Thailand to allow alcohol sales after three-week ban: officials

rooster59

They should also remove the time restrictions for buying alcohol.

I can imagine that at 11 am tomorrow the 7-11's will be very busy.

I just hope that people can avoid opening their purchases as soon as they leave the shops.
I don't want to see the ban re-introduced because of "gatherings" all chugging down beer outside the shops.

• Like 2

As a protest against these draconian measures I will not be going out and purchasing any alcohol tomorrow.

Yeah right. I'm heading into town tomorrow to show the Thais how to panic buy like a professional ????.

• Haha 1

My local Tops market removed all the beer from the shelves and cooler. They put tea and water on the shelves.  Now the poor employees have to remove the tea/water and put the beer back up.  But for how long?  Also, the Air Conditioning at this location is either off or at a high temp because every time I go in it seems rather warm.  I’m looking out for the employees and the sale of alcohol should never be banned again.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Chassa said:

To read ThaiVisa you would think that Thais don't drink beer.

...and it would appear, by reading the urgency to have the ban lifted, that beer is highly addictive! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Bring back Singha Light and dump that horrible MyBeer.

I have emailed Boonrawd Trading Co accordingly....... still waiting for a reply. 

I am still waiting for a reply to my query over increasing the abv from 3.5%%............ ????

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I guess they managed to strike a deal for 2 billionaire families to "help" them after all..

I wonder how much had to be added to the piggies trough to get the ban lifted ??

Pure speculation!

Time for a social distance party. Let’s all get on our motorbike, with masks and without helmets, and run down to buy beer. But then there are 4 of us on the motorbike....that’s Thai social distancing. Don’t you love this country? 

36 minutes ago, Susco said:

Looks like Barrow was confused or got the wrong info, because the 2 day window to purchase, actually turned out to be a 2 day extension

He seems quite unapologetic about it. Unless I missed that bit. 

Jai Yen Yen guys Just listening to the Thai news it could stop anytime soon and it seems they will leave it upto each province whether to ban or not.

Not looking forward to going to Makro Sunday I think it will be chaotic  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Whether you agree with an alcohol ban or not, this tin pot government's handling of the issue has been staggeringly incompetent.

If you want to understand what incompetent really means, look to the west.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2