Mail from Abroad

RxDan

I am waiting for three packages, all three that were shipped over a month ago. Two of them have not moved out of the states (according to the USPS tracker) in the past three weeks, while the third left Bangkok three weeks ago, obviously by Water buffalo, and is not here yet.

2 hours ago, RxDan said:

Is Thailand allowing incoming mail from abroad?

Incoming mail seems to work.

There were reports in the forum receiving (letter) mail from European countries.

I myself received a letter from a German office on April 16, letter dated March 22.

I placed an order with Iherb on Feb 18 and it arrived on April 7.  I consider myself lucky that the order actually arrived.  I can’t imagine what the delivery time must be know?  Hopefully my current supply of supplements lasts long enough for air travel to somewhat resume to a normal level(famous last words “Normal Level”?).  

14 hours ago, jij said:

I ordered items from the states from two different companies and one would ship and the other would not. iHerb.com was the one who would not ship.

iherb.com won't ship to you by courier from their warehouse in China but they will ship to you by post from the USA. However the current delivery time is about 45 days. We have placed 2 orders in the last 10-14 days.

15 hours ago, jij said:

I ordered items from the states from two different companies and one would ship and the other would not. iHerb.com was the one who would not ship.

I've got a package that iHerb shipped without problem, but that package made to Compton, CA and according to DHL, was sealed in a container, and it hasn't moved since April 7.

I'm not too hopeful that I'm going to see that package anytime soon.  And no more ordering from iHerb until the package shows up.  I ain't holding my breath. 

It all depends on which country the post is being sent from.  I've received 3 packages from Hungary in the last 3-4 weeks. Each time, they arrived in about 8 days. Another package from Italy shows it left the country 24 days ago (2 days after posting) but no further tracking updates. 2 packages from China post EMS have not even left China in 14 days. 

Edited by elektrified

CORRECTION: I just noticed that I was over the weight limit at iHerb.coom and that was the reason they would not ship.

ordered items from the states from two different companies and one would ship and the other would not. iHerb.com was the one who would not ship.

• Sad 1

On 4/22/2020 at 8:45 AM, Brightly said:

Yes.

I am waiting on a small A4 sized package from Austria . According to Austria Posts website mail should still be coming in to Thailand. This includes their EMS service. What is Thai Posts policy now, re deliveries from Europe? I cant seem to get a straight answer.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarse said:

I am waiting on a small A4 sized package from Austria . According to Austria Posts website mail should still be coming in to Thailand. This includes their EMS service. What is Thai Posts policy now, re deliveries from Europe? I cant seem to get a straight answer.

I received 3 packages from Hungary in the last 30 days, no problem. Took 8 days each to get here. Post sent from Italy and the Czech Republic, however is now approaching the 30-day point with no movement on the tracking since the items left Europe.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is not an issue of Thailand allowing. It is an issue of lack of planes. Airmail from most countries has been disrupted.

Do you suppose that's why my package left Bangkok four weeks ago, and still hasn't arrived?

I think the water buffalo carrying it must have taken a wrong turn.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Do you suppose that's why my package left Bangkok four weeks ago, and still hasn't arrived?

Let us know if you get it.  Or when you write it off. ????

3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes. May have been sent surface mail or else is piled up at Swampy.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes. May have been sent surface mail or else is piled up at Swampy.

Even surface mail makes little sense. 

I've walked that distance almost as fast with 50lbs on my back hiking the Appalachian Trail.

I'd like to think a Thai mail truck can move faster.