Foreigners not wearing helmets

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

From your last post about being out on your scooter, it would seem you are sensible to wear a helmet..

As for the others, don't worry about it.. Won't harm you if they don't wear a lid !!

Yeah, all this disregard for safety.

Its messing with my mind.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes, no need for a helmet if you have a face mask...maybe a strong amulet can help too.

Yup,  I'll put my faith in an amulet.

Been proven they're much more powerful than a helmet, as long as you don't drive a motorbike.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

I wear a helmet for long journeys, if im just going to the local shop down the road i dont bother.

Statistically aren't most road accidents likely to occur near to your home than anywhere else?

edit: Sorry, I just noticed Surelynot posted the same as I was writing this.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I go out running sometimes.. Sometimes I run fast, maybe even as fast as someone on a "slow cruise"..

I'd never consider wearing a helmet while running, even though someone could crash into me at any time..

Very drole.

• Like 2

If i go riding on my "motorbike" i always wear a helmet, however, on my scooter I don't. I live in a smallish rural village, navigating through rice fields (dirt tracks) with little to no traffic is great, rarely see above 20kph.

Having said that, if I lived in say BKK or Phuket, i would definitely wear a stack hat on the scooter. 

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I think it is a stupid law any place in the world.

A person can smoke themselves to death.

Drink themselves to death.

Etc.

All legal ways to potentially harm/kill ones self by these personal choices.

Not wearing a helmet should be a personal choice, not a law.

As long as they don't expect the state to pay for any hospital bills where they live - assuming the accident involved a head injury.

I am one of those that say it should be a personal choice.  Most things in life are....still for the time being.  People smoke tobacco products, drink alcohol and eat junk food like Mcdonalds which are in many cases harmful long term.  But I always have a stack hat in the topbox.  They are very handy when your in a heavy rainfall situation.  

Ps: And if you do get pulled over by the cops here the fine is 100 baht, same as not wearing a seatbelt!

Edited by Grumpy John
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Statistically aren't most road accidents likely to occur near to your home than anywhere else?

edit: Sorry, I just noticed Surelynot posted the same as I was writing this.

Of course statistics show that, that what most people do duh.!!