Safety guarantee added to lure tourists back to ‘Amazing Thailand

snoop1130

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We have informed operators that to receive the logo, their businesses must meet or exceed the Public Health Ministry’s standard,” she explained.

smelly farangs free zone sticker

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

How about treating the dirty Farang with more respect, get rid of dual pricing and actively abolishing scams.  That would be a small start.  And find a way of reducing the girls overcharging for opening their legs, with mostly rubbish service.

i think it is way beyond that

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Idiots. When they remove the COVID-19 "certificate" requirement, plus 100K USD insurance requirement, they may get some tourists back.

They don't seem to realise airlines worldwide have drastically curtailed services, because they have no passengers.

Even worse. They had better hope not too many countries follow Australia's initiative, announced today. They have banned international travel for 6 months, until October.

The way they word this report it's like tourists are going somewhere else and need to be lured back to Thailand. There are no tourists and won't be any for quite some time. Where will they come from? Maybe Chinese and Indian tourists only. The oil rich Middle Eastern countries have taken a huge pay cut with near zero oil prices, so they may be out too.

Assuming Thailand had normal tourist numbers in January and February and half in March and then until the end of the year, zero tourists, that's an 80% drop at least.

3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

Hope it goes nationwide in the kingdom .

Farangs , go home .  

I have ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

And find a way of reducing the girls overcharging for opening their legs, with mostly rubbish service.

Maybe it has not occurred to you that you may be the problem, not the girls. If you are fat, smelly, dressed like a hobo, drunk, or aggressive, it's somewhat unreasonable to expect enthusiasm.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

they haven't managed it in 30 years now suddenly Thailand is safe :cheesy:

That's because everybody is locked up. I think the guarantee is they'll throw you in a quarantine until you return back where you came from - without the $ you had. Pretty safe.

Edited by DrTuner

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

How exactly do they intend to guarantee safety for tourists, when they have been utterly incapable of it in the past?

By changing the slogan  from  Amazing  Thailand to , NEW Amazing  Thailand, even fooled  me and I wrote it! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

They have banned international travel for 6 months, until October.

Phew, just about when another wave might hit Europe.

We will give them Corona in October then. ????

Maybe they just shut down forever?

(sarcasm, they should open in July like all the others, anything else is insane).

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, lkv said:

Phew, just about when another wave might hit Europe.

We will give them Corona in October then. ????

Maybe they just shut down forever?

(sarcasm, they should open in July like all the others, anything else is insane).

Ok sure (not)... July and August are the 2 high season months in Europe . By far majority of countries in Europe ( Eastern side of Europe is better ) are heavily hit , and you think they going to let tourism in these months to go ahead ? Tourism with packed beaches in Italy , Spain , France or anywhere else for that matter ? You are dreaming ....

• Like 2

A Korean company has a covid test that gives result in 15 minutes. Test everyone when they arrive at the airport. Better yet test them before they come to Thailand.

Next offer free quarantine accommodations and free medical coverage if a tourist gets sick in Thailand.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sezze said:

You are dreaming ....

Am I?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/greece-could-bring-strict-rules-18154296

Mr Theoharis says Greece could open to holidaymakers in July, adding: "Once measures are relaxed a good month will be required to prepare the ground for the [tourism] engine to get started.

"Tour operators are waiting and hoping we can come up with the right rules so that we can start bringing visitors in. We have to strike the right balance … be cautious, tough it out and make the best of it.”

11 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What does one claim?How do you claim if you die?At least you can enjoy eating a chocolate teapot ever tried getting your money back in Thailand anyone?

Incredibly yes.

I once receive a tax rebate from the Thai tax office for 10,000 Baht. Mind you, it was nearly twenty years ago.

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Idiots. When they remove the COVID-19 "certificate" requirement, plus 100K USD insurance requirement, they may get some tourists back.

They don't seem to realise airlines worldwide have drastically curtailed services, because they have no passengers.

You're absolutely right. No one can get a test in most places unless they are sick. This is laughable. 
Looking into Aruba for the summer. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What does one claim?How do you claim if you die?At least you can enjoy eating a chocolate teapot ever tried getting your money back in Thailand anyone?

Got 5,000bht back from a BKB ATM transaction that didn't pay out yesterday.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's me (you forgot bald), but I do expect the money to generate a certain amount of 'Romance'.

I see now what I was doing wrong when I was on the bar scene. Quite a few of the women wanted the relationship to go past short time/long time. Difficult to disengage.

• Haha 1