Ban on sale of alcoholic beverages lifted (Photos)

webfact

I've read in the past there are holidays were many people are killed on the highways because of drunks. I'd imagine a months ban on alcohol sales would save many live during these periods, more than saved during the Covid-19 crises. I see alcohol bans during several future holiday periods for the benefit of all. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

I've read in the past there are holidays were many people are killed on the highways because of drunks. I'd imagine a months ban on alcohol sales would save many live during these periods, more than saved during the Covid-19 crises. I see alcohol bans during several future holiday periods for the benefit of all. 

Why not just ban all motor vehicles? Or mobile phones? Plenty of traffic deaths are caused by distractions like mobile devices. Tobacco kills many more worldwide than road accidents and it is not banned. Bans usually punish all due to the actions of the few. How about the fools just be responsible and not get in or on a motor vehicle when imbibing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why are people stocking up? Because they do not trust the authorities to bring the ban back to show who is in charge or some other mindless reason. Like all authoritarian regimes they like to let people know who is in control, in this case the alcohol companies as the ban for the month of May was reversed within a day, just dragged it out a few days for implementation (time for the shops to stock up?).

The biggest problem is going to get the muppets in charge to give up all the extra controls they have when this is over, they like the power and will want to keep it. Not just in Thailand either.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 8:11 AM, DrTuner said:

it's ok for katoys to bitchslap each other on prime time TV

That one talk show on Thai Rath. Something about eggs (kai) in the name. Two sit at a table, one always sits on the floor drawing on a whiteboard. It would be a lot more interesting if they started slapping each other.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:15 AM, graemeaylward said:

This is so sad! What is wrong with people? A few days without alcohol and they go crazy! There are so many more tasty and healthy drinks available! 

There are ? :burp:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Why not just ban all motor vehicles? Or mobile phones? Plenty of traffic deaths are caused by distractions like mobile devices. Tobacco kills many more worldwide than road accidents and it is not banned. Bans usually punish all due to the actions of the few. How about the fools just be responsible and not get in or on a motor vehicle when imbibing. 

Exactly; now the governments have a precedent to do all those things.

• Like 1