Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

2 minutes ago, bangrak said:

"Kaopad999", no idea why the word "broke" would be more familiar to you, but in the old saying it is about not "broken" not to be fixed, when you allow me.

Plus millions in Thailand are broke already and no-one is trying to fix anything !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, havair said:

Sir , the virus was here in Thailand going back to December or January . We have been fortunate due to a variety of factors not to have incurred the full wrath of the virus .  We have only 50+ deaths .  There is no evidence at all of the virus spreading exponentially here .  Each country in the world has different variables .  Here in Thailand ,  we have abundant sunshine and high humidity which has been shown to hinder the virus .  Also many studies have shown a weaker strain of the virus is currently here in SE Asia .  I was in favor of the initial precautions enacted here ,  and they have proven correct .  It is now time to begin to relax many of these orders .  We can not live in this type of a state until a vaccine if found , if it ever is .  There is no exponential spread here . Hospitals have not been overrun .   There are lines of starving people everyday ,  they need to begin to work again .  

You have a lot of air "havair", not sure it is kept in a pleasantly perfumed location, but try to keep it for your own person to breathe anyway, please, thank you.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, owenm said:

What about the millions who still haven't received any of the 5000bht monthly handouts?? And to have to continue to survive for yet another month without a razoo for food on the table and bills etc.

Many were accepted for the first payout only to have it cancelled before reaching the bank. Didn't Prayut promise that no one would be left out if they were genuinely entitled to the claim? I do hope that with this additional stress it doesn't result in more suicides.. 

Exactly... Was just messaging my wife about that.. She said the same thing, staff we had to lay off still not received anything and applications pending !!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The emergency decree has to be in place until people stop complaining and understand it is helping them and the rest of the country to stay healthy. Not talking about the economic side here. Just that maybe people can learn and not break the rules next time. If that is achieved, then it might take much shorter next time.

Or you could look at it the other way. Knowing that people have broken and complained about restrictions, that they will do the same on any extension of restrictions. Good excuse you extend again, and again and...

Edited by TKDfella

3 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

If they go along the route as outlined then it could be considered as a sensible route. The buying of alcohol for home consumption really should not be an issue. However, entertainment bars in Bangkok, Pattaya and elsewhere will likely be shut for some months as they represent a hazard. Things are better but caution is still required

Opening bars in Pattaya would be safer than whats going on now tbh, cant speak for other places but here is like a ghost town except on the streets the tarts and LBs are still mixing with the foam from the Middle east. At least in bars rules can be applied, not on the streets, and there are more bars than people here haha so I wouldnt see an issue, neither do most. If you dont like that idea, help with the social distancing by not going near a bar ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poohy said:

As it more or less normal here now even  barbers are open, just need Hompro to get its ass into gear and all will be well

More importantly P what about the beer Ban yes or no?

I don't know where you are but not a single barber or beauty salon open where I live.

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us hope this is not true. This would be a horrendously bad decision. This far the govt. has done a good job. Covid was isolated and it died. Now, it is time to bring the nation back from the brink. Another month would be hugely damaging to the vast majority of the population here and highly punitive, for no good reason. It is overkill. It would be devastating to millions. 

The new daily cases are at near zero. More pedestrians meet their maker each day. 

End the lockdown. End the insanity. End it now! 

Well - maybe the beer at least?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Meetings held between high ranking government officials were due to be held on Monday and a decision could even be reached later today, prior to being put forward for Cabinet approval on Tuesday.

maybe waiting for permission from their (China) best friend

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I don't know where you are but not a single barber or beauty salon open where I live.

I'm in Ladprao and the barber shops in my neighborhood haven't closed at all during all of this. The clinics, massage places, and dental offices have, though.

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just read that the centre of covid19 admin are recommending the state of emergency be extended 'til the end of May. Anutin also couldn't wait til the 12.30 announcement and told reporters that the numbers of cases today are in single digits.

Seems to me that the numbers being given to the public make for nice reading, but the government know they aren't reflective of what's really going on. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Only nine cases today, though I saw another report of 24. I have been collecting data each day from the website above. I believe this is the same source used by the Nation newspaper. The increase on 25 April is from a group of Thais returning from Myanmar. They were put in quarantine upon entering and 42 of them tested positive. Without tis group, the daily new infections would have been 11, in accord with the general downward trend.

Should not be too cynical about this data, every country is doing it. Thailand is without a doubt doing better than many other countries.

1479798107_2020-04-2717_36_16.png.962b3a393475c3387b7f30f3fa0dfbb4.png

• Haha 1

The emergency decree has to be in place until people stop complaining and understand it is helping them and the rest of the country to stay healthy. Not talking about the economic side here. Just that maybe people can learn and not break the rules next time. If that is achieved, then it might take much shorter next time.

It is no mere coincidence that countries with the highest infection/death rates are those where restrictions are being eased. Their respective populations are well on the way to achieving herd immunity from the virus.

Thailand's incredibly low confirmed cases and deaths may appear to vindicate the administration's draconian measures. But they almost certainly mean only a small percentage of people are immune.

Unless by some miracle the virus dies out before schools are reopened, many students are likely become asymptomatic carriers and pose a serious threat to any elderly relatives in their household. 

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

It is no mere coincidence that countries with the highest infection/death rates are those where restrictions are being eased. Their respective populations are well on the way to achieving herd immunity from the virus.

Thailand's incredibly low confirmed cases and deaths may appear to vindicate the administration's draconian measures. But they almost certainly mean only a small percentage of people are immune.

Unless by some miracle the virus dies out before schools are reopened, many students are likely become asymptomatic carriers and pose a serious threat to any elderly relatives in their household. 

It is not yet clear that immunity is a thing. This is something The Who have been reminding us. For example, we do not develop immunity to HIV.

13 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

exactly the point that you keep avoiding all through this and other threads, as in we have all been isolating TOO LONG 

I have a surprise for you. If you, or other people, think it has been to long. Ops! I just guess that does not matter at all. I takes as long as it takes. Just live with, and be happy that you are doing that in a country that have been taken good care of the people regarding health with low number of infections and deaths.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

If mass suicides do not occur first- people are starving!!

• Like 2