Thailand reports 53 new coronavirus cases, one new death

rooster59

34 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Panic !!! 

Singapore Mk 2

Nothing like it. The migrant workers in Singapore with workers inside Singapore in their camps. These are Migrants in a detention centre who has been out of Thailand.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

It's very possible they contracted it in Thailand, then were locked up. Depends how long they were in country.

You can be rest assured the situation is far worse than anyone is letting on, especially among the migrant worker communities.

I would say the situation is far more widespread rather than worse because if there and many many more cases of infections and those are mild or asymptomatic cases then the death rate would drop down to numbers similar to a normal flu event if the doctors in the video I posted above are correct.Beware the cure. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

The government won’t see it this way

It does.

They just spent a good 15 minutes on TV, detailing these 42 cases (coming from 9 different countries).

This repatriation had been prepared and announced.

It happened also a couple of weeks ago, when there was a sudden jump to 111 new cases, because a couple of planes coming from Indonesia had brought back Thai workers.

And it will probably happen again.

• Like 2

Still very low compared to Western countries, this virus killing 10 or so people every month will just have to become the norm just like the common flu, so businesses can start reopening again and Thais can go back to work. Only issue is letting tourists back in the country, I would say they would have to order some rules, must wear masks in public areasx temperature checks at bars, shopping malls etc, wash hands, probably will have to quarantine certain people from hit hard countries for 2 weeks. Not sure how the bar scene would work with social distancing and mask wearing, it will be strange times, I'm hoping I can get a flight to BKK in July. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

It's very possible they contracted it in Thailand, then were locked up. Depends how long they were in country.

You can be rest assured the situation is far worse than anyone is letting on, especially among the migrant worker communities.

There is also the possibility that only one or two were infected and have spread to the rest in the holding area. I don't know about the mechanics of the IDCs during this pandemic, but I can't imagine social distancing being possible. Same thought applies to migrant worker communities.

IMO social distancing is extremely important to control this sort of hotspot scenario and needs to be monitored closely in all events of detention. 

5 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

And so what?

There are 2 choices:

Either let 70% get infected, which will happen in the long run, one way or another

or

Lock everybody while cultivating fear, and end up living like cavemen

Where we stand now, a new Middle Age is awaiting us.

It won't be much fun, but still better than the alternative...

Not arguing any of your points, just pointing out that less importance to trending lowering figures of reported cases should be given, unless the testing methods are kept consistent.

I am, and always have been, one that would side with the 'burn through' approach to this situation. But, that is easy for me to think or say as I wouldn't be responsible for the fatality count that would result from it.

44 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

This news is a kick in the ball!s to all here proclaiming Thailand is over reacting. There's a long way to go yet. If you don't like wearing masks in public then tough - take the consequences .......

Did you read the article or just commented based on the title?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I would say the situation is far more widespread rather than worse because if there and many many more cases of infections and those are mild or asymptomatic cases then the death rate would drop down to numbers similar to a normal flu event if the doctors in the video I posted above are correct.Beware the cure. 

I see you fell of your believe that Thailand is at the doorstep of an immense outbreak ????