Coronavirus: Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

ravip

13 hours ago, Hooplehead said:

They said Pasteur was "a sandwich short of a picnic" too.

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/a-history-of-medicine/louis-pasteur/

Pasteur injected a young boy with the spinal fluid of a rabid rabbit, and the rest was history. If it turns out injecting chlorox into the lungs does work we'll all be left looking very stupid. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, dabhand said:

Whilst the Trump comments on the use of disinfectant rightly came in for immense ridicule I found a rebuttal statement from 'Researchers convened by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine' to be more worrying.

They were responding to the White House on the sunlight impact issue and noted 'Given that countries currently in 'summer'  climates, such as Australia and Iran, are experiencing rapid virus spread. a decrease in cases with increases in humidity and temperature should not be assumed.'

https://www.click2houston.com/news/politics/2020/04/24/trump-showcases-idea-heat-humidity-could-help-fight-virus/ 

Australia- rapid virus spread? Iran - currently in summer climate? WTH!!

What they fail to understand is that it has an incremental effect that other variables can easily negate.  

Yes Heat and Humidity let's say decreases the transmission of the virus by an X  factor but irresponsible behaviour increases it  by an X+ factor and transmission increases . Where in cooler countries you don't have the the Heat and Humidity, but you have responsible behaviour and the virus transmission decreases. 

Is it the Heat and Humidity that made the difference or the other behavioral and or viral  factors?

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Recently been reported trump's people are trying to convince him to no longer front the daily Covid briefing sessions and have Pence be the lead. Whether trump's ego will accept the harsh reality of his failure to lead the nation during the Covid crisis will be interesting. Could well be good for his polling numbers as for sure if he permits Pence to takeover the daily sessions a massive amount of spin will be applied to keep his base onside and try to convince other gullible members of the US voting public trump's the man.

An example of not so subtle press coverage of this matter...

White House sources told Axios that Trump may stop appearing at the podium every day, and that any appearances he does make will be much shorter.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/24/donald-trump-refuses-take-questions-covid-19-press-conference-inject-disinfectant-fiasco-12607560/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Yea I saw the same thing , his last press conference was very short and he took no questions. 

IMO the damage is done. I am sure Clips of this and other guffs , so many that it is hard to keep track of, will be played over and over again during the general election. combine this with the trump fatigue that I know I am feeling and I am sure most people must, and I don't think he can recover from this. 

Mark my Words. I said this for Hillary and I am saying the same for trump . By now he has so much baggage , in the generall he will be placed in the defencive and will nit be able to get out. The moment he gets out of one they will hit him with another.

Watch his establishment support go running for the hills  as soon as it becomes apparent which should had already started.

But i guess it is hard to change horse midstream. 

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

From a Trump visit to the CDC in March 2020:
Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this? ' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.
(My bolding and underlining.)

3 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

It was probably sarcasm.

Lol - except that in the CDC visit he was bragging about himself. He didn't get as much negative press about that so he didn't need to go back and blame his comments on something (or someone) else.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yea I saw the same thing , his last press conference was very short and he took no questions. 

IMO the damage is done. I am sure Clips of this and other guffs , so many that it is hard to keep track of, will be played over and over again during the general election. combine this with the trump fatigue that I know I am feeling and I am sure most people must, and I don't think he can recover from this. 

Mark my Words. I said this for Hillary and I am saying the same for trump . By now he has so much baggage , in the generall he will be placed in the defencive and will nit be able to get out. The moment he gets out of one they will hit him with another.

Watch his establishment support go running for the hills  as soon as it becomes apparent which should had already started.

But i guess it is hard to change horse midstream. 

Hope you're correct

On 4/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, saakura said:

And tens of millions of Americans support him, what is your opinion about them?

Well, its not their fault. I'm being serious when I say that if you are brought up to behave a certain way, you think its the norm. You may not understand but remember the guy who hung the US flag on Saddam's statue? He clearly thought that was OK whilst the rest of the world cringed. Its about how you behave and how you feel about your fellow man.

10 hours ago, Why Me said:

Here's Dr. Birx's reaction in case, you want to see what a person looks like when they're trying to sink into the ground and disappear

Poor woman clearly wanted to say far more but people who oppose Trump have a habit of losing their job.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

such a shame his briefings are so much reality-teevee garbage, WWF-style self-promotion, and paid commercial advertorials.

I happen to enjoy them and find them interesting and amusing at the same time.  I hope The Donald's re-elected.

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, saakura said:

And tens of millions of Americans support him, what is your opinion about them?

guess. please just have a guess about my opinion. then guess about the rest of the worlds opinion. then read the media' opinion, local and world. USA is so lucky to have such an inteelililigibereinlidgenr, you know , that....kinda guy. sleep well America x....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jastheace said:

guess. please just have a guess about my opinion. then guess about the rest of the worlds opinion. then read the media' opinion, local and world. USA is so lucky to have such an inteelililigibereinlidgenr, you know , that....kinda guy. sleep well America x....

Did you ever make up your own mind about matters?

2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Thanks.  Just that you appear over-reliant on what others think.  

nope. never. and thank you too

10 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Thanks.  Just that you appear over-reliant on what others think.  

you think I should inject myelf with bleach?

1 coz trump says it's good

2 coz it'll kill me

what others think doesn't worry me. I'm not that ...you know what...duh

wow, i never knew he had so many supporters in new york city!

A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-yorkers-household-cleaners-trump-20200425-rnaqio5dyfeaxmthxx2vktqa5m-story.html

(although i've just been advised that watching any one of his press briefings in it's entirety can lead to ingestion of dangerous chemicals, so i wouldn't put too much stock in the effect of this particular bit of genius medical advice!)

Edited by ChouDoufu

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

wow, i never knew he had so many supporters in new york city!

A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-yorkers-household-cleaners-trump-20200425-rnaqio5dyfeaxmthxx2vktqa5m-story.html

An unusually high number of New Yorkers contacted city health authorities over fears that they had ingested bleach...

God Bless America!

You've been caught with your pants down, finally!