Emergency extended for one more month, night curfew to remain

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

So 72 ( seventy two ) provincial governors have to make a decision on allowing alcohol back, and whether they do or not, pray tell me, how will that news be transmitted to the regular man in the street, or rather the regular guy at home.

Are they all gonna video conference ( Zoom is good ) with each other.

They'll have to go somewhere like Sinthanee and wire up 72 flat screens.

I don't believe it to be as you mentioned  ......  I expect the PM will make an announcement tonight confirming what is permitted to open and what is not,  and if the ban on the sales of alcohol will continue or not. I don't think provincial governors make that call.  imo 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree absolutely ....  if I have to suffer another month of posters comments on TV I want to be intoxicated at the very least.

Judging by your relentless admiration for the captain, I've always assumed you were intoxicated when you posted here. 

• Haha 1

Friday May 1 we should know, I hope more shops can open, and full access to beaches. Boredom on unknown high level already, and sanity will soon be questionable. 

However this is not about me or you, we must consider the big picture, and what's best for all of us - 1 more month might be neccessary. 

From beach lover with serious abstinence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

They have no factory deliveries....

Which means nothing.

If you know the right contacts they were prepared and well stocked.  You won't see it displayed but the back room is full.

Anyone that cannot find some beer or a bottle of booze, seems somewhat incompetent and it is their problem. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Which means nothing.

If you know the right contacts they were prepared and well stocked.  You won't see it displayed but the back room is full.

Anyone that cannot find some beer or a bottle of booze, seems somewhat incompetent and it is their problem. 

Absolutely.  There is ample booze where I live.  

• Like 1

Just now, DrTuner said:

Well that's a perfect way to cram 70% of the population in Makro for two days.

I don't buy at Makro but I agree with you on the massive booze grab that is going to happen. There is a shop that is a little town distributor near me that has all the nice scotch and cases of beer and wine that I need. And good quality. The only problem now is the wife just told me the info and now she expects a make her happy favor tonight for the approval with no hassle for me to go stock up big. The things a guy has to do in order to have some peace at home. And just when I thought my New Years present was enough for the year..

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, transam said:

But we all don't live where you live, do we...????

Then travel to outer Bangkok and you'll find various stores selling alcohol.

Edited by anchadian

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Absolutely.  There is ample booze where I live.  

Well lucky you !

Here in deepest darkest Chonburi its hard to find and almost 2x the normall price..delivered only under cover of darkness...just like the American prohibition days.

PM hints at restriction relaxation as some Bangkok businesses reopen

Prayut-COVID-Curfew-2.jpg

Lockdown restrictions will be eased in four stages, separated by 14 days, and this will be applied nationwide, according to Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha after today’s cabinet meeting.

He insisted that public safety and health management are the key elements in determining what will be allowed to reopen.  He warned, however, that those that do resume operations could be closed again if there is a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

The cabinet today approved the CCSA’s proposal to extend the state of emergency, including the night curfew, until the end of May, but did not decide upon which businesses will be allowed to reopen.

Meanwhile, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has worked out a list of businesses and places that will be allowed to resume operations at the end of this month.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang, said that, although lockdown restrictions for selected places and businesses are to be eased, certain measures will have to be observed by their operators, as well as those who use their services.

In the capital, restrictions are expected to be eased for:

• Restaurants and food shops: Though customers may dine in, the seating must be separated by at least 1.5 metres. No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
  • Flea and wet markets: All usual products can be sold.
  • Sports and exercise venues, including sports and youth centres: No contact sports will be permitted, only sports such as badminton, tennis and table tennis. Football, futsal, basketball, volleyball or softball are not allowed.
  • Barber’s shops, beauty salons: Only for hair cutting, washing and drying services. The shop must be disinfected every two hours and customers cannot wait their turn in the shop. Barbers and hair dressers must wear face masks and face shields.
  • Veterinarian clinics and shops providing hair cutting for pet dogs: Only one dog is permitted per customer and the venue must be disinfected every two hours.
  • Hospitals and clinics.
  • Golf courses and driving ranges.

Operators of these venues must deploy strict anti-viral precautions for their customers, such as temperature checks and soap or sanitizer for hand washing.  All customers and visitors must wear face masks and strictly observe social distancing, or face closure.

The Disease Control Committee of Bangkok will consider the BMA’s proposed list of places to be reopened, and related measures, at its meeting tomorrow and Governor Aswin said he will report to the CCSA once there is a decision from the committee.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-hints-at-restriction-relaxation-as-some-bangkok-businesses-reopen/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-04-28

39 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Says who? And what could be a bigger cause for concern or enjoyment? Everything else is more or less easy and open to get and my freedom for the most part is still there.. I like to get buzzed every other night or third night.

Me too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

This article is a waste of bandwidth - it tells us nothing!

It told me this Friday and next Wednesday public holidays have not been postponed.... Requested annual leave for Monday and Tuesday the moment I heard the news !!

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

No alcoholic beverages are permitted.

typical thai logic; takes me the same amount of time sipping a beer as water; gonna have to choose rests with the mom n pop stores selling beer next door; then just get the food takeaway; final result: exact same

Edited by YetAnother
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Not doctors. A doctor said that. Please also post the statements from the thousands of other doctors and healthcare workers who do not share his opinion. And, btw, this guy lied in his statement lied that the local health board was on board with opinion. They came out the next day and said that they were in now way in agreement with his opinion.

Well I watched it and it was pretty convincing to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1