do you acknowledge other farangs?

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I was outside a 7/11 sheltering from a exstreamly heavy downpore of rain as a falang approched i in humor said ' another fine day in paradise'  he replied abruptly " Do I Know You!"

Perhaps he thought you was trying to chat him up.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Calling someone an idiot when you know nothing about them shows everyone your intelligence. And saying everyone HAS a prejudice doesn't imply it's against people. Don't quote other people and think it's a fact. You by your posts have shown prejudice to everyone here. I have a Thai wife and 1/2 Thai daughter, I've lived next door to blacks, puerto ricans, hispanics and everything else and considered them my friends. Prejudice is learned at an early age, usually from parents, and mine weren't. Some of my friends have shown prejudice and I've corrected them in their statements, knowing it was taught by their parents personally. I have nothing against Muslims, even though a lot call them terrorists. Nothing against the Chinese, although it was them who supposedly started this pandemic. I always stick up for any minority if I see them being <deleted> on. I'm prejudiced against ignorant know it alls that have to show their hate. I think women are my equals,and I'm not a chauvinist. I'm a Christian,but show no disrespect towards any other religions. My son is gay, and I've never had any hate towards gays, even when they hit on me in gyms I've worked out at. I respect others opinions, and disagreeing isn't prejudice. I don't call you an idiot. You might be one, but I don't know you,so all I can say is that you are wrong in your guessing. These are the common prejudices..................

• Racism.
  • Sexism.
  • Classism.
  • Homophobia.
  • Nationalism.
  • Religious prejudice.
  • Ageism.
  • Xenophobia..............I have none of them.

There U go again, Idiot was used in general context to anyone not understanding, not at an individual. But it sent You into a Rant.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

Personally I avoid other Farangs like I would the plaque!! Judging by the daily sarcastic, negative comments I read on here to topics from fellow farangs I made the right choice over the last 20 years!!

now what plaque would that be? if you are going to slag us all off at least use the correct word.

• Haha 1

Just now, kingdong said:

Then why bother being a member of thaivisa?

As far as I know being white isn't a requirement to join ThaiVISA.

But posting in English is.

I'm happy to speak with other Brits from London or the South of England (of any skin colour), but not so desperate that I need to approach every white person I see in an attempt to find one.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm happy to speak with other Brits from London or the South of England (of any skin colour), but not so desperate that I need to approach every white person I see in an attempt to find one.

Up to you

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

Personally I avoid other Farangs like I would the plaque!! Judging by the daily sarcastic, negative comments I read on here to topics from fellow farangs I made the right choice over the last 20 years!!

But you're on here.....????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Ive got a "He Looks like a". attitude towards ferangs. Warning Lights Flash when i see a Millennial Oik in a Shirt n Tie, Teacher or God Squad idle type creatures mainly. . Digital Nomads, easy to spot, lurks about looking for free internet places .A raggy <deleted> lot full of confidence but no Money. Anyone in Bicycle Lycra Romper attire..Germans in Black Socks. Any. Ferang with a great big FORD sign on his Truck. If you go for a walk, and sit down by a 60 ish ferang retired with good pension thats as near you will get to a ferang worth acknowledging.

Some of the most intersting people I've met were teachers. Some of the richest I know are digital nomads. I've also had great discussions with the missionaries on bikes, they are very friendly.

I guess you are 60ish :cheesy:

When I was in my 20s, I would never talk to 60ish men, I thought they were all perverted sexpats. 

I like the millenials and other backpackers, they are the type of people that are more adventurous and if not for the young hippies, the 60ish retired tax inspectors would never have had the courage to join that Thai lust lines dating site. 

• Like 1

What I have noticed is that when the Thai wife/girlfriend is dragging the foreigner around Big C etc, he looks just has fed up as he does in his own country ????. Maybe that is why when I say hello in my happy voice he fails to respond. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I know being white isn't a requirement to join ThaiVISA.

But posting in English is.

So you're the guy that ignored me because I'm from Yorkshire.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

No...

You taught swimming...? ????

It's " sawn jorakay wai naam" which means "teach your grandmother to suck eggs".

There's a great thread where you can learn one Thai word a day - not quite as easy as 'word association' but certainly something more beneficial to do with your time ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

It's " sawn jorakay wai naam" which means "teach your grandmother to suck eggs".

There's a great thread where you can learn one Thai word a day - not quite as easy as 'word association' but certainly something more beneficial to do with your time ????

Nooooooooooooooooooo thank you.....I am quite happy not understanding the lingo....????....????

On 5/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, n210mp said:

When you have been on "here" a little longer and have a few more posts in your "Cred wallet" you will understand...

That's a new (and unlikely) one!   After a certain number of posts, being a Thaivisa member gives one "Cred" [sic]?  Nah, don't think so.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:
6 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why?

A lot more in common, even if we come from different English speaking countries. (or just speak enough english to communicate)

That's a reason for a minority to "stick together"?  Really?  I'm glad that I make sure that I mind my own business when out in public!

On 5/11/2020 at 10:27 AM, Bob A Kneale said:

That's odd, I was raised in the north west and strangers' reactions and attitudes in general were the exact opposite of those you claim existed then!

Possibly you are different in ages?