Booze ban extended until further notice

Guderian

Nationwide, not just in Pattaya or Chonburi, but I thought it worth posting here for those thinking of heading out to the Makro beer section at 11:00 AM tomorrow, lol.

It's on the Pattaya News website, though it's playing up at the moment and it's hard to read anything on there. I know it's true, though, as the GF just confirmed it, and did I detect a hint of som nahm na in her tone? She thinks I drink too much, the cheek or it!

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

And I doubt that will be the end of it. The GF was telling me (well, as best I can understand) that the booze ban wasn't so much about Songkran as discouraging people from demonstrating against the government. Now she thinks people are getting even angrier because the extension of the ban has zilch to do with the virus and everything to do with politics and keeping the paysans in their place. 

I think they will end the ban on alcohol on the 31st May, but I can't see nightclubs etc being allowed to open.  Not that they would bother to open anyway.

• Like 2

So it is kind of confusing. One article further in the lest states the 1st & 2nd only a ban on the 3rd again is possible & the article linked says after the 3rd alcohol is permitted. Anyone know thew real dates? I need a bottle of brandy to mix with Kahlua. I am over white Russians & rum doesn't mix to well with Kahlua. If it is only tomorrow left I will go to Macro? anyone know the real date to buy?

I only hope Richard Barrow is right and it's not just going to be a 2-day reprieve to stock up until the next ban. Heck, I'll bet the stores will be busy with every man and his dog trying to get a month's supply of their favourite liquor just in case. 

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I just got some, but had to pay over the odds for it.

The GF has got a Leo supplier up in Laem Chabang. She's paying 80 Baht for a bottle but I can't tell if it's the large or small size. Just goes to show that, when the chips are down, it's not what you know, it's who you know that matters. 

10 hours ago, Guderian said:

The GF has got a Leo supplier up in Laem Chabang. She's paying 80 Baht for a bottle but I can't tell if it's the large or small size

Hopefully large... previously a case was about 520 or so, 44 baht/ bottle. 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hopefully large... previously a case was about 520 or so, 44 baht/ bottle. 

568 jack is the cheapest you,ll get it for a case of 12 large bottles... :thumbsup:

Does anybody know the status is regarding the booze ban in Pattaya this morning?

There's only one hour before B-Day arrives at 11:00 AM, lol, and I don't see any approval or refusal from the Guvnor.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:43 PM, Guderian said:

The GF has got a Leo supplier up in Laem Chabang. She's paying 80 Baht for a bottle but I can't tell if it's the large or small size. Just goes to show that, when the chips are down, it's not what you know, it's who you know that matters. 

She is skimming off the top.. 

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Does anybody know the status is regarding the booze ban in Pattaya this morning?

There's only one hour before B-Day arrives at 11:00 AM, lol, and I don't see any approval or refusal from the Guvnor.

Plenty of reports of places selling alcohol. Problem might be they are selling fast and limited stock.