Tesco Lotus sets new procedure for alcoholic beverages sales amid Covid-19 risk

webfact

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

One more alcohol-related topic. 

One more news on the topic ... it's just 1, 2 days that this restriction got lifted.

Should it get ignored, not reported by TVF?

I think it's great piece of news. Well done Tesco.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kildonan said:

Tesco Lotus, was bought out by a Thai company,, owners of 7/11??

OK.  That explains why the disabled parking spaces at my local Tesco are clogged up with motorbikes.  Actually it does not explain it at all because Big C and Makro manage to organise disabled parking quite well.

• Like 1

VG Macro pork counter like a Donald Trump rally in Phitsanulok and saw a que 30m long shoulder to shoulder in Tops for some special offer I presume...no drink here but doesn't lessen the stupidity of some store managers

1 hour ago, transam said:

But the farang type operation sticks...????

It's called "Using their LOAF"...........................????

If they used there loaf they would have delivered. I buy mine soi19 go in and pay and they are brought to my hotel room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Makro was bedlam the day before alcohol went on sale. They should open the shop, say 9am, then let in x number of people, then shut the doors. Everyone else must queue up (as if that's possible lol), and let on one trolley in for every trolley exiting. Thais are supposedly tolerant. I'm sure they can deal with that 55

Except that you can't buys alcohol at 9 am. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

I don't normally do any"tugging" while buying alcohol. That is reserved for when I'm alone in the privacy of my own home....

We thought you were....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lee b said:

It makes alot of sense, the scenes from a few days back were shocking.

Nothing new, it was exactly the same when the shelves were empty during the floods.

i was in Big C one day and saw a pallet truck come through the plastic curtain, like piranha, within seconds all that was left was a pallet and a pile of clingfilm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Five customers are allowed to enter the alley at one time and they have to be at least one metre away from one another.

I would find this embarrassing.  No other countries in the region behave this way.  One of the few joys Thai have left is an occasional drink.  Don't think they drink as much as those in Indochina, and yet there is order.   It is just embarrassing.

• Like 1