Thai govt and Immigration confirm second visa amnesty - no need to do 90 day reports or extend visas

6 minutes ago, john west said:

Awaiting further confirmation that I indeed can report for my 90 days as very likely in the first week of May  will actually pass my local Immigration office and getting essential food and other issues, like collecting new school books.
Yes, seen the order this but they are running the risk of huge crowds in the future and how exactly are they going to notify us in any case?

There will be no big crowds. When they decide that ministerial notice is not going to be extended again immigration will make a announcement about when the 90 day reporting will be due. It could be based upon the month your report was do or 90 days from when it was due. The certainly will not want everybody trying to show up on the same day.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There will be no big crowds. When they decide that ministerial notice is not going to be extended again immigration will make a announcement about when the 90 day reporting will be due. It could be based upon the month your report was do or 90 days from when it was due. The certainly will not want everybody trying to show up on the same day.

Ubonjoe sounds reasonable but will they and I will confirm when done my 90 day and yes notice from 1st May and can't one go in any case if say 90 day reporting due 11th May.
Will confirm if and when I do in May.
Cheers for info.
What is surprising in that every year we have to supply the same papers and are all our reports on computer??/ Just asking!!!

Edited by john west
adding

Hey guys i have a non imm O visa(the one with the sticker visa). I entered just before the day visa expires, so the stamp shows i am allowed to stay till may 5th(90 days).

In march i flew out of thai and did a re entry permit  which also shows i can stay up to 5th may. So currently i am in thai, am I able to stay till 31 july or do i need to get out of thai on 5th may and apply for my non imm O? Thanks guys

5 minutes ago, ahjames said:

Hey guys i have a non imm O visa(the one with the sticker visa). I entered just before the day visa expires, so the stamp shows i am allowed to stay till may 5th(90 days).

In march i flew out of thai and did a re entry permit  which also shows i can stay up to 5th may. So currently i am in thai, am I able to stay till 31 july or do i need to get out of thai on 5th may and apply for my non imm O? Thanks guys

Can stay till July 31

27 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

We have contacted the nonthaburi immD and confirmed that for 90 day reporting(spouse visa ),we can report as usual and they explained the announcement is regarding 90 days reporting (tourist visa).

Just the incorrect opinion of one immigration officer. There is nothing to support what they stated.

18 hours ago, wilkis333 said:

We have contacted the nonthaburi immD and confirmed that for 90 day reporting(spouse visa ),we can report as usual and they explained the announcement is regarding 90 days reporting (tourist visa).

Yes have heard this and awiting my local Immigration to get back to me.
If someone actually goes past the offices while doing other essential things like food shopping and indeed collecting new school books then logical to do 3 things at once and especially when they have the liquid and soap on hand.

Edited by john west
spelling

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just the incorrect opinion of one immigration officer. There is nothing to support what they stated.

Ubonjoe And as you know on other matters various offices say different and interpretate differently. Each to their own and will be going in if possible in the first week of May and awaiting confirmation.

Edited by john west
adding

9 minutes ago, john west said:

Ubonjoe And as you know on other matters various offices say different and interpretate differently. Each to their own and will be going in if possible in the first week of May and awaiting confirmation.

You can report if you want to but it is certainly not mandatory you do them.

The intent of the the ministerial notice was to reduce the number of people going going to immigration offices and to reduce the risk of people being exposed to the virus.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can report if you want to but it is certainly not mandatory you do them.

The intent of the the ministerial notice was to reduce the number of people going going to immigration offices and to reduce the risk of people being exposed to the virus.

I would go a step further and say that the 'amnesty' to 31 July was a clear indication from the authorities that they did not want people turning up at immigration offices (except for extensions).

I hope they have the courage to turn these selfish people away....... it is not about them (or trying to avoid any perceived rush after 31 May - it is about Covid-19 protection.

• Haha 2

On 4/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, Maestro said:

This one is different because also in the Thai text, immigration calls it visa (วีซ่า)

I went to my local immigration to see about extending my permission to stay yesterday.

They said, "No need. Free visa for all foreigner until July 31."

I think it is just the way they speak English. Basically we all have permission to stay until July 31 regardless.

By the way the visa I entered Thailand on expired back in 2015. I have been on back to back extensions of stay since.

I think some of us get hung up on the terminology in English more than the immigration officers themselves.

I can't understand why some people are so inured to continually report their location to the government that they still have to do it, even after the Cabinet, Immigration and even the legendary ubonjoe have stated it is not necessary until further notice.

• Haha 1

As I do it always on line, I will continue to do so.

Next one is 1/2 June, 

I hope they will not tell me I have to go in person sometime after 31 July.

If some time on line after 31 July fair enough.

Will see.

46 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

It has been 17 pages, so can please anyone tell me if this somehow extends re-entry permits/visas when outside Thailand?

No it does not. It is only for those that are in the country.

46 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

By the way, next time admins could post a FAQ in first post to avoid 17 pages of the same questions

It would do no good since people would not read it and still do a post.

• Haha 1

All posts involving interaction with Immigration should refer to the specific office.  Although there is an unusual and admirable consistency in the interpretation of different offices of the government's 2d visa amnesty, they might not be completely consistent.  And, of course, speculation about a matter like this is NOT helpful!

Edited by Mapguy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Read through this thread and some thai visa fb page and I am still not clear in my particular case. 

I have a single entry education visa and I have already completed the 3rd and final extension and it expires on June 18th. My previous extension was due to expire on April 7th and I went to immigration on March 26th to complete my final extension and completed my 90 day report on this date too.

Since I've already completed all available extensions for my education visa, am I still allowed to stay until July 31st? 

I've read a few reports that I must go back to immigration in person and cancel my last extension to be covered by the amnesty. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

8 minutes ago, gringoman said:

Since I've already completed all available extensions for my education visa, am I still allowed to stay until July 31st? 

Yes 

8 minutes ago, gringoman said:

I've read a few reports that I must go back to immigration in person and cancel my last extension to be covered by the amnesty. 

Not needed since you cannot extend your stay.

35 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

I have one year extension based on marriage. Do i need submit documents for next sequently extension? I see that just visas extension mentioned on the notice board.

Whenever your extension is due, then yes you must submit all the same documents as your first application. But there are possibly extra documents required also, so best to check at your Imm office first.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes 

Not needed since you cannot extend your stay.

Thank you very much, I was worried I would get to the airport in July and be informed I overstayed over a month and face a fine and a ban on returning back to Thailand. 

8 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

I have one year extension based on marriage. Do i need submit documents for next sequently extension? I see that just visas extension mentioned on the notice board.

You need to apply for your extension before it expires.

You would be covered under the ministerial notice if you did not it but there is no certainty you could apply for a new extension when it ends without a problem. You might have to start all over again. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Apply for your next extension as per normal prior to you expiry of current permission of stay date. 

Actually a good time to apply as imm offices less busy than normal. Esp CW.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I think I qualify for the amnesty but I'm not entirely sure.

I was on non-o multiple entry based on marriage. My visa expired on March 23rd and I couldn't do my last 90 day entry as borders shut down. My last stamp ran until April 13th and I went to Korat immigration to do a 60 day extension valid until June 12th.

Am I good until July 31st? Do I need to go to the immigration bureau?

Thanks for the help!

I don't want to clutter the forum so posting here. Pretty much same post as kapao above me except I have done no extensions.

I'm on a non O marriage visa (not extension). Expired earlier this month and my leave date is stamped as early next month.

I assume I am good until the end of July also? Don't do anything and they sort it out at the airport when leaving?? Thanks