PM has report from experts in hand to decide on state of emergency: Anutin

snoop1130

PM has report from experts in hand to decide on state of emergency: Anutin

By THE NATION

800_a4d79dd551af566.jpg

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul

The Public Health Ministry has submitted the result of expert analyses on the Covid-19 outbreak to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, which he can use on Tuesday (April 28) to decide whether or not to lift the state of emergency, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Friday (April 24).

He added that the submitted data gives top priority to people’s safety, as well as the requirement to maintain social distancing, wear masks and work from home.

He said that though he does not personally support the continuing of strong measures, but the authorities have to ensure that infections do not escalate once the restrictions are lifted.

Prayut had said on April 21 that he will decide in a week’s time whether the state of emergency should be extended beyond April 30.

Most businesses are hoping the government will ease a few restrictions, giving them breathing space after being badly hit by the Covid-19 outbreak.

The government put the country under a state of emergency from March 26 to April 30 and imposed a 10pm to 4am curfew on April 3 until further notice.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386724

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-24

• Haha 1

Fyi ,   this esteemed Goverment Minister .

Advises all expats to in the kingdom , to have a bucket list .

Buy land and house , gold pickup etc , while you can for your thai lady...

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, JomtienRay said:

We all wish for this, but the Odds of this happening are A million to one and drifting.. ????

Not so sure about that, IMHO various business groups which make big big money from Chinese tourism are very powerful and can exert very big pressure on government, even threats to get income rolling.

Edited by scorecard

10 hours ago, JomtienRay said:

We all wish for this, but the Odds of this happening are A million to one and drifting.. ????

I''ll take this odds....how much will you take or partial lifting?

It's clear that there has been some "internal memos" around opening domestic flights and Central Group preparing for opening and some subtle messages about Covid numbers.

I doubt borders will open until July, and places like bars and massage will remain closed...but I'd be willing to wager partial opening.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Public Health Ministry has submitted the result of expert analyses on the Covid-19 outbreak to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha,.....Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Friday (April 24).

Please, O please, tell us that your opinion was not included in the "expert analyses."

15 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

Just when you think he can't slip to depths any further. Liked it better when he was licking his wounds out of sight.

With the end in sight they think it's safe to wheel him out again !!

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

this maskless fool cant figure out how to talk with a mask on

Yes indeed. This morning I went to my Cambodian bank to collect my new Visa card. I wore a face-mask and the young girl behind the glass screen also wore one. Our conversation in broken English was gibberish and hilarious, it reminded me of Captain Mainwaring trying to give a training lecture with Sergeant Wilson to the platoon wearing gas masks (Dad's Army - UK comedy):-

As they did, we removed our masks!!

Dad's Army - The Armoured Might of Lance Corporal Jones ...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I think you need to ask his good friend Prayut why and what his qualifications for his Office are?

Don't think friends but only a common arrangement for power between the both of them. Anutin pulls his head out and then someone loses their numbers control.

Just when you think he can't slip to depths any further.

When the flat faced groveller meets their flat arsed counterparts...

Liked it better when he was licking his wounds out of sight.

I'm sure he did too. Unfortunately, this electronic age renders it nigh on impossible.

I confess, I have no medical qualifications either, but I'm pretty sure those sore red wounds are of the type that will never heal up...

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Why is this Medically uneducated foul mouthed clown even allowed to talk or be in the spotlight or make decisions? 

He's really rich!