15 new Covid-19 cases close to Thursday's lowest number in a month

webfact

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Let's hope the government never does get straight with us, or we'll have a boring time in isolation with nothing to do ????

So you are in isolation, maybe that explains everything. No requirement to be in isolation in Thailand as far as I know.

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

The Pattaya News says this (I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to the article so I won't, it's easy to find if you want to read it yourself):

"Of the new cases, the majority were very close contacts, such as live in family members, of previous confirmed cases."

And that brings me back to yesterday's moan, that there's no proactive testing of groups of underprivileged people living in cramped and crowded conditions, such as poor Thai people and immigrant workers. Buddha forbid, but refusing to find out what might be circulating in these populations is just inviting a second wave. Singapore admits that it made this mistake, it wouldn't take that much money or effort for the Thai government to try and avoid it. If a second wave does happen here, we're all going to be very sorry about it.

(Actually, maybe that should be a third wave rather than a second one, as it seems Thailand has already had two waves!)

Do you not think by now those groups would have shown up we are talking a month now under the slack lock down. The people who went to isaan should have shown up by now. A friend who was in that group went back and has been off lock down nearly 2 weeks enough time for illness to show up.

38 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

The coronavirus is no more deadly than the flu. The lockdowns are reducing the immune systems of people. 

I could not agree more. Since they shut down the gyms and had to stay mostly home under lockdown (Europe), I've gained 4 kilos. I am taking measures currently to get back on track.

Obesity is actually a risk factor.

I can also state that I had some flu & caugh that went away, not too sure what that was all about, nor will I ever find out.

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

Again, mass testing isn't necesary at this time - only 2-3% of tests are positive. My waste money on testing random people for the virus. When a reiable antibody test is developed, that would be more useful. Yesterdey NY reported around 10% of 3000 people randomly tested for the virus had antibodies, though it seems unclear how reliable this antibody test is. 

That makes sense. The only thing to consider is the virus spread. It is spread over a very wide area. It had to get to all those regions somehow and I think it would be difficult to swallow that these are all individuals that travelled from a boxing match for example. It's a nice low number and I hope that it's correct for the sake of you all, however looking at how infectious and rampant it is here in the UK I suspect it is hidden in Thailand and probably running through the villages and rural areas. Whatever the situation it cannot be hidden forever so I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

The coronavirus is no more deadly than the flu. 

At this point, now that information is starting to come in and the large count of asymptomatic people who were infected without knowing it is seeing daylight, I think I'll slowly steer towards the same conclusion. But I'd like to see widespread antibody testing before setting my mind on anything.

Of course the information we have now was not available just a few weeks ago. The lockdowns and other measures were prudent and should there be a nasty mutation or further changes in information towards the grimmer side, at least there's now a procedure to get them in place quicker.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

This is essential viewing. Press conference where doctors go over the results of their research. The coronavirus is no more deadly than the flu. The lockdowns are reducing the immune systems of people. 

Thanks for the posting this video.Hopefully soon the sensationalism surrounding this outbreak will be seen for what it really is and this outbreak will be seen as a normal event and the cure is worse than the disease.Beware the cure. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

At this point, now that information is starting to come in and the large count of asymptomatic people who were infected without knowing it is seeing daylight, I think I'll slowly steer towards the same conclusion. But I'd like to see widespread antibody testing before setting my mind on anything.

Of course the information we have now was not available just a few weeks ago. The lockdowns and other measures were prudent and should there be a nasty mutation or further changes in information towards the grimmer side, at least there's now a procedure to get them in place quicker.

it seems my post was deleted perhaps in error as it was on topic 

Dr Campbell does daily updates on CV-19 and a considerable amount of research - his presentation yesterday discusses the results of a random study carried out in New York and the results are very interesting - just do a google search for Dr. John Campbell 

another point of interest for those with Hypertension (high blood pressure) and on certain types of drugs is quite interesting also - this is worth a read 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-conoravirus-blood-pressure-ins/blood-pressure-drugs-are-in-the-crosshairs-of-covid-19-research-idUSKCN2251GQ

Edited by smedly

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

Dr Campbell does daily updates on CV-19 and a considerable amount of research - his presentation yesterday discusses the results of a random study carried out in New York and the results are very interesting - just do a google search for Dr. John Campbell 

another point of interest for those with Hypertension (high blood pressure) and on certain types of drugs is quite interesting also - this is worth a read 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-conoravirus-blood-pressure-ins/blood-pressure-drugs-are-in-the-crosshairs-of-covid-19-research-idUSKCN2251GQ

I started watching his vids for a while but went off them as he seemed to be preaching for the lockdown scenario to much and how it's possible to stop the spread.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lkv said:

When is the last time you have seen hospital staff circulating on hallways with dead bodies before covid-19? 

Never, I would have thought so. You can assume they move bodies in a discreet way, not parading them in front of hospital visitors.

If you are going to quote text in isolation

"What is important is reality and I saw that this morning in the hospital."

address the point in question.

We are all aware that "reality" is an alien concept to the Thai bashers.

20 hours ago, smedly said:

be very careful folks that live here - just because they ease lockdowns and produce these figures doesn't mean diddly squat  

I have to Agree 100%

Once they open up the Malls and the Bars etc... I for one will still be wearing a mask and will still be social distancing until a vaccine has been produced.

Don't forget, once those big birds start flying again the game of Russian Roulette begins - it's your life guys, so completely your choice.  

Vitamin D could have a stronger role in preventing this virus than previously thought. 

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-21211/v1

Background/Aims: WHO declared SARS-Cov-2 a global pandemic. The aims of this paper are to assess if there is any association between mean levels of vitamin D in various countries and cases respectively mortality caused by COVID-19.

Methods: We have identified the mean levels of vitamin D for 20 Europeans Countries for which we have also got the data regarding the morbidity and mortality caused by COVID-19.

Results: The mean level of vitamin D (average 56mmol/L, STDEV 10.61) in each country was strongly associated with the number of cases/1M (mean 295.95, STDEV 298.73 p=0.004, respectively with the mortality/1M (mean 5.96, STDEV 15.13, p < 0.00001).

Discussion: Vitamin D levels are severely low in the aging population especially in Spain, Italy and Switzerland. This is also the most vulnerable group of population for COVID-19.

Conclusions: We believe, that we can advise Vitamin D supplementation to protect against SARS-CoV2 infection.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaMonkey said:

Vitamin D could have a stronger role in preventing this virus than previously thought. 

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-21211/v1

Background/Aims: WHO declared SARS-Cov-2 a global pandemic. The aims of this paper are to assess if there is any association between mean levels of vitamin D in various countries and cases respectively mortality caused by COVID-19.

Methods: We have identified the mean levels of vitamin D for 20 Europeans Countries for which we have also got the data regarding the morbidity and mortality caused by COVID-19.

Results: The mean level of vitamin D (average 56mmol/L, STDEV 10.61) in each country was strongly associated with the number of cases/1M (mean 295.95, STDEV 298.73 p=0.004, respectively with the mortality/1M (mean 5.96, STDEV 15.13, p < 0.00001).

Discussion: Vitamin D levels are severely low in the aging population especially in Spain, Italy and Switzerland. This is also the most vulnerable group of population for COVID-19.

Conclusions: We believe, that we can advise Vitamin D supplementation to protect against SARS-CoV2 infection.”

And where do you get it for free? OUTSIDE in the sun!

6 hours ago, smedly said:

Thanks, I prefer written down articles so I can link to them and quote, podcasts, TV shows and other assorted talking heads should give a transcript.

Here's probably what it's about: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-23/new-york-finds-virus-marker-in-13-9-suggesting-wide-spread

39 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Thanks, I prefer written down articles so I can link to them and quote, podcasts, TV shows and other assorted talking heads should give a transcript.

Here's probably what it's about: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-23/new-york-finds-virus-marker-in-13-9-suggesting-wide-spread

Dr. John Campbell does a daily update on CV-19, he is a doctor and has most of the stuff nailed down - very good info