Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

17 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Staying healthy!!!!!!!

Have you not seen the queues of people standing waiting for handouts because they have no money or food to put on the table!!!!

The lockdown doesn't really have anything to do with Covid 19 it's about control of the people

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/pastor-who-criticized-coronavirus-mass-hysteria-dies-from-illness/

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The emergency decree has to be in place until people stop complaining and understand it is helping them and the rest of the country to stay healthy. Not talking about the economic side here. Just that maybe people can learn and not break the rules next time. If that is achieved, then it might take much shorter next time.

Nothing to do with complaining.

If they continue to have our beaches empty in the heat , plus no use of common pools , plus no beer... and for another month ... then even I will be breaking the law soon.

If somebody congregates on a beach , or over some beers ( or Som Taum for that matter ) ARREST THEM.

If we gotta stay away from people , make it tolearble to live alone - please !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

It's a case of enforcing rules so that the virus transmission and infection rate eventually subside so that we can all live a normal life again. If the rules were not enforced the transmission of the virus would continue and increase.  simple really  ..... 

Like the new avatar photo Steven,it's much more apt.I think you mean so we can get back to the "new normal" life.The Spanish flu lasted about two and a half years and the more we slow this pandemic the more problems will worsen is my fear so maybe not so simple.We could be looking at a much longer lock down.

• Like 1

Are they kidding I just walked into the mall and bought an iPad earlier this afternoon, and a lot of shops are open but not all of them yet. They’re still doing some crowd control but not like earlier this month when I was at the mall last time most shops were closed a few weeks ago but now things are slowly opening up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes, he's done a good job ( IMO ) with controlling the COVID-19 outbrake, and hopefully his decisions continue to help minimize infection transmission without prolonged damage to the economy albeit a balancing act.

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.7c47d5439b449070eb2e60eafd11cb86.PNG

IIt seems to me you "outbrake" yourself quite often already "steven100", maybe try "steven50" as name for a while, or maybe straight to the point choose: "con-id-19" for when readers go ...viral about your outspoken sympathies for military dictators, in an ..."outbreak" of anger?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sevenhills said:

Took the words right out of my mouth, At least some people are awake to this Scamdemic.????

Perhaps you would like to call this a Scamdemic to the relatives of some of the 20,000 who have lost there lives to Covid-19 in the UK, or other parts of Europe or even the USA, including many doctors and nurses!  We are fortunate here in Thailand to have escaped the full wrath of this terrible virus.  My son and daughter in law, and daughter, are working long hours to save lives and prevent the spread of this pestilence through isolation, good hygeine and social distancing!  How dare you call it a "Scamdemic"! You sound as ill informed as that nutcase Trump!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Fingers crossed they extend it for at least another 2 months. So far it's worked really well. 
As that old saying goes "If if it's not broke, then why try to fix it"

"Kaopad999", no idea why the word "broke" would be more familiar to you, but in the old saying it is about not "broken" not to be fixed, when you allow me.