PM's brother and tourism committee come under fire

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

this is what is wrong with thailand; corruption in the form of nepotism , blatantly in everyone's face; and they are even smiling !

the most elemental <deleted>

and Thais in Pattaya were sitting out in the heat and humidity on the pavement in the parking lot the other day for 200 baht handout from a local market.  More patience and tolerance than I have rarely seen.  Just how much can the people take?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Thai netizens are roasting General Preecha Chan-o-cha, the younger brother of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, after it became known through the Royal Gazette that he had been appointed a member of the Senate committee on tourism on Thursday."

First off, how much of a salary will he be paid for his participation in conjunction with his other salaries, and how can anyone do so many jobs well...answer they can not....

New TAT Slogan, "Bring your own countries special operations teams, and enjoy the scenic countryside as you practice search and destroy missions"

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, zhounan said:

The mother of these two guys is very satisfied: two guys in the top rank army and now on the top of the government. Compliments. Big money in the future of Chan-o-cha family, while the Thai people are being mocked.

Well, "mocked" is one word that can be applied.

• Haha 1

Look at it this way, for decades the  Thai tourism industry itself has made Thailand into a bottom feeder by focusing on the most trashy and sleazy parts of tourism. You only have to look at Pattaya to see how degraded this country has become.

So why would you want to continue to place the country at this level? The collapse of global tourism is a golden opportunity to emulate what Greece did many decades ago. It got rid of trash tourism and chasing simple numbers of visitors - I am looking at you TAT - and went for higher revenue visitors who have more respect for the national culture.

So a gang of military "tourism experts" has the opportunity to break away from low grade tourism experts and shift the focus of this country away from being the lowest common denominator, that was established by the US military during the war in Vietnam, and make this country into a more civilised, culturally less debased destination. I only hope that they have the intellect to spot this huge opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brommers said:

Look at it this way, for decades the  Thai tourism industry itself has made Thailand into a bottom feeder by focusing on the most trashy and sleazy parts of tourism. You only have to look at Pattaya to see how degraded this country has become.

So why would you want to continue to place the country at this level? The collapse of global tourism is a golden opportunity to emulate what Greece did many decades ago. It got rid of trash tourism and chasing simple numbers of visitors - I am looking at you TAT - and went for higher revenue visitors who have more respect for the national culture.

So a gang of military "tourism experts" has the opportunity to break away from low grade tourism experts and shift the focus of this country away from being the lowest common denominator, that was established by the US military during the war in Vietnam, and make this country into a more civilised, culturally less debased destination. I only hope that they have the intellect to spot this huge opportunity.

Wishful thinking but just how are they going to retrain and employ the millions of 'service ladies' and millions more that benefit from their occupation?

Who will feed their families?

Ironically sex is one thing the Thais do well.

Play to your strengths I say.

Oh, I should point out that there was a sex-trade long before the Yanks arrived for the American War in Vietnam, and Thais were well known for their licentious nature, even back in the 18th and 19th century.

:wai:

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

how come expat males who criticise women in their own country for being overweight and unattractive are more than likely to be unattractive and overweight themselves... ????

It's a strange paradox - I've been told on many occasions how hansum I am, yet my sister looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp...

Edited by lamyai3
Just kidding sis, ur lovely

25 minutes ago, brommers said:

I know. "Family tourism". They should go back to the honest monger crowd.

Not the first time this chap has behaved badly, it won't be the last. Nepotism means he won't ever be held to account.

The Thais chose well when they accepted the last coup; this is one of the inevitable results. I have no sympathy for them, they deserve every plague that befalls them. It isn't as though they have no track record of putting up with soldiers misbehaving themselves.

Just think of it this way: probably the only difference between one brother and the other is that one is more careful about getting caught and will never even try to explain his hideous wealth.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1