Safety guarantee added to lure tourists back to ‘Amazing Thailand

snoop1130

9 hours ago, harada said:

I'm not sure if the stats coming out of Vietnam on Covoid are true or not, but if they are I can see them leaving Thailand in their dust as far as tourism is concerned.

Not just Covid - I know a lot of people who had nothing but praise for Vietnam before Covid came along. Mostly the attitude to tourists - they make them feel welcome and don't rip them off at every opportunity. Plus I believe the cost of living is cheaper, and the visa "rules" are far simpler - all in all a better option. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

I guess every tourist gets a body guard to collect when coming into Thailand

21 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

Oops! Sounds like somebody took Kuhn Anutin's "dirty falangs" slur seriously.

33 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Google Spotlight Phuket Slingshot

Thanks. I thought from the original mention that it was something new, not several weeks old. I did at the time link the Thaiger article to Facebook to let the world know how welcoming the locals can be.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Johnthplumb said:

Well those young firm breasts on the massage girls are real and they lure me in with no problem.

What 'firm breasts'.  Thailand is the home of the founding chapter of the IBTC.

21 hours ago, Davo369 said:

Yep... I'm stranded in the UK, its gonna be at least  December before i can return To see me wife and son.

Yes but at least you can still get a drink, stay in a civilised country and leave the halfwits to run there’s. I’m never returning to that s*itH#le. 

48 minutes ago, sambum said:

I know a lot of people who had nothing but praise for Vietnam before Covid came along. Mostly the attitude to tourists - they make them feel welcome and don't rip them off at every opportunity. Plus I believe the cost of living is cheaper, and the visa "rules" are far simpler - all in all a better option. 

Looks like you only read from the "TAV" (or equivalent of Thai TAT)  :whistling:

There are several good threads on this forum about Vietnam;

People living there and not as happy as you about their life in Vietnam...

By example, won't you have from July to renew your Visa every month ?!!

Edited by Pattaya46

4 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well, the health system indeed is one of the best and if you can afford as a foreigner you will get excellent quality. 

The health system doesn't do foreigners much good when you can't cross the Thai border if you're outside the country, and in my case, I can't cross the provincial border to enter Chiang Mai to see my regular health care professionals. 
It is no longer wise to depend on Thailand (or adjacent provinces) for medical needs as getting locked out of your regular health care venue will now be a constant, overhanging concern, especially considering the state will probably roll out the Coronavirus bogie-man on a regular basis for the foreseeable future.

This Country is hardly likely to be believed on any Safety Guarantee.

Their track record on Safety for Tourists,is a little bit suspect to say the least.

I refer of course to the 49 Chinese Tourists that perished in Phuket during a Boat trip, the Tourists that perished on various Death Slides around the Country, all the people killed on the Roads, and all the other accidents that have occurred at multiple Tourist sites.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Even if people in the tourist and associate industries go back to work they will be few tourists to service.. I can't see people in the western world coming in numbers of any significance.. Flights will be twice the price at a guess. People will be trying to make back money which they have lost due to furlows etc. Make up their pensions. That's if they have jobs. No one knows what they will have to provide health certificate wise to enter another country or insurances. Its not going to be the same again.. I see Tourist cities here being like ghost towns. Massive change will happen... Thailand as time goes on will have to adjust. Rebrand.. Only my thoughts... But speaking to family and friends no one I know will entertain long haul flights. The covid 19 virus will peak in different parts of the world and msybe return. Too many worries for many people...

Thailand will be throw back for about 15 years. And the rest of the world wouldnt do much better. So forget about mass tourism for a long time. And that because of this mass hysteria. Crazy world.

Edited by chiangmaitraveler

22 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Then don't go to Phuket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

Yes tourism dept love you and immigration dept interrogate you or make you jump thru fiery hoops from barely suppressed disdain or even hatred. No wonder I am confused. Am I a security risk or am I a cash cow?

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

A cash cow...very definitly a cash cow..

There is no other criterion actually used in Thailand.

..and if you take them overseas then your chances do not improve by one little jot,either.

Actually a cash cow...anddddd, a national security risk too.  Gotta admit, Thai officialdom goes a little ting-tong when they can't separate their desire for foreign money from their fear of all things foreign.  The cognitive dissonance must be mind-shattering. And from the realm of shattered minds comes - Safety Guarantees and Safety Logos. 
Hmmm ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Looks like you only read from the "TAV" (or equivalent of Thai TAT)  :whistling:

There are several good threads on this forum about Vietnam;

People living there and not as happy as you about their life in Vietnam...

By example, won't you have from July to renew your Visa every month ?!!

Did you read the first line of my post? I'll repeat it for you:-

"I know a lot of people who had nothing but praise for Vietnam before Covid came along."

I have read nothing - only hearsay from people who have visited there (some on a few occasions) You may be right as far as living there is concerned, but I believe we are talking about tourists here - not residents?

Safety guarantee pigs' bottom ! I'm with you Caine - I have no intention of returning to LO Sh*t ever, & Mrs P feels exactly the same. I like beer or wine with my meal, (or any time really) and the stupid and senseless liquor hours that idiot Taksin brought in never cut it with me. Our daughter doesn't speak a word of Thai and has no interest in learning it. She's already learning two other languages (that she chose to learn) as several of her friends at school are also doing. Aged ten, after seven years in Oz she already knows exactly what she wants to study at Uni (Science) and she has read enough about her birth country to know that it is (a) extremely dangerous and not just on the roads, (b) has both filthy air and no food safety or chemical standards whatsoever and (c) is a place where corruption at all walks of life is considered normal. Wifey loves Oz, as the police in our little town still patrol several times a day, the air is 100% clean and it is incredibly safe - there has not (so far that is) even been a case of C-19 within 50 miles of here. I don't drink-drive either, as I love my family and I am a responsible person, something too many Thais are not. Yes we have lockdown, but I can go out shopping any time I want. Add to that what someone else posted - if you have money, LOS would be the last place you would choose to visit. I served my country proudly for over thirty years, invested wisely but still banked over half my military pension whilst living in LOS. We are now quite well off. We will most certainly travel again when it is supposedly safe to do so, but never again to Thailand. That being said, I'd go back to Laos in an instant. No stupid beer hours there, heh Mr Caine ! But that's just me ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

This Country is hardly likely to be believed on any Safety Guarantee.

Their track record on Safety for Tourists,is a little bit suspect to say the least.

I refer of course to the 49 Chinese Tourists that perished in Phuket during a Boat trip, the Tourists that perished on various Death Slides around the Country, all the people killed on the Roads, and all the other accidents that have occurred at multiple Tourist sites.

I think you should have quoted accidents as accidents (and "accidents")!

2 hours ago, connda said:

He's correct.  It was posted on TV awhile back and you can find it online on multiple sources along with similar posts on the Spotlight Thailand Facebook page.  Sorry, but....it's true.  Sucks, huh?  Dangerous?  Yes, those xenophobic, anti-foreigner post are truly dangerous.  Should these be 'taken down?'  No, they allow inquiring mind to see exactly what a sub-set of the Thai population thinks about foreigners as well as bringing awareness to the fact that some Thais harbour violent intent against foreigners.  All future tourist should be aware of this kind of dangerous resentment and hate.  Then can then plan their vacations accordingly.

popular-phuket-facebook-page-attacks-foreigners-tourists-in-thailand-covid-19-fears.jpg.0f40145ca6ded9668378a64eff7283ed.jpg

Did you look at the pic you posted ?

Heres your "armed vigilantes" , 

Utterly terrifying arent they !

Get a grip.

Any idiot can post nowadays , thus Im  stuck with answering one.

Let me tell you theres hardly any xenophobic , dangerous  Thai left here in Phuket ... they all went back home to Northern Thailand when the work dried up.

OH NO !

So ... quick !

Open  ever so careflly the curtain to the darkened room you tap away in , take a furtive look outside , then  grab your blunderbuster ... and imagine ... you can just hear those  jungle drums, cant you  ... 555

Says it all doesn't it....... TAT poster with a bird on it that looks like a Brian........ Sweet Jesus .... all the beautiful creatures you've seen hopping all over the place and they come up with this little gem....... Mind you at least TAT's consistent....... Consistently CR%P !   Oh dear, beam me up Scotty........

On 4/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, edwardandtubs said:

Welcome 'farang' to amazing Thailand!