Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

1 minute ago, keith101 said:

I just want to be able to travel into the next Province so i get into Makro and get some food that is not available in Uttaradit . Uttaradit has Tesco and that's it absolutely pathetic but i am hoping that CP Group get to buy out Tesco so that we get  a Makro here .

Oooooh... Uttaradit, eh? Bad choice there.

• Haha 1

If they go along the route as outlined then it could be considered as a sensible route. The buying of alcohol for home consumption really should not be an issue. However, entertainment bars in Bangkok, Pattaya and elsewhere will likely be shut for some months as they represent a hazard. Things are better but caution is still required

57 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The emergency decree has to be in place until people stop complaining and understand it is helping them and the rest of the country to stay healthy. Not talking about the economic side here. Just that maybe people can learn and not break the rules next time. If that is achieved, then it might take much shorter next time.

Certainly people need to understand the benefits of the emergency decree.  On the other hand complaining is part of freedom of speech, not something to be punished for.  I do not recall reports of widespread rule breaking since the early days of meetings at boxing stadiums and chicken fights.  It is the Thai nature that a few will break some rules but there has not been widespread disobedience like there is with motorcycle safety helmets etc.  I think it is going well and sooner rather than later, a little at a time, there could be easing of selected rules.  Whether the government sees it like that is another thing altogether. 

Edited by losername
Correction of two typos.
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Thailand has some of the lowest infections in the world and barely any deaths now.   Total Control Freaks, from the Gov and Junta PM to those in the medical profession.  My experience in Thailand of the Med Profession is over caution on anything. eg, after a course of antibiotics and the problem clears up, youre told to take another course ( just as a precaution) and to return to hospital  multiple times. All this for just some bacterial infection. I ignore them Always . Other countries with more infections are moving out of lockdown , Thailand with barely any continues to control Peoples movements.. Cant wait to leave !

you should have been a doctor