Wearing a mask while running ‘very harmful’

snoop1130

Wearing the same mask daily with no idea how to put it on and take it off safely and dispose it is not only unsafe, but lets see how this works with this and other pathogens.  Perhaps the virus load will make the wearer stronger?

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Also, don't wear one of those 3M N95 masks when you've got a belting hangover. I nearly passed out. 

They are ace. I am glad I stocked up on them. It's true though that they do have their limitations. I recall running up flights of stairs in February and feeling like I was doing some kind of high altitude training. They do become more comfortable and breathing is much easier when you wear them more frequently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

With my slice I have been practicing social distancing for years............

With my hook we could easily play together on different fairways. ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There was an article the other day in an English news paper about wearing a mask to long, there has been a spate of car accidents due to the build up of carbon monoxide in the mask

Carbon monoxide? From engine exhaust?

I want to be sure I get this right;  If I'm walking to 7-11 to buy booze I'm required to wear a mask, but If I'm walking around the block for exercise and it happens to have a 7-11 on all 4 corners I don't need a mask?

13 hours ago, Logosone said:

The last thing you need in 40 degrees heat is to wear a mask.

Not only is a mask uncomfortable but life-threatening, the truth is finally out.

Anyway, it's a moot point, I never wear my mask now on principle. Went shopping, restaurant, never an issue with anybody.

Proud to be a <deleted>.

Like smoking in public, it's not acceptable - WE don't know if you're infected, so WE insist you wear a mask to protect US. It's not for your own benefit.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

With my slice I have been practicing social distancing for years............

I think you'll find you have plenty of company, most golfers who are not on a single figure handicap hit a draw by sheer accident.

I don't wear a mask on the course, exercise should not involve impeded breathing. A bit of sense from the authorities at last.

19 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Proud to be a <deleted>.

Like smoking in public, it's not acceptable - WE don't know if you're infected, so WE insist you wear a mask to protect US. It's not for your own benefit.

We ?? Talk for yourself..  I don't mind if people don't wear masks... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

But if you don't wear a mask you'll be responsible for killing people with Covid-19.  How dare you!  How selfish!  Buy a treadmill or stop running. 

Try to keep it real and don't lose your sense of reality.

No one has caught Corona from a runner or cyclist. 80% of cases are caught in the home. Groups in confined inside areas has got to be the highest risk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Try to keep it real and don't lose your sense of reality.

No one has caught Corona from a runner or cyclist. 80% of cases are caught in the home. Groups in confined inside areas has got to be the highest risk

Just run over or pushed over by them showboaters. 

In our moo baan there are lots of people every evening exercising, cycling, running, walking, playing soccer or badminton.  I go out every evening to cycle for about an hour.  Nobody ever wears a mask.  It’s just too damn hot with a mask on.  This has been happening since the social distancing rules came in.  Not going to change either.

The anaerobic experience when wearing a mask won’t hurt you .. more  BS!

if, if have u dwelling heart or other conditions e.g. diabetes or high blood pressure this can cause issues. If your workout is hard anaerobically (a mask simulates this condition before the body naturally reaches this point) then a person can Actually pass-out but this can happen without a mask too.

Simply monitor and adjust your workout intensity to compensate.

A mask will put more strain on your heart and make working out -  running, sparring, pad and bag work, cycling skipping etc harder though.

I was a semi-professional, winning athlete in my youth so I have direct experience of deliberately working out on low oxygen levels to improve power to stamina ratios.

• Like 1