DMK or BKK didn't get a mention ....

steven100

The World's Top 10 Airports of 2020

1. Singapore Changi Airport

2. Tokyo Haneda Airport

3. Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar)

4. Incheon International Airport (South Korea)

5. Munich Airport (Germany)

6. Hong Kong International Airport

7. Narita International Airport (Tokyo)

8. Chūbu Centrair International Airport (Nagoya, Japan)

9. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

10. Kansai International Airport (Osaka, Japan)

According to Skytrax, customers from more than 100 different countries participated in the survey, which was conducted from September 2019 to February 2020 and covers 550 airports.

Suvarnabumi is a good airport, its just very busy.

It could be that one of the main deciding factors of those rating airports is the length of time it takes to get through the airport (i.e. through Immigration), this point alone damns Thailand's airports to the bottom of the list. People complain, there is outrage on social media, yet those in positions of decision making power seem not to care beyond making the odd media announcement.

• Like 2

Most sht airport where i have visit is Paris Charles de Gaulle. Never go again if can avoid!

But from to list , Doha is good even i haven't find place from there where can buy beer! Have visit 6 from top 10.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, time2093 said:

DMK lol....That's a good one

Until they do massive changes/improvements to the dreadful taxi queue / taxi wait situation they should be in the disgraceful band. 

Also strongly improve the wait time to retrieve check-in luggage

Also make a big reduction in the need for buses from the aircraft to the terminal building (often meaning passengers need to run in the rain with bags and kids).

And (related to the bus situation) start a 'lift' service for passengers with disabilities who cannot use the stairs to the ground. This is 2020, 

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It could be that one of the main deciding factors of those rating airports is the length of time it takes to get through the airport (i.e. through Immigration), this point alone damns Thailand's airports to the bottom of the list. People complain, there is outrage on social media, yet those in positions of decision making power seem not to care beyond making the odd media announcement.

And of course Changi Singapore just excellent for this factor. 

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You didn't go far enough.  The organization of the check-in to departure gate is designed to make you walk through the shopping areas.  There really are not enough people mover conveyor walkways and the requirement to walk down to the gate really is a pain. 

I can't compare BKK to many of the other airports on the list, but I love Singapore Changi and never understood why the Thais didn't just copy it with a little improvement, instead they sort of went the Malaysian way.  Maybe it was the airport construction contractor, but in my mind no excuse for not looking further South. 

Plus the design looks like the airport was never really finished with it's open design.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Even leaving aside the unpredictable and often slow entry and exit procedures, BKK is poorly laid out, dim, loud, and generally off-putting (far too much exposed concrete). The post-Customs arrivals area is also cramped and strangely designed, with no way for arriving passengers to see whoever is waiting for them, and vice versa.

What's strange is that none of this should have been a mystery - there were multiple large airports built around the same time as BKK (KLIA, HKIA, Incheon, etc), and they all got it mostly right. At least the new satellite concourse looks as though it has copied the features of those other airports rather than sticking with the design of the BKK main terminal.

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Suvarnabhumi wasn't a success even when it opened. Bad air-con from day 1 and the gates looks like a train station. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Most sht airport where i have visit is Paris Charles de Gaulle. Never go again if can avoid!

But from to list , Doha is good even i haven't find place from there where can buy beer! Have visit 6 from top 10.

muslim numhead no beer

On 5/12/2020 at 7:15 PM, steven100 said:

BKK didn't get a mention

It's in the top 10 for me

1. Affordable beer prices

2. Cheap parking

3. Easy to get around

4. Local 7 eleven / Family Mart

5. Very sexy ladies working there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's in the top 10 for me

1. Affordable beer prices

2. Cheap parking

3. Easy to get around

4. Local 7 eleven / Family Mart

5. Very sexy ladies working there

Family Mart left the airport a while ago when their contract ended (maybe December 2019?), and was replaced by - what else? - King Power.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:00 PM, 2 is 1 said:

I'm inclined to agree about CdG. I have to use it. Swampy is too busy, especially groundside and at Immigration. Fine if you travel business class, both out and in using the Priority Lanes.. May be the new terminal being built will change that. Or Covid!