Extra Document Required for 90 Day Report I've never seen.

A few years ago my wife and I both had Thai Education visas. Those required we do 90 day reporting so I am familiar with the process from those. I was told I needed a document today I didn't need back then and I never heard anyone mention before on this site.

We recently obtained Thailand Elite visas; our first 90 day report has come due. I tried to do it online but got the error that I need to report to immigration. The Thailand Elite Rep had informed me that may happen our first time reporting so I wasn't alarmed.

Quick note. I was told because we entered on SETV's in Thailand PRIOR to March 26 2020 we were still required to do 90 day reporting and not eligible for the July 31 amnesty. I had planned to do it anyway but just FYI.

We arrived at the Bangkok Thailand Elite office for them to handle the 90 day reporting with a completed TM 47 form > A screen shot of our TM30 and our passports. However we were told we needed another document.

TE staff helped us switch from our SETV to TE visas about 3 months ago. As we exited immigration The TE staff handed me 2 small slips of paper that informed us the date our 90 day reporting was due. Something may have gotten lost in translation but I thought he said these documents were a courtesy and wouldn't be provided or needed in the future. I didn't think much of them and stuffed them in a drawer. It was these small slips of paper I was told were also required to do our 90 day reporting. I have a picture of them below. It was very fortunate I kept these slips because to me it was not clear they would ever be needed again. I had to return home and then back to the TE office to deal with these slips. Upon my return I asked if these slips of paper would be required every time we did 90 day reporting and was told no. One of the staff held up a different, larger document and said we would need those next time if we used their 90 day reporting concierge service OR we could do it ourselves online.

Has anyone else ever seen these slips of paper or heard of them being necessary for 90 day reporting? 2 Separate TE staff were adamant they are needed at least the first time so I don't think it was a misinformed staff member but IDK?

20200512_114249.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Those are a notification for when your next report will be due. Evidently the February 24th is when your  PE visas were issued.

It does not matter what day you entered the country for not needing to do 90 reports.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are a notification for when your next report will be due. Evidently the February 24th is when your  PE visas were issued.

It does not matter what day you entered the country for not needing to do 90 reports.

I know they are notifications however Thailand Elite staff said they could not file my 90 report unless they had the physical copies of these notifications. I thought that was bizarre and luckily had not thrown them away. However I have my doubts that is accurate. Like you said I also doubt when I entered the country matters as far as the grace period up to the end of July but since I had the slips of paper and they were willing to do the leg work I went ahead and filed them.

I still would like to know if anyone has seen these notification papers and been told they are required to file 90 day reports?

5 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I know they are notifications however Thailand Elite staff said they could not file my 90 report unless they had the physical copies of these notifications.

I think they are confusing those notifications with the receipt for a 90 day report that would be needed to do a report.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

There was me thinking that Thailand elite card was to make life much easier for those prepared to pay a lot of money for it I was quoted 750,000 baht for 5 year for myself and my wife who is classed as my dependent yet here you are having issues those people should be taking care of you thats what you have paid for   “Amazing Thailand “

Needing these notification papers was annoying and I'm still not sure the truth of the matter, but doesn't make me regret buying an Elite visa. As far as I'm concerned as long as I have the visa and yearly extensions that go with it I can tolerate the occasional frustration.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I don’t have an Elite visa. I am on a 1 year extension of stay. When I do my 90 day report at the Bangkok office I get a receipt with the the next report date. I always understood that I had to bring that receipt with me. 

That's interesting. So there is a precedent for this. But it's odd after having done the process myself and having read about it for years I never heard about these receipts before. The whole 90 day reporting process should be scrapped but particularly needing to retain scraps of paper. Isn't that what computers are for?

• Thanks 1

Why should they be looking after you ?

We choose to live in a foreign country where most of us have difficulty with the gist of the language

except the basics, most provide little if any taxes, (although I have paid 30 years of tax) we bitch & moan about just about everything & then wonder why they give us the cold shoulder 

• Sad 2

Looks like you still have a bit of time to sort it out. We had a notice come around from HR today that no action required i.e. reporting of any kind until 31st of July. All visas will be automatically extended. 

image.png

57 minutes ago, wasabi said:

But it's odd after having done the process myself and having read about it for years I never heard about these receipts before.

If you did 90 day reports before you certainly got a receipt for the report that is at the bottom of a TM47 form.

As I wrote before I think Thai Elite is confusing the notification of your first report being due with the receipt for a 90 day report.

• Like 1

Yeah those are receipts for your 90 day reporting and I told you when they do I mail my 90 day report in and I include that with the TM 47 in pages of my passport signed copies of it with an envelope 10 but stamp on it with my return address and they mail me my 9Z report back I’ve never had a problem but I always include the old 90 day report that they sent me with the expiration date on it I’m not sure why you’re confused about that mail and it’s easy TAT

40 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Looks like you still have a bit of time to sort it out. We had a notice come around from HR today that no action required i.e. reporting of any kind until 31st of July. All visas will be automatically extended. 

image.png

Thats interesting. I saw this notice as my 90 day was due on 22nd April. I decided to go to Jomtien IO a couple of days ago. It was very quiet and my number was called after 5 mins. He put another slip of peper in my passport with the next reporting date and then said, "Don't be late with your reporting next time. This time we will not fine you". 

So, not too sure where the amnesty bit comes in???

2 hours ago, Martyp said:

I don’t have an Elite visa. I am on a 1 year extension of stay. When I do my 90 day report at the Bangkok office I get a receipt with the the next report date. I always understood that I had to bring that receipt with me. 

That receipt shall be kept in your passport. It even says so at the bottom. That's why the IO staples it inside the passport.

15 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Because he paid 750,000 baht to be taken care of.  Not money in the bank but actually paid.

I don't think you pay for an Elite Visa to be taken care of. Most of the people applying for an EV doesn't meet the requirements for other long stay visas/extensions. They still have to do the 90 days reports like the rest of us. 

Go to a police station, report the 90-dau notification slip as lost, then take the police report to immigration. Then they will process your 90-day. They don't actually need any information from the piece of paper and TBH, I have no idea why they insist on us bringing it to immigration when all the info they need is in your passport and on their computer. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Martyp said:

At a Sub IO Mine is folded to show next report date and they staple it to the page, sometimes i have to sign a form and other times not. done and dusted in 2 min

Edited by brianthainess

15 hours ago, Acharn said:

The only thing about it that seems odd to me is that the TE staff didn't just staple them in your respective passports. That's what Immigration Officers do.

Since it turned out the slips of paper WERE required the TE staff should have been more clear about their importance AND stapled them in our passports, not handed them to us and said they were a courtesy to help us remember. It is lucky I kept them and the crisis was averted. I am happy with the Elite visa but like many things in Thailand you have to verify and double check just about everything you are told.

Idk I always do it online. No papers needed. Done in person twice. Both times needed only tm47/tm30, but I was coming from abroad so there was no way for me to have had an old 90day report at that time. 

You only need to do in person the first time and whenever you have a new passport. But yeah if you coming from abroad then there was no old 90 day report slip cuz it resets automatically to day1 whenever you enter the country, making old slips non existing for these dates. 

Edited by Drax

On 5/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, Martyp said:

I always understood that I had to bring that receipt with me. 

If I'm in a city district (amphur mueang), they always just stapled the notification receipt in my passport, and highlighted the next due date on it for me.

If I'm at my wife's folks' place out in the boonies, they also put a stamp on this with the house number (baan lek) and village (moo ban) numbers on it.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:48 PM, Max69xl said:

That receipt shall be kept in your passport. It even says so at the bottom. That's why the IO staples it inside the passport.

I‘ve used the Bangkok office for three years. They have never stapled my 90 day report to my passport. I think I’ve done this in person 7-8x. I don’t keep it in my passport. I keep in my Immigration document box for my next trip to CW. I take a photo of it and keep that with me. I’ve never been asked for it. But if some day some IO wants to staple it into my passport then that is OK with me. The main point of this thread is that it is one of the few documents to bring with you if you file in person. I guess it is no different for the Elite Program.