RIP Pattaya

Silent Tiger

On 4/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, Don Mega said:

Pattaya is fantastic now... No smelly tourists from the UK/Russia/Europe/ETC ETC  and no hordes of chines in tourist busses.

hopefully it moves forward and never returns to  time gone by.

Are you Thai? Because you included all the nationalities I guess. Well we have a saying that when a cat can not reach the meat he will say pif pif I don't like the meat. Now you say you don't want foreigners back because you know not many will come back. I remember 10 years back how wonderful Pattaya and people been. But gradually everything changes by some Thai people beating up foreigners for stupid reason, misuse of foreigners by many girls (not all) and of course strong Bath. I read in news few days back that Thailand has 38 million work force and now 10 million are without job while before Corona there was zero unemployment. Before Thai people go to gold shop to buy gold and now they go to sell the gold. Do you know the rental of a place in Walking street? A small place cost almost 100 000 Bath a month. What do you think will happen to them when they ultimately open if they can open at all after all the losses. Well I really hope things get back to how it was 10 years a go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveB2 said:

Pattaya - thoughts come to mind....

It's like stumbling across a recently deceased torture victim killed by asphyxia.  A 'Plastic bag over the head' job. 

Pattaya has had its essential breathing air 'Tourism' taken away from it and has quickly died.

A quick check for vital signs reveal No heartbeat, no breathing. Pupils fixed and dilated.

However, the death has just occurred - there is a short window of opportunity of around 2-5 minutes where life can be restarted in a human being without permanent brain damage. A good first aider trained in AED use and BLS will stand a good chance of bringing the previously healthy patient back to life. 

The same goes for Pattaya - the death just occurred. There's a short window of opportunity of around 2-6 months where business life can be restarted without permanent damage to the existing economy and mass closures in the tourism service industry. ????

Same same for just about every tourist destination that relies heavily on foreign tourists arriving by plane. 

2 hours ago, spoon1967 said:

A lot of posts claiming Pattaya won't be the same and that tourists have been ripped off for years? 

Great hotels for around 1000 B or less (DHotel and example), food is very cheap if you shop at the right places, 10 baht for a ride on the 'baht bus', beers still around  45 baht all along new Plaza, Soi Bukhoew, etc, female company still 2000 baht LT, full body massage 300 baht, taxi to BKK 1000 baht, clothes, shoes all cheap, pharmacies not expensive, 7/11 etc all cheap, obviously the exchange not as good as it was 10 years ago, but you can still have great cheap holiday compared with getting the same services in Europe etc. 

If you're getting ripped off, you're allowing it.

Pattaya will be back to normal.

Spot on. That's why many of us can't wait to get back. Pattaya is the purest market economy in the world. If you know your way about you can live very cheaply.

The people who seem to complain are totally destitute and wish it on the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course it will change. 2,000 bars will close for good (far too many anyway.

The good, well run ones will survive, prices for beer will go up, (No more 55Bht happy hours)

& the ladies pants will still keep coming down albiet for more money.

But I am talking maybe 1st October at the earliest

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

The good, well run ones will survive, prices for beer will go up, (No more 55Bht happy hours)

which 1st October, surely not this year? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Tourism has been going down in pattaya for the last couple of years with the low season in2019 being one of the worst in 20 years,why are things going to alter when IF we do get over this virus ,the world will be in recession?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrfaroukh said:

Are you Thai? Because you included all the nationalities I guess. Well we have a saying that when a cat can not reach the meat he will say pif pif I don't like the meat. Now you say you don't want foreigners back because you know not many will come back. I remember 10 years back how wonderful Pattaya and people been. But gradually everything changes by some Thai people beating up foreigners for stupid reason, misuse of foreigners by many girls (not all) and of course strong Bath. I read in news few days back that Thailand has 38 million work force and now 10 million are without job while before Corona there was zero unemployment. Before Thai people go to gold shop to buy gold and now they go to sell the gold. Do you know the rental of a place in Walking street? A small place cost almost 100 000 Bath a month. What do you think will happen to them when they ultimately open if they can open at all after all the losses. Well I really hope things get back to how it was 10 years a go.

Hes a Grease Monkey or Welder 

1 minute ago, Ron jeremy said:

A few pages ago u told us the gogos are at their best ever, now after I questioned u , it's 60 percent rubbish???

You can't read properly, try to improve your comprehension. I'll repeat it for you, many gogos are rubbish, but some are very good, it's about finding ones you like

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can't read properly, try to improve your comprehension. I'll repeat it for you, many gogos are rubbish, but some are very good, it's about finding ones you like

And I'll ask u again, have u ever been to pattaya?

its only after several questioned u on your saying gogos are at their best ever, now u r backtracking. 

from the best ever, now its vast majority are rubbish.

so which is it?

Edited by Ron jeremy

Yes essentially I think international travel is off the books for a while. Pattaya will redevelop for Chinese and thai people with maybe 1 road if that as a red light district. Thailand do not need and are really  not interested in white tourists, they have made that abundantly clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bustit997 said:

The pandemic is already showing signs of ending

In what way?

Have any borders opened?

Are they allowing sale of alcohol?

Aircraft flying, restaurants/bars opening, football matches, cinemas open, shopping malls open?

No, everything is still closed, and Immigration have just extended the VISA amnesty for another three months.

Nothing is showing any signs of ending, if anything it's looking worse.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pmk1000 said:

Thailand do not need and are really  not interested in white tourists, they have made that abundantly clear. 

Too true,and once they,'ve destroyed the farang tourist industry perhaps they,'ll start on the ex pats who decided to make Thailand their home.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, anto said:

I agree that Pattaya is now a new cleaned up City ,because of this Wuhan Chinese virus .One can now walk down Soi 6 ,without that rotten fishy smell .Less cats calls all round to the sound  of >come inside you handsome devil < .

That rotten fishy smell was eliminated by the authorities last year.

At the same time all bar girls and hostesses sitting outside their bars were told keep their legs closed at all times. And especially in the early afternoon when the noon day temperature is at its hottest.

Edited by yogi100

I visited pattaya twice last year. So it was dead to me even before the virus. Vietnam and philippines now get my patronage.

But as malaysia has just extended the lockdown to 12 may then im not going anywhere for a while. But if it opens on 12 may it will be about 8 weeks of not allowed to do anything so will be heading away for a big one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

And I'll ask u again, have u ever been to pattaya?

its only after several questioned u on your saying gogos are at their best ever, now u r backtracking. 

from the best ever, now its vast majority are rubbish.

so which is it?

He means the best ones are even better than normal. Isn't that obvious?

He's right about most being rubbish. Just the awful noise the DJs like put me off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I visited pattaya twice last year. So it was dead to me even before the virus. Vietnam and philippines now get my patronage.

Me too ..... but I dumped the Philippines a couple of years back, now I do Vietnam and Cambodia.

Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are great party towns and the 50c/75c beers don't hurt either..

• Thanks 2

Pattaya will die as a mongers' destination, never to return

Not as a resort though

Reasons for death

#1  Younger generations of men are NOT into  mongering

#2   Thailand is facing a demographic implosion

Notice the age (and fugliness) of the pros in Pattaya

#3 Increased prosperity

#4 The few that will be flogging it, will be doing it thru phone apps ,no  need to have intermediaries (bar owners etc)

This post was nonsense. 
#1  Younger generations of men are NOT into  mongering.

Young guys age, you know, it's an odd thing but it happens to all of us...as long as Westen women continue to treat sex as a tool of control over men, the annual exodus of blokes heading to Pattaya to 'monger' will continue, if not increase, 

#2   Thailand is facing a demographic implosion

Notice the age (and fugliness) of the pros in Pattaya

New, 'pros' are born each year, another odd quirk of nature. they also come in a range of looks and levels of attractiveness. 
#3 Increased prosperity
Absolutely, with all that cash floating around, economics dictate the needy ''pros' weill still flood to where they can get their mitts on a bundles of the stuff...

#4 The few that will be flogging it, will be doing it thru phone apps ,no  need to have intermediaries (bar owners etc) Where do you think most of this interaction will occur? let me tell you, in places, where a few drinks can be had possibly?