are week and feeble and unable to think about what is right for them and their own country. So yes, if they have a government that is incapable of steering them through a crisis then it is their fault as much as anyones. 

Have you ever faced a machine gun or a tank. You talk utter <deleted>.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, dallen52 said:

We all know that its not happening. 

Government statistics now show 17 million farmers and students that were not listed before. 

Still beats me how the head of the house is listed in the blue book and their occupation is the family occupation. ????

My partners father was a farmer. 

Died 40 years ago. 

She and her sister are listed as farmers.

On some government database. 

So nothing will be paid. 

The information is supposed to be updated annually at the local Amphur..

I don't think so...!!

Also in the picture is that many local folks just don't worry about correct records etc.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, scorecard said:

Also in the picture is that many local folks just don't worry about correct records etc.

Possibly true.

I've been prompting my good lady to ask a few questions of the head person, and she informed me that they don't know.

Thing is, now many people are literally starving and no end in sight. 

No odd jobs, no sell Buddha flowers. Nothing. 

But still they get message from the government website saying incorrect information on the registration.(farmer,student)

As a farang looking at the Thai system I can easily say its a load of BS.

They never had any intention of paying 24 million people out of work the 5000 baht x 1 time, let alone 3 times.

And they have the right to remove the scheme if things look to be improved. 

It still baffles me that the blue book data is supposed to be updated annually on government records. !!

By who, or whom? How?

My situation is possibly no different from many others.

My partner is now out of work. 

She returned to the village when her mother died 4 weeks ago, and is now trapped in the village. 

(Not that she has a job to return to anymore.)

Her sister is also out of work. 

Her daughter is not allowed to be at school until July. 

No movement allowed in Buriram province. 

Even village movement in and out is monitored. 

Temperature and ID checks all the time. 

Curfew on being out at night. 

Q..

What are they supposed to do?

Bank of Farang is taking a fair hiding at present. 

Funeral, covid19, loss of jobs, exchange rate.

Family support.

Feeding a few neighbours...

Sadness doesn't  describe the feeling that I have, and I only see this village. 

Thousands of people have the same problems.

Edited by dallen52