Thailand’s ‘new normal’ will last beyond lockdown, says Taweesin

snoop1130

I can recognize and indeed love, statistics. 
( No generalised statements from members  about  statistics being humbug please, it just shows collective ignorance of logic)
The  video from the two SoCal PRACTICING immunologists has very strong arguments for opening up lockdown which are based purely on international statistical comparisons,( that I can identify with) 

but here’s the kicker that I’m hoping somebody can answer in this forum hopefully without conspiracy theories or flippant remarks. - IF these Doctors are even HALFWAY correct and we COULD possibly control the inevitable deaths at 0.1% rather than the current 0.3%, through SELECTIVE precautionary measures, then WHY is total lockdown the preferred government route when politicians,  of ALL people, would know the bankruptcies,  to individuals, to businesses in general and to whole NATIONS for a generation to come that it will cause. ? Do we hate big business SO much? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The point which you are trying to ignore is, did they die of covid, or did they die with covid ?

I know that you can't answer that question, but the fact is that there is a difference.

absolutely, The statistics gov release are what's known as  "damn lies and statistics"

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

he and all of us could cite a host of people saying these exact things well in advance of him plagiarizing them verbally ; must make all of us 'experts' too

The same Bill Gates who wants everyone in the world to be vaccinated and chipped, you know bill Bill Gates who has all that medical expertise ???? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sungod said:

I moved here 20 odd years ago because the place was not normal.....

"the times they are a changin"................

but not quite the way i would have liked.    guess its all about the common good

marching to a different beat not so easy nowadays  

image.jpeg.114170ed5509462ef17aa08fec388bb1.jpeg

"working from home will stick with society for a long time"

Rubbish. How many out of Thailands official workforce can do their jobs from home? If you work for let's say an insurance company it will probably work out. You just need a proper internet. 

• Like 2

Excellent read and so true , why are the so called leaders (they're not leading they're dictating)  and experts so easily misled and afraid to stand clear and get on with it. Afraid of being critisized or losing face , huge egos or what ? People that are afraid to go out are welcome to stay home, hope they do. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

he and all of us could cite a host of people saying these exact things well in advance of him plagiarizing them verbally ; must make all of us 'experts' too

Gates has been talking about pandemics for years. He's been thinking about the ramifications for longer than that. If he's saying something it's not likely to be "plagiarism", but rather something of which he's been aware for some time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Gates has been talking about pandemics for years. He's been thinking about the ramifications for longer than that. If he's saying something it's not likely to be "plagiarism", but rather something of which he's been aware for some time.

i guess he is not aware that a small portion of his billions could eradicate Hep C in 3 months ?

If he or anyone can ever give me an answer to why he does not do that.....  then i will not

despise the guy       edit:  ian c hh ?     hey look, i even found a statistic from WHO

now WHO could ever not believe them?

Jul 9, 2019 - Globally, an estimated 71 million people have chronic hepatitis C virus infection. A significant number of those who are chronically infected will develop cirrhosis or liver cancer
Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiebat said:

Uncle Bill Gates

Hey Uncle Bill with your Demonic plans

To shoot up the tribes and destroy all the clans

Bringer of Death you’re not of the Lord

I’ll seek you out by the light of my sword.

Hey Uncle Bill with your cauldron of crud

Your evil vaccine will not touch my blood.

For I stand encircled, shielded in light

In tune with the Spirit, prepared for the fight.

Hey Uncle Bill evil demon be gone

Back to the darkness from where you spawn.

Glorious Universe hear Humanity yell

Condemn Uncle Bill to the Gates of Hell.

By the Universe for the Universe

24/ 4/ 20.

Euthanize Uncle Gates Eradicate Narcissistic Insane Corporate Scum

Get help!

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

What virus outbreak ? I don,t know anyone who has been affected by it ???? except of course by the restrictions !

Ooooooh...you don't know anyone personally?

Then it must be ahoax!

I have never seen a blue whale!

Pretty sure they exist, though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Ooooooh...you don't know anyone personally?

Then it must be ahoax!

I have never seen a blue whale!

Pretty sure they exist, though!

please see post # 77.    maybe you can answer the 71 million dollar question

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

please see post # 77.    maybe you can answer the 71 million dollar question

I can't!

Mostly because I am not Bill Gates, nor do I have his resources!

I wish I would!

...but what the ... has that to do with the post I replied to and my reply to that ppost?

3 hours ago, rtco said:

Pig sick of phrases line this + lockdown and self-isolation and social distancing ... they have run their course. Everything will go back to the way it was with only passing adherence to whatever measures the "junta" decide to impose

You think so? How long will it take in your opinion?

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Indeed.

Trying to apply for my 12 month extension was murder back in March, the IO mumbling behind a half useless paper mask.

You never know, Thailand could go to Paperless, online Visa applications maybe, shudder to think, indian call centers.

My favorite is when you see people on a motorcycle wearing a mask but no helmet. So their thought must be that they don't want to die of covid 19, but it is ok if their head is smashed into the road. Go figure??? As the saying goes "You can't fix stupid"

• Like 2

Personally I think curfews will be the norm for many years to come in Thailand. But I'd say it will be between midnight - 4am. Not sure if I'd be entirely happy with it, but it wouldn't exactly ruin my life as I don't care for nightlife. Moving forward, I'm certainly going to be one of those people who will wear facemasks every time I go out from now on. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

..and to get away from Bill Gates and his ilk.

seems like THEY  are the virus without a cure.   powerful .......... big brother on steroids

like the animals whose habitat is ever shrinking.............free spirits are running out of space.

i too came here to get away,  but alas,  globalism has spread without interruption.  No vaccine

for the disease that has enveloped humanity.

"honey,  get ready for the tin foil hat comments"     ????????????????????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

I can't!

Mostly because I am not Bill Gates, nor do I have his resources!

I wish I would!

...but what the ... has that to do with the post I replied to and my reply to that ppost?

everything.