Harsh Truth

jayboy

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Be nice if some just come out and admit that they think the economy is more important than life.

i read somewhere on this site a few days ago that there will be approx 200k children die as a direct result of the economic impact. 

i say we lock down poverty. 

53 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The Who recommend keeping the lockdowns until a vaccines arrives:

"Lockdown measures have proved effective, and people must be ready for a new way of living to allow society to function while the coronavirus is being kept in check, said Takeshi Kasai, WHO Regional Director for the Western Pacific.

We must adapt our lives and health systems along with the epidemic, Kasai told an online press conference.

“At least until a vaccine, or a very effective treatment, is found, this process will need to become our new normal.”"

WHO is not actually saying there should be lockdowns until a vaccine. It's basically saying that testing, social distancing, hand sanitizing, face masks etc should be continued and lifting of restrictions must be gradual. For example, bars, clubs, events, tourists last. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, garygooner said:

WHO is not actually saying there should be lockdowns until a vaccine. It's basically saying that testing, social distancing, hand sanitizing, face masks etc should be continued and lifting of restrictions must be gradual. For example, bars, clubs, events, tourists last. 

obviously. any country that maintained a lockdown until a vaccine arrived would be economic toast

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, garygooner said:

tourists last

A collective ouch from Thailand. Probably they'll (WHO?) divide the world into red and green zones. And green people can travel freely. This system actually exists already. I believe you need leprosy (or yellow fever?) clear certification for travelers from some hotspots.

I thought I read somewhere hospitality is 10% of the global economy. That's hotels and airlines which employ millions. They'll figure out a way to get them going again.

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

The 100% truth is we all going to die! Some sooner some later! Buddhish way you can even born again human! When read some people comment here i really don't want be any of them in "next" life! Selfish man/woman who only see own belly buttom!

100% truth.

Nobody gets out of this life , alive..

30 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Who should decide what life is worth more than another. Very sad when humans put money ahead of life.

Life is generally survival of the fittest and SARS CoV2 is showing that some unhealthy people will die of this virus. Without economies there is no money for healthcare and there are very little excuses for being obese.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't spend most of your money on the army and on tax relieves for billionaires and you would be able to support the people who lost their jobs

Well said, but i'm sure you know very well that it's not going to happen.

38 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i read somewhere on this site a few days ago that there will be approx 200k children die as a direct result of the economic impact. 

An almost impossible number to calculate, be as sceptical of that as somebody who tells you this virus will kill 500 million.

It is completely counterintuitive but research seems to suggest that mortality rates actually go down during economic depressions. I don't quite believe it myself but the research is out there.

47 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i say we lock down poverty. 

I read on this site somewhere that 5G causes cancer.  Is that true too?  

2 hours ago, Antonymous said:

That is so true.

Influenza and pneumonia were the #2 cause of death in Thailand and #3 cause of death in the whole world before WuFlu.

I posted this in another thread just now:

Causes of DEATH

WORLD

1. Coronary heart disease

2. Stroke

3. Influenza and pneumonia

4. LUNG DISEASES

5. LUNG CANCER

THAILAND

1. Coronary heart disease

2. Influenza and pneumonia

3. Stroke

4. Kidney Disease

5. Diabetes

Source: https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/world-rankings-total-deaths#WORLD RANKINGS

I don't see poverty in there.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Excellent article , Thank you for sharing. Buying time to prepare is the key.

I hope we learned an expensive yet valuable lesson and come up the other side stronger. 

Like it or not it is a global economy, we need to develop a global system for reacting to an inevitable recurrence. No need to be duplicating efforts, let's coordinate. 

There is a country in Europe who took the advice of the article. Greece in 2019 received 27.2 million international visitors, and an influx of refugees it was poised for a disaster.   and after Italy has the oldest population in Europe. but with in a week of the first case, they shut the whole country down, greek citizens strictly adhered to the lockdown,  feverishly the authorities worked to shore up their strangling from  their economic austerity, health system and develop an extensive online system overnight.  

The results , only 2,245 confirmed cases and 116 deaths as of April 21. by far The lowest per million incidents in Europe, 

image.png.b5daec852183d494a1895f8055993b35.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-10/greece-handled-coronavirus-crisis-better-than-italy-and-spain

image.png

Lol, the "Greek Anomaly" wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Greece's health system is crumbling, has no resources and can't do any testing?

Also, news just in Zimbabwe and Cambodia doing fantastically well. Really low numbers.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Lol, the "Greek Anomaly" wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Greece's health system is crumbling, has no resources and can't do any testing?

Also, news just in Zimbabwe and Cambodia doing fantastically well. Really low numbers.

If that was the case they would have a lot more deaths. 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Nobody on earth is testing to the extent that they need to because, quite frankly, there aren't enough test kits available.  Not one country.  

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

Nobody on earth is testing to the extent that they need to because, quite frankly, there aren't enough test kits available.  Not one country.  

One country.

A coronavirus test for anyone? In Iceland, it’s possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/02/free-coronavirus-test-anyone-this-country-its-possible/

5 hours ago, jadee said:

An even harsher truth is that all of the first paragraph applies to numerous other viruses - especially the common flu (influenza) and infections caused by viruses like pneumonia - people mix, people get sick and people die. That's life. Most people never paid much attention to it before. But now they do.

It has more than once crossed my mind that this is the first Social Media Virus

Tracked daily all over the world with hand wringing for each death .....That in itself will also kill people from sheer stress

11 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I understand that they are not testing,no one is testing as much as they need too,  but the test for death is pretty simple. They don't move for a few days , they are either dead or my daughter LOL. 

8 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

That is confirmed postive tests, millions more are not tested that have mild symptoms. If you do some research you will find this out.

40 million infected..0.5%.havnt read that anywhere

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

We've seen the difficulty in reporting deaths accurately even in a place with resources like the UK.

Germany even said that they didn't test dead people, only those alive, for the virus, though that will change now.

As is well known people who have Covid19 can die of many causes, pneumonia or organ failure. 

I would be willing to bet several houses on the fact that deaths in Greece that are Covid19 related are not accurately recorded as such.

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

I would be willing to bet several houses on the fact that deaths in Greece that are Covid19 related are not accurately recorded as such.

As you say deaths everywhere are likely being underreported. People will die in care homes and houses with no test. It is difficult to imagine massive under reporting in a country like Greece though. The media coverage now means that almost every family will know that a fever with a dry cough, leading to breathing difficulties will likely be the virus and most people with these symptoms will go to hospital. Could hundreds of deaths be missed. Perhaps. Could 1000s? I doubt it.