Rules regarding the 800 K after 90 days

By the end of next week, on the same day, I have to do my 90 day report and show that I have kept the 800 K on my bank account during these same 90 days.

For the 90 day report, the rules allow to do it sometime between 14 days before and 7 days after the due date.

But what about showing the 800 K?

Do the same calendar rules apply, or is there less flexibility, or not at all?

The showing of 800k is for a minimum of 90 days.....you can go back 6 months later to report it providing there is the evidence that it remained intact for the said period....you must also provide a copy of your passport/visa details and copy of updated bank book and bank detail page......I did my retirement extension yesterday at Jomtien Immigration as was given a form outlining these details which required my signature....other Immigration offices may differ.....T.I.T.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

But what about showing the 800 K?

I would say that is a fixed date. But there are no written rules that require you bank balance be checked after you applied for your extension so there may be some flexibility allowed by your local office.

At this time 90 day reports are suspended until July 31st so it don't want to do one you can skip it.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time 90 day reports are suspended until July 31st so it don't want to do one you can skip it.

So this would mean I am due for reporting about 31st of July in Korat? Might save a trip from Pak Chong, because I have to go to Korat anyway. ????

20200423_073630.jpg

7 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

So this would mean I am due for reporting about 31st of July in Korat? Might save a trip from Pak Chong, because I have to go to Korat anyway. ????

They will set a date or dates when reports are due by. Wait to see when they are due.

I did my retirement extension back in mid-December. I was told to come back with updated bank passbook plus copies of passport 3 months later, but they didn't give me any paperwork, even though I asked for it. It was due around 20th March, and looking at the queues of people at Jomtien Immigration there was no way I was going to do it then. With free visas and no 90-days, I'm assuming Immigration has become a lot quieter, so I might pop along in the next week and hand in the copies they want. I'm hoping I might just be able to give an envelope to the person on reception and ask them to give it to the guy on Desk 8.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

I did my retirement extension back in mid-December. I was told to come back with updated bank passbook plus copies of passport 3 months later, but they didn't give me any paperwork, even though I asked for it. It was due around 20th March, and looking at the queues of people at Jomtien Immigration there was no way I was going to do it then. With free visas and no 90-days, I'm assuming Immigration has become a lot quieter, so I might pop along in the next week and hand in the copies they want. I'm hoping I might just be able to give an envelope to the person on reception and ask them to give it to the guy on Desk 8.

Nope you will have to go to desk 8 and produce the paperwork yourself....as I stated above I was given a notification which I had to sign to return on 18th July (my retirement ex was done tues afternoon this week)  and show my updated bank book balance and copy of first page (acc. details) plus passport details and visa details....4 pages in total.....:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

20200423_073630.jpg

Anyone can still do the 90 days reports if they want,online or in person. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Guderian said:

No one at Jomtien Immigration will care about the 90 days check because of the current situation. They can always ask for a 12 months bank statement when applying for next 1 year extension. Don't worry so much. 

I did my first 90 day report in early March, I wasn't sure what copies & bank proof I needed so went & asked at immigration, they looked at my passport & gave me another 90 days & didn't ask for any proof or copies.

Suppose it depends what immigration office you are attending as requirements differ.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:28 AM, petermik said:

I did my retirement extension yesterday at Jomtien Immigration as was given a form outlining these details which required my signature....other Immigration offices may differ.....T.I.T.   :thumbsup:

I did mine last week and was given no such form, though I was last year. I guess Jomtien differs according to . . . oh, whatever. TIT.

Isnt the amnesty announced that zilch is required by anyone until the 31st July, total nonsense package is on hold for three months for everyone no need to go to immigration.

Have i misunderstood this.?

Maybe its the girls in tight uniforms thats making some guys still want to go to their immigration office.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Isnt the amnesty announced that zilch is required by anyone until the 31st July, total nonsense package is on hold for three months for everyone no need to go to immigration.

Yes......:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

No one at Jomtien Immigration will care about the 90 days check because of the current situation. They can always ask for a 12 months bank statement when applying for next 1 year extension. Don't worry so much. 

Jomtien Immigration was virtually empty the past couple of days........:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Adiudon said:

I did my first 90 day report in early March, I wasn't sure what copies & bank proof I needed so went & asked at immigration, they looked at my passport & gave me another 90 days & didn't ask for any proof or copies.

Suppose it depends what immigration office you are attending as requirements differ.

90 day report does not require any bank passbook checks.......:thumbsup:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sapson said:

Maybe its the girls in tight uniforms thats making some guys still want to go to their immigration office.

Nope its the fact IO is MT you can do a 90 day in 2 minutes, the alternative is Aug 1st or whenever and Q with 100s all playing catch up, then again if we are all good and give no problems they may well see sense and bin this total waste of everybody's time inc IO, just a simple declaration to advice any change of address within 7 days during your permitted stay would give the same security.

So I did my annual retirement extension February..not given any form to return in 90 days.90 days up on May 11th.Do I go to Jomtien with updated bank book and passport or just let it go till 2021?

15 minutes ago, Almer said:

is MT you can do a 90 day in 2 minutes

But their is absolutely no need to do a 90 day report for the next 3 months and after that it will probably be the following 90 days when they begin again.

The whole amnesty is to keep people out of immigration offices, no one expects you to run off there to show them 800k in a bank what an earth for? 

its all on hold for 3 months thats the whole idea.!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chang50 said:

So I did my annual retirement extension February..not given any form to return in 90 days.90 days up on May 11th.Do I go to Jomtien with updated bank book and passport or just let it go till 2021?

Providing the 800 k remains intact for 90 days there is no need....next year will do....my 90 days happens to come a couple of days before my normal 90 day report (20th July) so I will do both at the same time :thumbsup:

I used the iphone app to effect my 90 day report yesterday and I got a email back from immigration stating" Notification 90 days is approved.  You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th."

I have clicked this and explored the website but nowhere can I determine where to get the confirmation. Is anyone able to help me?

1 hour ago, snowybob said:

I have clicked this and explored the website but nowhere can I determine where to get the confirmation. Is anyone able to help me?

Go to this page on the online reporting site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

Click the green button to check the status of your application.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Providing the 800 k remains intact for 90 days there is no need....next year will do....my 90 days happens to come a couple of days before my normal 90 day report (20th July) so I will do both at the same time :thumbsup:

Why do you say no need. The most rogue imm office in the land (Jomtien) hands out an exact 90 day return date to show 800k.

There are 78+ imm office. Jomtien along with couple of others require this nonsense.

Has zero to do with 90 day report.