Thailand’s ‘new normal’ will last beyond lockdown, says Taweesin

snoop1130

4 hours ago, apetryxx said:

This “new normal” is all so much BS. Business CANNOT make a profit at 50% capacity. Who in their right mind would think that an airline with every other row and every other seat empty could make a go of it—-only a government bureaucracy could dream up such nonsense. It’s the economy, not the virus, stupid! That’s where the real danger lies.

What If the Airlines are raising the prices accordingly?

3 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Well, the last time I commented on freedom of speech in Thailand I was blocked from commenting in this forum for 10 days. Is that a form of censorship? Just asking.

So, I will not comment on freedom of speech. 

You are free to exercise your freedom to speak freely within the guidelines of free speech.Just don't exercise too much as you may sustain an injury.

2 hours ago, lensta said:

My favorite is when you see people on a motorcycle wearing a mask but no helmet. So their thought must be that they don't want to die of covid 19, but it is ok if their head is smashed into the road. Go figure??? As the saying goes "You can't fix stupid"

Yes! Not far from me is a "rat run" - A popular place for the police to setup roadblocks, usually for drugs / helmets / tea money because its narrow with lots of bends that you cant see around.

I came around the corner, as you say, no helmet, but I had my mask. No problems, just waved through.

3 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

I can recognize and indeed love, statistics. 
( No generalised statements from members  about  statistics being humbug please, it just shows collective ignorance of logic)
The  video from the two SoCal PRACTICING immunologists has very strong arguments for opening up lockdown which are based purely on international statistical comparisons,( that I can identify with) 

but here’s the kicker that I’m hoping somebody can answer in this forum hopefully without conspiracy theories or flippant remarks. - IF these Doctors are even HALFWAY correct and we COULD possibly control the inevitable deaths at 0.1% rather than the current 0.3%, through SELECTIVE precautionary measures, then WHY is total lockdown the preferred government route when politicians,  of ALL people, would know the bankruptcies,  to individuals, to businesses in general and to whole NATIONS for a generation to come that it will cause. ? Do we hate big business SO much? 

Big businesses don't seem to be closing so much and also tend to get more of the help being handed out and are in a better position to weather the storm of this scare outbreak being promoted by big media businesses.I suspect those in charge of 'Big Business" would like us to get used to the 'New Normal" a new phrase now being oft repeated in the hope it will be accepted.Beware the cure and the new normal they are both more dangerous than the disease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Not at all, but it would be obviously wasted time if i tried to explain to you.

The good news is that you can spend the rest of your life at home, if that makes you happy ????

Pointless to engage with a fool who doesn’t believe the facts. 

5 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Child molestation cases are rising

Spousal abuse

Alcoholism

Depression and suicide

Yes, he is also a sensationalist.  "rising" cases of these 4 behaviors is of course a terrible thing , yet one guy in Bakersfield isnt going to change my mind that death from a virus is not also a terrible thing and a bit more permanent. (other than suicide)

He is not convincing me that the Covid 19 virus is not more deadly and contagious than the seasonal flus.  Just 58 deaths from Covid-19 on March 17 and on April 24, there are over 50,000 deaths in the USA.  

Abuse, alcoholism, and depression have always been overly present in the USA, to claim a rise, you need traceable data, not just words on a youtube video

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Name calling is the knocking over your king to signal defeat of the argument.

Understand that, but i wonder what is the point of discussing anything if one's not willing to take into consideration other people's point of view.

17 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Plenty of Thai women have been wearing the masks for years already....I dont care for them at all myself..

Correct! My wife can smell a cigarette burning from 100 paces - she hates smoke (of all description) and has been wearing a mask for years - but she does take it off at bedtime! ???? 

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

America is really deleted up.  full of morons who voted for a moron. it's doomed.  about time for them to wake up, but i doubt even this will change things.  so far 50,000 dead.  hey let's go to the beach.

The country has 4 times more cases than any other country. And an idiot of a president suggesting injecting disinfectant or sticking lights in bodies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Understand that, but i wonder what is the point of discussing anything if one's not willing to take into consideration other people's point of view.

Never indicate that you are turning left when in actual fact the wheel is hard over to the right.

It confuses people-a "bingle" is sure to happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Never indicate that you are turning left when in actual fact the wheel is hard over to the right.

It confuses people-a "bingle" is sure to happen. 

Left ? Right ? Look, i don't understand your innuendo, but i know that i don't trust you and your motives.

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Left ? Right ? Look, i don't understand your innuendo, but i know that i don't trust you and your motives.

Can’t help wondering why you’re always on the attack, which of course you’re going to completely deny

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Can’t help wondering why you’re always on the attack, which of course you’re going to completely deny

Well, no, i am not denying. Perhaps i am a bit fed up with these restrictions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Pray-what motives may they be?

No innuendo-you claim that you are "left" but invariably support those who are on the right on this forum.

Trust comes about by congruence with ideas,thoughts and actions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Pray-what motives may they be?

No innuendo-you claim that you are "left" but invariably support those who are on the right on this forum.

Trust comes about by congruence with ideas,thoughts and actions.

Well, this is true.

My ideals are leftist, but in recent years i find more honesty and sincerity elsewhere.

I can speak for my country, the "left" is totally fake.

The truth is not left or right, and the truth is just what i want.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, this is true.

My ideals are leftist, but in recent years i find more honesty and sincerity elsewhere.

I can speak for my country, the "left" is totally fake.

The truth is not left or right, and the truth is just what i want.

Fine...just do not claim one thing when ,in actual fact,you are another.

Everyone will be more comfortable with the position that you have just stated above because it is more congruent with your posts and there will be no further need for confusion,neh?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Fine...just do not claim one thing when ,in actual fact,you are another.

Everyone will be more comfortable with the position that you have just stated above because it is more congruent with your posts and there will be no further need for confusion,neh?

Excuse me, but we are not discussing left or right here, but the covid19 and all its repercussions on the society.

Taking politics in the discussion is disingenuous. imho

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, barney42bb said:

Even the "Thai Intelect" adheres to the mantra of "Copying Others".

Indeed so, it's a human trait, which transcends local cultural norms. Thais of course, like to pretend that they are copied rather than bring copiers, but that's very far from being true. If you walk anywhere in Thailand for more than about five minutes you'll see the legacy of the Western world everywhere. Thais, like all nationalities, copy freely. It's how the human race develops, though Thailand, as a nation has contributed remarkably little to human development. In my opinion, a horrible notion which  haunts the dreams of many of  the so-called leaders of the country

Edited by ParkerN

15 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

He's an installed Technocrat. These are the marching orders from the head office... This is not about your safety, it's about control. This is a war on freedom, keep that in mind at all times. 

Control - by fear !!!

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Excuse me, but we are not discussing left or right here, but the covid19 and all its repercussions on the society.

Taking politics in the discussion is disingenuous. imho

But we are talking politics here..nu?

You seem to be very comfortable with the American alt-right view of things (paleo-conservatives)-are you not?In actual fact you have endorsed their point of view on this forum many times...

So..let us procede no-one really knows what the new normal might actually be but I will hazard a guess and say that the conditions pertaining to 2019 are probably gone for at least the foreseeable future and maybe never to return-who knows?

We have Africa and Central/South America to go as yet.

15 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

So..let us procede no-one really knows what the new normal might actually be but I will hazard a guess and say that the conditions pertaining to 2019 are probably gone for at least the foreseeable future and maybe never to return-who knows?

Well, i'm not denying that there will be positive effects from the crisis, like less pollution for example, but surely we have to worry about millions and millions of unemployed, they will not be quiet for very long.

And Greta ? What will she say now ?

57 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, no, i am not denying. Perhaps i am a bit fed up with these restrictions.

Nobody likes them but they’re designed to save our lives, (which they might already have done without us even knowing) even the lives of the conspiracy theorists and those who support the ones who suggest injecting disinfectant. 

• Like 1