Aviation authority announces new timings for airports in Thailand

webfact

40 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

only totally stupid idioty fly to europe now, thailand have lot lot better country stay and lot safety than any europe country now corona virus. problem. all asian have better than idiot western countries. finland and sweden have worst country go now, finland hqas fail all safe citicens, sweden no safe sweden think need corona come ewery people and then looking who live or not. finland lot same goverment no matter how many citicen die no want do anythink ,new PM have idiot woman.

I could think of a few exceptions, if a part of your family is about to pass away and you had a real close relationship with them. You are quick to judge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Obviously they wouldn’t allow a flight to land that would break any curfew or law.

of course not now would they, but just what if, humor me.  If they wouldn't allow a flight to land after curfew then I would guess the airport workers would be the only one there then...

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

I think they may allow only flights from countries with low rate of infections like China, South Korea and Japan

Low rate of infection? The numbers in China and Japan are pure fiction - nothing to do with reality. I do hope you're right though as I'm in Japan waiting for Thailand to re-open...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, at15 said:

Philippines opened international flights today on May 11. 

With very limited restrictions and what is going to be small numbers.

Its not as if they have opened up the skies again.

4 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

It was the last line of the very short post.

No, it wasn’t. Flights banned till the end of the months is not the same as flights allowed next month......

Edited by damascase
  • Like 1

Just a note to remind people to check the IATA travel site for anything they may show.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com

International-travel-document-news

With many countries it does not currently help much because it just says there are currently no flights, and you have to look for more detail elsewhere.

However, its going to be important to check what you can for destinations, and any transit points.

Eg it is currently not possible to transit hong kong. Similar rules may apply in the middle east. Best check.

Things may start happening quickly from end of may. Many countries seem to expect resumptions in june.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, finnishmen said:

only totally stupid idioty fly to europe now, thailand have lot lot better country stay and lot safety than any europe country now corona virus. problem. all asian have better than idiot western countries.

It's ok lah.

Better be here in Europe, I am waiting with great interest for Schengen to reopen.

Santorini is also waiting for my money.

And if I want Asian vibes, I am sure Bali will be open even sooner.

Thailand can stay closed all they want, and people can travel between provinces with quarantine, whilst i travel internationally with no quarantine.

In countries where there is common sense and military dictatorships are not playing silly games.

• Like 1

“This is the last time I’ll be flying for a very long time,” Dr. Ethan Weiss tweeted yesterday from a crowded United Airlines flight from Newark to San Francisco. “People on this plane are scared/shocked.”960x0.jpg.b959e01dfa5abeabe2b4f401cfb7c3ad.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alex2554 said:

“This is the last time I’ll be flying for a very long time,” Dr. Ethan Weiss tweeted yesterday from a crowded United Airlines flight from Newark to San Francisco. “People on this plane are scared/shocked.”960x0.jpg.b959e01dfa5abeabe2b4f401cfb7c3ad.jpg

If they are scared/shocked they got no one to blame but themselves....no one forced them onto the plane.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pib said:

If they are scared/shocked they got no one to blame but themselves....no one forced them onto the plane.

Yeah, that's what they all say.

Until the next flight. ????

7 hours ago, at15 said:

you guys are completely out to lunch, coronavirus is pretty much over in asia.

Doubt if South Korea would agree.

South Korea warned of a second wave of the new coronavirus on Sunday as infections rebounded to a one-month high, just as the authorities were starting to ease some pandemic restrictions.

"It's not over until it's over," President Moon Jae-in told the nation, saying a new cluster shows the virus can spread widely at any time, and warning of a second wave late this year.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/05/10/south-koreas-moon-warns-of-covid-19-second-wave-as-cases-rebound.html

1 hour ago, SVC Porter said:

Does anyone else find it odd that many airlines are selling flights later in the summer?  Do they really think you'll be allowed say a flight from Euro Zone to BKK via HK as early as August?

I had a flight booked with Emirates for 1st August and last week they altered the timings. When I booked I think there were about 20 combinations available BKK to MAN and it appears they have cut that down to about half. There must be a fairly strong view that the flights will take place for them to reschedule.

Emirates are a bit ahead of the curve, they have on trial a blood test that can be done at check in.

BTW I didn't accept the changes they made, claimed a voucher and got it within 48 hours.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, niebla said:

Will there be a plan for people planning to retire in Thailand in 2021? For example an American living in Hong Kong, planning to retire in Thailand in 2021.

Big mistake.  There are better places.  Ask anyone who has been here for awhile.  Try Panama.

12 hours ago, lkv said:

That's the idea. They want to turn it into some sort of Bhutan.

Imagine dirty foreigners, trying to escape their infected countries, to come to covid free places like Thailand.

Radical measures must be taken, to protect the Kingdom.

Joke aside, I expect visa exempt and visa on arrival suspension until October.

I hope I am wrong.

Can you be more precise on the day? 15th,28th,1st....? You see,I have to book my ticket... Oh , and what year?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Low rate of infection? The numbers in China and Japan are pure fiction - nothing to do with reality. I do hope you're right though as I'm in Japan waiting for Thailand to re-open...

How do you know?

Please feel free to share.

it is certainly not a BKKAIR livery. Since when they have 737 (which this is) with redish/organge/purple colored engines. Could be Lion by the white tail and the logo visible and the logo on the side but they have red/orange winglets usually. However not BKK AIR and it is 737

Ive read some interesting thoughts on what possibly may come on June 1st.

Ill add my thoughts being in America.

I do agree with the standard protocol of a 2 week quarantine (either by a separate location/or tracked at an intended address).

The Fit to Fly protocol I think will be in use of COVID19 insurance along with a certificate of having no Covid19.

As of right now, it looks like Americans may not be allowed to fly to Thailand, but whats interesting is that during the time of the China crisis from a few months ago, Chinese people were able to travel to Thailand.

Perhaps Thailand may change their mind on this second time around and be more restrictive to certain countries like the US.

According to the COVID-19 cases by the chart, it looks like America is improving in the number of cases starting from about 10 days to 2 weeks ago. Yes, some states are starting to rise, though other places are starting to fall. 

I dont know if AMerica will make the cut by June 1st if Americans can fly to Thailand but it may be 'just' enough time assuming the trend continues.

15 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

International flights will be allowed June 1 st ? With what requirements ? A  letter from doctors within 72 hours you don,t have the virus ? Where in Seattle for example am i to find this test ? Asking for things that are NOT possible to get in any countries. Expect foreigners to come back? Better have the tests ready on arrival at the airport in Bangkok. No one is going to bother with all the visa etc etc hassles.

My sentiment exactly. 

*already expressed previously. 

The government has to offer insurance coverage issued by the government in the ticket price of the traveler. 

Plus usual tests on arrival. 

Most insurance companies are excluding virus coverage now.

So offer the possible. 

Don't ask for the impossible. 

Edited by dallen52