Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

The "cabinet is reviewing time limits in malls" that's what these mental Giants do all day ? The economy may suffer ? Well They did it they're responsible not the populus ! This can't be happening, I need a drink..

Stuck in a B movie...

• Sad 1

Timendress thinks the policies in Thailand are ridiculous.

He should go to the USA where they now have 1.2 MILLION

cases and 70,000 Deaths.

Here , with a total case load of 3,000 and 55 deaths, I think'

most people are happy to stay safe and Aware.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

what if you are in a long checkout line at the 2 hour point ? typical thai thought process (lack of)

But if the limit the amount of people in the mall surely there won't be long checkout lines ( unless everyone in the mall goes to the same till in the same shop at the same time )

12 hours ago, Logosone said:

This is totally idiotic.

So you could make a trip to a shopping mall only to be told 'sorry no can enter, full up'.

These malls have supermarkets attached, just to do your shopping for European goods takes 2 hours. What  if you want to stroll around before that? The whole point of a mall is to while away the time. There are restaurants. So no eating at restaurants and shopping?

Idiotic nonsense.

It takes one hour to pay in Tops....such long queue's there.

• Like 1

I heard that they will give the customer one of those little dye bombs that they put in large money packs which explode and cover the thief in dye. They will be set to go off after 2 hours if not returned and disarmed !!

• Haha 1

The "cabinet is reviewing time limits in malls" that's what these mental Giants do all day ? The economy may suffer ? Well They did it they're responsible not the populus ! This can't be happening, I need a drink..

Stuck in a B movie...

• Sad 1

what if you are in a long checkout line at the 2 hour point ? typical thai thought process (lack of)

It’s your responsibility to make sure you are in the line early enough to be checked out within the 2 hour time limit. Also why would there be a long line if shopper are limited in number?

typical farang thought process.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

Just as now, they would close all entrances except one. The time limit could be controlled by the use of coloured wrist bands, similar to some water parks that have a time limit.

more interesting question, what penalty for overstay?

13 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances? Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit? Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

There really is no cure for stupidity.

When I want to stop people coming in my house, I close the doors.

Actually, such measures should already be in place in places like Makro - maximum 2 people per trolley and a limit on the number of people allowed inside.

Easy to monitor - count them in one door, count them out the other... if you can't manage that, then you print however many passes you wish to employ and have people pick them up going in and leave them behind going out. Nobody comes in if there's no pass... but what do you do if people forget to come out after 2 hours?

However, as we've seen with the idiotic chaos in Megabangna car park (including 'no double parking' zones) that come from ten million people all deciding to go hang out at the Mall every weekend - the idea of limits is a criminial concept to the Thai mind.

Everyone is entitled.

4 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

2Hrs is as much time as ive spent in them in 20 years. Yet My Wife spends 2 Hrs looking at Handbags.

Here is where domestic violence starts, stupid woman spending 2 hours looking at handbags,   divorce the silly woman

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Or perish the thought, humans are such intelligent beings that one would assume they are aware of the rule and would plan their shopping/visit to allow for such an eventuality and avoid being in such predicament.

He looks boring, he is boring, his government is boring, his measures are boring, should I go on... In short, anyone who's a boring person please come to Prayut's Thailand! And about the two hour shopping limit, that's going to be painful for many windowshoppers... Have a nice day. ????????

I've never spent two whole hours in a mall in my whole life. In any case, indoor malls are passé in the States, but I can understand their continued relevance in Southeast Asia and Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc. An air-conditioned place to shop and browse is essential in those places.

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Typical Thai bashing thread within seconds of the thread opening. Where in the op does it say this hasn't been thought about?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Unenforceable in malls, what are they going to give a ticket when entering and what time to leave. This is just micromanaging people lives to the extreme.

Spain started to lift restrictions. Allowed adults out of their homes till 10am, then they had to go back in so the elderly could come out till mid day, then they go in so the children can come out.

Appears the Thai bashers are oblivious to the outside world.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

When they take your temp ,a guy with a  magic marker will put the time of entry on your forehead .????

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We expect the impact on the economy to last for quite awhile, not only three months, but possibly six or nine months,

The economic impact will likely last for years, worldwide.

14 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances? 

I went to the hospital the other week, entrances had been reduced to just one for each building. Temperature screening, hand gel and a questionaire before entry.

Other countries have been restricting numbers in shops since it started, why expect anything different.

• Like 2