Britain passes 'terrible' milestone of 20,000 coronavirus deaths

rooster59

12 minutes ago, Syduan said:

This was the prediction when this fake pandemic first came to light, according to this we should all be dead by now. Don't believe a word they say.

I don't know this prediction, where does it come from please?, but presume it is one of the many showing a forecast what could happen with unchanged policy?

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pegman said:

The Johnson regime can't even do a dead by virus count. Hopeless.

it's not as easy as you're suggesting. A lot of deaths of very elderly people might have been inevitable before the outbreak, but when they test positive, they are considered a covid-19 death. Old people die. How many of these people were close to death before the outbreak? In normal circumstances a cold or flu would push them over the edge, but of course, now it has a name. It's no longer some vague seasonal flu or pneumonia - it's now covid-19.

Using Australia as a good example, because they list every death along with age, either exact or approximate. I'm constantly updated about the death of a person in their 80's or 90's succumbing to covid-19. Were these people expected to live forever before covid-19. The first reported covid-19 death in Australia was a 95 year old woman and quite a number of others were over 90.

• Like 2

Reported posts and responses to same removed.

If you are going to post statistics of any nature you need to provide your source, and that needs to be a credible source.

Failore to do so will result in your post and responses to it/quoting it, will all be removed as "hearsay"

Bear in mind Germany is being more precise regarding the cause of death. Even if the deceased was infected with the corona virus it will not be recorded as such if, in fact, other causes brought about the death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Nor do I, but if they also had a Stroke, Heart attack, Cancer...

Anything but accept what the attending Doctor writes on the death certificate.

The question is why are you so vehemently opposed to accepting a death rate reported by the ONS and/or Government with no evidence to back up your skepticism?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The question is why are you so vehemently opposed to accepting a death rate reported by the ONS and/or Government with no evidence to back up your skepticism?

Do you have from your angle...?

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

But on Saturday we had to go to the large Asda in Roehampton and everyone ignored the guidelines completely.  The staff were helpless as people just pushed and shoved their way in.

That's close to my UK abode , my local shop , was there recently 

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Very few people wear masks in the UK , social distancing isnt really understood .

Half the population is on lock down and the other half are all congregating together and standing on bridges all clapping together without wearing masks . 

What the hell are they trying to do ?

Kill the virus by trying to squash it between their hands when they clap ?

The virus was probably clapping and cheering as well on the bridge..................all these lovely new people to infect 

All that is happening is flattening the curve, slowing the infection rate so the hospitals does not get overrun.  Immunity will eventually work its way through  the population.

It will be very interesting to see the stats on the people who died .. How they compare health wise with the people who did not die ...  75+ with lots of other issues ... C-19 was just the drop that made the glass overflow ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

(Serial) posting on political threads while repeatedly obfuscating the position from which you are so doing fails to motivate a reply.

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

(Serial) posting on political threads while repeatedly obfuscating the position from which you are so doing fails to motivate a reply.

Just present the evidence to back up your claims:

Where is the evidence of any other cause of death where the attending Doctor attributes COVID-19?

Where is the evidence to back up your statement at #83?

It has been widely reported that Corona has become a 'catch all' on death certificates where people have died from various natural causes like Heart attacks, Stroke etc.”

I’m sure if you had evidence you would post it.

Link?

• Like 2

Well at least the UK leader did not do the stupid talk, that Donald Trump did

to reporters, then claim that he was only being silly. God help the USA is what I 

think as well. That country is getting to claim the most deaths so far, the most

cases as well.  Of course there are some people in the US who will do

anything to be number one. Get in groups to have their liberty, or what ever

reason they were shoulder to soulder, and face to face. I doubt that

Boris will be spouting off like Trump still is.

Geezer

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well at least the UK leader did not do the stupid talk, that Donald Trump did

to reporters, then claim that he was only being silly. God help the USA is what I 

think as well. That country is getting to claim the most deaths so far, the most

cases as well.  Of course there are some people in the US who will do

anything to be number one. Get in groups to have their liberty, or what ever

reason they were shoulder to soulder, and face to face. I doubt that

Boris will be spouting off like Trump still is.

Geezer

Take a look at the Worldometer Coronavirus site.

Most deaths, yes. Highest death Rate, No. They sit about 8th or 9th last time I looked.

Most Cases, yes, but they have done the most testing. 

16 minutes ago, RayongBudgie said:

Take a look at the Worldometer Coronavirus site.

Most deaths, yes. Highest death Rate, No. They sit about 8th or 9th last time I looked.

Most Cases, yes, but they have done the most testing. 

No worries, you'll go up in that ranking.

So for deaths you want it looked at based on percentage, for testing on numbers of tests done.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

No worries, you'll go up in that ranking.

So for deaths you want it looked at based on percentage, for testing on numbers of tests done.

For an accurate figure as to the extent of Covid 19 you should look at death rates per population is all. No consolation for families of those who died I know. Also isnt it pretty obvious, more testing will equal more cases?

8 minutes ago, RayongBudgie said:

For an accurate figure as to the extent of Covid 19 you should look at death rates per population is all. No consolation for families of those who died I know. Also isnt it pretty obvious, more testing will equal more cases?

Far from convinced, but saw some data based on deaths per capita, but also taking into account average population density. The Netherlands v Norway would be of interest.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, Surelynot said:

There are no restrictions in travelling to the UK and no quarantine requirements when you arrive and no screening when you arrive.

That’s interesting mate as my mother said in a recent phone call that when arriving back home to the u.k i would be going into quarantine for 14 days ‘ asked her why and she said that’s the local reports coming from Downing Street - on this occasion hope your right and mum wrong ???? 

1 minute ago, Steve Vincent said:

That’s interesting mate as my mother said in a recent phone call that when arriving back home to the u.k i would be going into quarantine for 14 days ‘ asked her why and she said that’s the local reports coming from Downing Street - on this occasion hope your right and mum wrong ???? 

Just announced...correct. Timed the announcement to make me look like a fool....bar-stewards. It would be very irresponsible to ignore the quarantine, but a pound to penny few if any will comply.