Safety guarantee added to lure tourists back to ‘Amazing Thailand

snoop1130

Intelligent people are already going on holidays......to Sweden.

A place in which the outbreak of flu is being managed by a world leading epidemiologist and not Bill Gates or authoritarian toads.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/disease/coronavirus-tourism-in-sweden/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=RSS

Just government departments wanting to be seen doing something. Of course it will be useless but its about projecting the image, not the outcome. Politicians work the same way in every country, keep your name in the media, stay relevant.

NOT so "Amazing Thailand"

Alcohol sales 1100hrs -1400hrs and 1700hrs - 2200hrs or pay extra. 

During many Thai holidays ban at the shop chains or pay extra.

Thailand does NOT welcome tourists  

Edited by Pik
  • Like 2

That is not a guarantee, it is just words. A guarantee to get tourists back would be something like, We guarantee you that if you get rubbed on your visit in Thailand, we give you the double back. If you get into an accident we pay for high level of treatment and give you 500 000 baht".

A ''logo'' may help in a very few cases but the vast majority of tourists/visitors will be influenced by prices and hotel reviews.

And restaurants? Well, the menu, prices, and how it looks regardless of a logo stuck on the window will make the customers step over the threshold!

Anyway, it's all irrelevant as tourists won't come until they have paid off their coronovirus-caused debts and the airlines (those that survive) offer regular services at affordable prices -- which may be quite a long time!

18 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

Thailand has not been amazing for a long time.

Once the convid is under control, the vast majority of people will take 2 years just to make up for lost income.  On top of that people will be tackling their debt.

Ludicrous to think people en masse will be returning to Thailand, or any other country quickly.

How about treating the dirty Farang with more respect, get rid of dual pricing and actively abolishing scams.  That would be a small start.  And find a way of reducing the girls overcharging for opening their legs, with mostly rubbish service.

On the contrary. More and more amazing......;;

19 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

The main reason I left back in early February, not so much the virus itself, but Thai mentality 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Idiots. When they remove the COVID-19 "certificate" requirement, plus 100K USD insurance requirement, they may get some tourists back.

They don't seem to realise airlines worldwide have drastically curtailed services, because they have no passengers.

But China Southern is still flying!

2 minutes ago, Phuket Pete said:

Thailand guarantees your safety ! Was it a good idea to use a ladyboy for your advertising poster ?

Ha! Could have a had an over-turned speed boat floating in the background and a jet ski operator fighting with a farang.

2 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

But China Southern is still flying!

But they are not bringing in tourists are they, just people who can meet the requirements, or they are empty and just picking up passengers wishing to leave Thailand.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We have informed operators that to receive the logo, their businesses must meet or exceed the Public Health Ministry’s standard,” she explained

Standards for what? 

Where do the assessments for the logo take place, online or at the facility for which ever the "standard" is and for what. What are they accrediting?

How does this in anyway guarantee safety, safety from what? The virus or what??

Can one sue for compensation if what ever standard is breached and you were not safe from whatever?

19 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Optimism to the extreme.

The world travellers are much better informed now.

Tourists denied entry at airports. Tourists interrogated at airport. Tourist put in airport jail. Dual pricing and much more. All this make international news, travellers are aware and more and more tourists choose alternative destination, where they feel welcome.

Other countries IO welcome tourists to their country, and tourist can often extend without problem. This Thailand should learn from. Put a end to 'You come to often to Thailand', and all other nonsense regulation they created last 10 years.

Immigration need a total overhaul.

Yes tourism dept love you and immigration dept interrogate you or make you jump thru fiery hoops from barely suppressed disdain or even hatred. No wonder I am confused. Am I a security risk or am I a cash cow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Free beer and fags for tourists might work.....................:coffee1:

As for safety......Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....????.......???? 

Fags?? some tourists may not be heterosexually challenged ????

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

There is no reason Thailand cannot become the #1 luxury travel destination in the world.

Unfortunately, it has to do this if it wants to regain tourist income. The second wave of covid infections is a scientific certainty. Look to China to see what is coming next. Curve has been flat for two months and the country is essentially closed to foreigners. PRC do not want to allow the second wave to hit.

The second wave will destroy any realistic plan for rebuilding budget tourism this year. The only people who will be able to travel are those who can prove they are covid free before boarding and after landing. Only rich people will travel. Thailand must increase access to testing if it wants to run any sort tourism industry again, high end or otherwise.

There is no chance Thailand can become number 1 luxury travel destination in the world. 

It would take a complete and long term reinvention. Right now it is know for ladyboys, the sex trade and desperate retired men who cant afford to live a good life at home.

it maybe a little unfair but I can assure you it is absolutely true because that is what Thailand does. I know a good few wealthy people from my working life (unfortunately me not one of them) and they don't see Thailand as a destination at all. It just doesn't accommodate the people who have money. It is hardly Miami or the Algarve... A safety certificate will mean absolutely nothing to anyone except in the minds of the useless leaders and tourist board. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, grego49 said:

That will go down well if the foreign media gets hold of it,,,

ive not heard anything about this is it true or another bit of  false media...scary if it is im out here full time don't really need that <deleted> 

Had this idea last night before I read the story. First the foreigners can find a unicorn "No Risk of Covid-19 "Certificate". Then a $100,000USD Covid-19 policy. Arrive at HKT or BKK to be brought directly to your resort for 14 days.

A fixed menu of food and selected activities. 10 x local prices. Something like Club-Med with a fence of concertina wire. Sure they will have many takers.

54 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

Am I a security risk or am I a cash cow?

A cash cow...very definitly a cash cow..

There is no other criterion actually used in Thailand.

..and if you take them overseas then your chances do not improve by one little jot,either.

Edited by Odysseus123

20 hours ago, johng said:

Totally agree with that  but I'm afraid all they will do is go back to doing exactly what was done before

but  with even more Chinese.

I've seen a few posts recently where vendors have been apprehended by the BIB and fined for overcharging on hand gel and masks, so it can be done.

The problem is that was affecting tourists AND Thais - probably when it just affects tourists, you are right - same, same

19 hours ago, Logosone said:

They came back after a freakin' tsunami which was terrifying. They'll be back. Maybe not this year. But Thailand is still one of the top drawer attractions in the tourist world, not everyone is aware of the drawbacks like residents are.

There'll many cheap offers to be had soon to lure tourists back when the airports reopen.

"There'll many cheap offers"?

You obviously don't understand Thai logic - when you have few customers you put the prices UP!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Optimism to the extreme.

The world travellers are much better informed now.

Tourists denied entry at airports. Tourists interrogated at airport. Tourist put in airport jail. Dual pricing and much more. All this make international news, travellers are aware and more and more tourists choose alternative destination, where they feel welcome.

Other countries IO welcome tourists to their country, and tourist can often extend without problem. This Thailand should learn from. Put a end to 'You come to often to Thailand', and all other nonsense regulation they created last 10 years.

Immigration need a total overhaul.

Very well put post of the day. To which I would add there is no way they can guarantee safety. Thai BS.

If they enforce stupid visa regs and require health certificates and insurance, the tourists will go elsewhere.

We all know, they want our money but they don't want us. Farang cum Thailand too mut.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mancub said:

Given that the locals have become suspicious of and are now avoiding Jonny Foreigner like the ,ahem, plague, can't see them rushing back to tourist hotspots in a hurry to welcome them in their hordes either.

And we know who to blame for that, don't we, Mr Health Minister?

• Like 1

Im trying to imagine what sort of guarantee our local parasail boat will offer up.

A guarantee not to kill anybody swimming at our beach again  ?

They cant offer that - the victims are usually not even paying customers.

Not to mention  the jetski mobsters...and the sinking boats ...