is my visa also extended?

I've heard about thailand extending foreigner's visas so im not sure if this applies to me as I'm not in thailand. I have a single entry tourist visa and it expires on June 12th. Is my visa extended, as in can I enter June 20th for example and my tourist visa applies?

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, in reality in Thailand, no visas are extended, incorrect terminology. They are extending Permissions To Stay. 

Ok, my flight is on june 1st to arrive june 3rd, the ban got extended to june 1st right? If thats the case ill change my flight to June 5th or so

2 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Ok, my flight is on june 1st to arrive june 3rd, the ban got extended to june 1st right? If thats the case ill change my flight to June 5th or so

You will have to watch the status on the flight ban, and consider yourself whether it is worth coming. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

You will have to watch the status on the flight ban, and consider yourself whether it is worth coming. 

I've read it on facebook that its banned june 1st, im not aware of where to find the official news. It is indeed banned until june 1st now?

There is virtually no chance that you will be able to enter Thailand as a tourist in early June. There is a good reason why people already in Thailand are being given automatic extensions of their permissions to stay until the end of July. Freely moving between countries is simply not going to be a thing for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

There is virtually no chance that you will be able to enter Thailand as a tourist in early June. There is a good reason why people already in Thailand are being given automatic extensions of their permissions to stay until the end of July. Freely moving between countries is simply not going to be a thing for the foreseeable future.

well if it is banned june 5th ill just cancel. Is it confirmed banned until june 1st now?

5 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

I've read it on facebook that its banned june 1st, im not aware of where to find the official news. It is indeed banned until june 1st now?

I read that incoming flight ban has been extended to May 31st. 

There may still be further requirements for non Thais like insurance and medical reports. 

Edited by jacko45k

11 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Where you from? I'd say no chance of anyone getting in in June, especially if from high risk countries.

Edited by Salerno

3 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Virginia

I'd be writing the visa off and contacting your airline re options on rescheduling or refund. 

My flights in June where cancelled by the airline in March, part of an email: "As THAI have suspended flights from Australia until 30 June 2020 at this stage..." would suggest they knew back then the rolling bans where not realistic.

Just now, Salerno said:

I'd be writing the visa off and contacting your airline re options on rescheduling or refund. 

My flights in June where cancelled by the airline in March, part of an email: "As THAI have suspended flights from Australia until 30 June 2020 at this stage..." would suggest they knew back then the rolling bans where not realistic.

Ok another question is I have a layover in Japan. Lets say if thailand didn't have a ban but Japan did, would I be able to stay in Japan during my layover or would I just be screwed and they'd turn me back to the US, or would I even be able to board the plane?

4 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

would I even be able to board the plane?

If eligible to enter Thailand and transit no problem. But, you need to keep an eye on transit countries too - Taiwan has banned transit. The airline will know the requirements and you won't be able to board if you don't meet them

Edited by Salerno
Misread initial question

20 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

well if it is banned june 5th ill just cancel. Is it confirmed banned until june 1st now?

Recognise that there is a difference between allowing flights to land with passengers, and allowing easy entry to foreigners as in the pre Covid-19 era. In June, it is possible that some foreigners might be allowed into Thailand (probably with 14-day quarantine). Examples are those with Thai spouses and children, and those with work permits. While the hotel and restaurant business is being decimated by the lack of tourism, Thailand is not about to change its mind and just allow the virus to spread uncontrolled through the country.

Just now, BritTim said:

Recognise that there is a difference between allowing flights to land with passengers, and allowing easy entry to foreigners as in the pre Covid-19 era. In June, it is possible that some foreigners might be allowed into Thailand (probably with 14-day quarantine). Examples are those with Thai spouses and children, and those with work permits. While the hotel and restaurant business is being decimated by the lack of tourism, Thailand is not about to change its mind and just allow the virus to spread uncontrolled through the country.

Oh yeah thats another thing I've heard about is the 14 day quarantine. Do you have any info on what actually happens? Like, do you pay to stay in a hotel or something for 14 days, or are you in a room with other foreigners for 14 days?

58 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CAAT-News-7-Extension-of-temporary-ban-on-all-international-flights-until-31-May-2020-1.pdf

21 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Oh yeah thats another thing I've heard about is the 14 day quarantine. Do you have any info on what actually happens? Like, do you pay to stay in a hotel or something for 14 days, or are you in a room with other foreigners for 14 days?

Whilst the US in on the 'high risk' list of Countries, I doubt you'll be able to fly anywhere soon.

Even returning Thais have to undergo a 14 day quarantine lockdown and a 'fit to fly' certificate to allow boarding. The limited foreigners able to enter are also subject to the 14 day quarantine and must have proof of being Covid free before boarding.

OP, the posts such as #15,19 and others are coming from experienced members.

Flying into Thailand early June is a wet dream. Won't happen.

Personally I'm worried about trips much later in the year. Certainly have written off anything in June.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Whilst the US in on the 'high risk' list of Countries, I doubt you'll be able to fly anywhere soon.

Even returning Thais have to undergo a 14 day quarantine lockdown and a 'fit to fly' certificate to allow boarding. The limited foreigners able to enter are also subject to the 14 day quarantine and must have proof of being Covid free before boarding.

Do you have any info on the conditions of the 14 day quarantine? Is it like, staying in a hotel room by yourself isolated? Or do the immigration assign you a shared room somewhere with other foreigners?

• Haha 1

Where were you planning on staying?

You must stay at the place indicated on your TM6 arrival card, be it a hotel, or private residence.

I only know of one person who managed to return to his private residence, where he had to self isolate for 14 days and report twice a day to his local Government hospital for screening.

39 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Do you have any info on the conditions of the 14 day quarantine? Is it like, staying in a hotel room by yourself isolated? Or do the immigration assign you a shared room somewhere with other foreigners?

The Thai's that have been able to arrive have been sent for a strict quarantine for 14 days. The government has set some hotels for the quarantene.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

In June, it is possible that some foreigners might be allowed into Thailand (probably with 14-day quarantine). Examples are those with Thai spouses and children, and those with work permits.

Based on your gut feel?

Before the blanket ban, only foreigners with WP's were considered eligible (NB. Not guaranteed) along with unobtainable covid-free certs and insurance. Those with Thai families or retired with property were never part of the mix.

• Like 1

Thai Immigration have extended how long foreigners who are already in the country on visa and extensions thereof can stay.

Since Thai visas are issued by the MFA and not Immigration, I haven't seen where the former have announced that the 'use-by' dates on visas issued before the moratorium are similarly extended.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The Thai's that have been able to arrive have been sent for a strict quarantine for 14 days. The government has set some hotels for the quarantene.

What do you mean strict? Do you mean they're unable to leave their room for 14 days? Do they get their own room or do they have a roommate?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Do you mean they're unable to leave their room for 14 days?

You could leave your room but not the hotel for meals and etc.

27 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Do they get their own room or do they have a roommate?

Private rooms from what I have read.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

In June, it is possible that some foreigners might be allowed into Thailand (probably with 14-day quarantine). Examples are those with Thai spouses and children, and those with work permits.

Based on your gut feel?

To a large extent, yes.

Critical foreign workers important to businesses are likely to be one of the first categories.

International treaties, plus Thai belief in the importance of families, means that foreign close relatives of Thais is another group that should be near the front of the line for readmission.

While retirees may be prioritised over tourists, I do not expect them to be among early waves of foreigners allowed in. Recognise that Thailand cares little about the interests of foreigners unless there is a direct impact on Thais. Single retirees, in general, are of no greater value to the Thai economy than long stay tourists.

What will be interesting is to see if any deference is shown to Thailand Elite visa holders. My instinct is that they will be treated pretty much like other lower priority groups.

Edited by BritTim

OP there's lots of good advice on here from some knowledgeable and experienced posters. The bottom line is don't get your hopes up about visiting any time soon, this is clearly not what you want to hear but you should take it on board. Common sense should be telling you to stay at home (at least in your home country) in the first place. 

Is there some pressing need for you to appear to be so intent on travelling? Would you have sufficient funds to support yourself for an extended period should circumstances dictate the need for it? Many people who arrived here two or three months ago are finding themselves in difficult postions.

15 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

No,until May 31,to be exact,but that's for now. But when the ban is lifted,there will probably be restrictions, maybe a mandatory travel insurance and a health certificate showing no virus infection and on top of that much higher ticket prices.