In leaked call, Obama describes Trump handling of virus as chaotic

rooster59

28 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If Trump had strategic vision he would have known that that the best way to contain China without war would have been to expand and define international trade using western rules by ratifying the Trans Pacific Partnership.  He'd recognize that in view of US demographics and an increasingly competitive world the US needs large scale controlled immigration.  Also he'd understand the obvious fact that when the economy is doing well a leader with strategic vision will reduce the federal deficit, not run it up.

Obviously you don't like his strategic vision, but this is a debate that could go on forever. 

None of that matters now as the economy of the whole western world has shut down. I take it you blame him for that too?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Obviously you don't like his strategic vision, but this is a debate that could go on forever. 

None of that matters now as the economy of the whole western world has shut down. I take it you blame him for that too?

SK didn't need nationwide shutdown. Why?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Yeah, you might wanna take another look at that post.   Close your eyes and squeeze really hard, and maybe you'll have a light bulb moment.  If not.....then I wish you well with your crusade to rid the Internet of spelling errors.    Maybe when that's eradicated, you can focus on grammar.

I know exactly what you did in that post, no worries.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't minor once the POTUS interfered in a local matter and not forgotten.

What is minor, is the OP. It's so minor it doesn't even figure here. I've heard no mention of it at all.

I see.  How do you feel about Trump encouraging protests against lock-downs in states with Democratic governors, while discouraging a relaxation of the lock-down in Georgia under Republican Governor Kemp?  Do these qualify as interference in local matters?

You'll be happy to address that question.  It is definitely part of Trump's chaotic handling of the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

trump's attempt at rebuttal...

trump accuses Obama of "biggest political crime in US history"

The tweet echoed previous messages retweeted by Trump, which earned rebukes for relaying conspiracy theories. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/10/trump-obama-biggest-political-american-history-russia-michael-flynn

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Calling this response chaotic, was an incredibly diplomatic thing to say. It has been downright awful. It is far worse than the Bush response to Katrina, which was another historic failure of the American people. Trump has failed his biggest  test. He needs to be replaced. The election could not come soon enough. Bye bye Don!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Ya, and that's why he is president, because he doesn't concern himself with presidential custom. What protocol? Who's protocol? Is there a presidential course that one must take in order to become president? Maybe they will teach candicates to keep their hands off the voters and not to sniff their hair.

are you now secretly implying that biden IS fit to be president?

there is now a media kerfluffle about his actions regarding ladies, and possibly even a lawsuit because, now get this, the lady claims "he grabbed her by the pussy."

if that's not following presidential protocol, i dunno what is!

MAGA!  (make america gropey again!)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Calling this response chaotic, was an incredibly diplomatic thing to say. It has been downright awful. It is far worse than the Bush response to Katrina, which was another historic failure of the American people. Trump has failed his biggest  test. He needs to be replaced. The election could not come soon enough. Bye bye Don!

"...Calling this response chaotic, was an incredibly diplomatic thing to say. It has been downright awful."  Please change the word awful to derelict. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

are you now secretly implying that biden IS fit to be president?

there is now a media kerfluffle about his actions regarding ladies, and possibly even a lawsuit because, now get this, the lady claims "he grabbed her by the pussy."

if that's not following presidential protocol, i dunno what is!

MAGA!  (make america gropey again!)

Strange, she was interviewed just 2 days ago and said that didn't happen, she was referring to basic over friendliness. 

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Strange, she was interviewed just 2 days ago and said that didn't happen, she was referring to basic over friendliness. 

i'm confused.  are you saying when she confirms he did it, she meant he didn't do it?  maybe she was just being sarcastic?

as for "creepy joe", just following doctor trump's garbled advice....bringing light into the body, through the skin....or some other way.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

trump's attempt at rebuttal...

trump accuses Obama of "biggest political crime in US history"

The tweet echoed previous messages retweeted by Trump, which earned rebukes for relaying conspiracy theories. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/10/trump-obama-biggest-political-american-history-russia-michael-flynn

What a ridiculous deflection campaign. Trump must feel hopeless. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'll definitely give you that point.  trump did pull all the troops out of iraq, and syria, and afghanistan,   it warms my maga heart to know he left them as fledgling jeffersonian democracies, creating a more stabler muddled east.  it's super awesome that we are no longer supporting the war in yemen, as well as random regime-change operations around the world.

it's just extra confeve that our military is no longer suffering casualties in senseless wars, and no longer killing innocent civilians.  that was bigly wise of him!  now that he's considering stripping china of sovereign immunity, we could also become the target of lawsuits by other countries and individuals.  it would be a real shame if ICC investiga.....oh, right.

Funny you should say that. I was just preparing to sue the US for the fact that their twisted bankers with their CDS etc, totally wreaked the world economy from 2008 on for many years. Nice little retirement nest egg I hoped.

54 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Have you seen a photo of the woman making the accusation? Jesus, Biden would have had to be blind drunk AND senile to even think about it. Ugly as a hatful of bums.

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Have you seen a photo of the woman making the accusation? Jesus, Biden would have had to be blind drunk AND senile to even think about it. Ugly as a hatful of bums.

nice.  you think she's ugly, 27 years after the alleged incident.

are you implying that makes her a liar?  if she gets botox and fake boobs, will that make the allegations believable?

• Like 2