Two Americans afraid to go back home, want to remain in Thailand

webfact

17 hours ago, b17 said:

I've been employed as a teacher for the past 35 years in international schools in Japan, Singapore and Thailand, and I can assure you that I have never surfed Facebook or any other social media site while working.  To my knowledge, neither have any of my colleagues. Your rude, thoughtless and hurtful opinions are not appreciated, and I suggest that if you have nothing good to say, say NOTHING. 

Hear hear. The OP is probably a burned out Pattaya dweller who hasn't been gainfully employed or in a classroom for years

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Not that I have any plans to go back to Sweden until the end of June, but I also prefer to stay here in Thailand rather then go to a country like Sweden or USA now.

Edited by Tengtai

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still trying to figure out how they managed to get here 14 days ago. Were not all flights stopped unless you met certain restrictions, like being a diplomat, pilot, a Thai national or had a work permit.  If so how did these two get into the country and into quarantine, unless they are also American born Thais who have Thai nationality...But with those dreadlocks I doubt they are Thai.....

This just in... Thai people eat water melon and fried chicken too.

More at ten...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

They cant leave unless the US sends a plane to pick up stranded citizens while bringing back Thais here . 

Are they actually doing that in Thailand?  In the Philippines there are "sweeper" flights are a frequent basis.  Anyone registered at the US Embassy gets constant update emails.

1 hour ago, Tengtai said:

Not that I have any plans to go back to Sweden until the end of June, but I also prefer to stay here in Thailand rather then go to a country like Sweden or USA now.

Nobody wants to go to Sweden right now with their herd immunity experiment!  No lockdown, no quarantine, just let people get sick approach is making plenty of dead Swedes!

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-deaths-covid-19?country=DNK+FIN+NOR+SWE" 

Edited by Iron Tongue
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, allen303 said:

Health care is the best in the world, no food shortages, no alcohol shortages. Just disliking the US is most of the problem on this forum.

Most probably just dislike the made up facts some people post, no matter where they're from.