Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

7 minutes ago, delboy said:

Comparing totals

Thailand  286,008 tests,  3,017 (1.05%)  confirmed cases,  56 (0.02%) deaths
UK        2,007,146 tests, 226,463 (11.28%) confirmed cases, 32,692 (1.63%) deaths
Japan     223,649 tests,  15,968 (7.14%)  confirmed cases,    657 (0.29%) deaths

Yep, fewer tests represent fewer people feeling sick, so no need to test if you're not feeling sick. 

52 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

"Not all restrictions were bad"

You can guarantee that every restriction had at least some negative impact on some Thais livelihood, and probably left many, many jobless, and unable to put food on the tale for their family !

Might not have been bad for someone with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

Mmm, prostitution which is illegal dropped a lot. Road deaths dropped a lot. Some positives as well as negatives in those. Economic well being isn’t a lot of use to those who die in road accidents.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Very informative and thanks. In addition the government stated last month that they would cease random testing at government expense ( their cost 2000 baht per test) as they were averaging 1 positive for each 1000 tests. They've been relying on tracking and tracing primarily and the private test data from the hospitals of patients that have been admitted. Not my opinion but what was stated by Doctor weeweee...

Taiwan has taken much the same approach in deciding who to test although I would say they are much more competent in how they do things as a society.

32 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

If I had the time or the inclination I'd teach you a bit about statistical sampling and the fact that once you reach a (surpisingly low) level of items tested in a population adding even more items to the test does not increase the 'confidence level' (similar to predicted accuracy) of the results. Provided that is that you have taken great care to get a sample that is fully representative of the population.

Provided that is that you have taken great care to get a sample that is fully representative of the population.

That also means not introducing a systematic error into the data by, say, having small capacity for testing in the reference laboratories and selecting those few that do get tested by a criteria that skews the data. Also known as manipulation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is totally legit and for at least 12 reasons:

1) Dr. Taweesin looks to happy when he does these reports,

2) China,

3) No mounds of dead bodies,

4) No social media reports of mounds of dead bodies,

5) Vitamin D,

6) Thai discipline and no hand shaking here,

7) Somtam,

???? Plara,

9) Masks,

10) Adequate testing,

11) China, and

12) No mounds of dead bodies. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

I believe Thai's have stronger immune systems due to much higher exposure to pollution.

I think it's because of the amount of chilies in somtam. No weakling would survive past tasting the mother's milk, which even when diluted 1/1000 makes the strongest tabasco taste wimpy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

This is totally legit and for at least 12 reasons:

1) Dr. Taweesin looks to happy when he does these reports,

2) China,

3) No mounds of dead bodies,

4) No social media reports of mounds of dead bodies,

5) Vitamin D,

6) Thai discipline and no hand shaking here,

7) Somtam,

???? Plara,

9) Masks,

10) Adequate testing,

11) China, and

12) No mounds of dead bodies. 

Anf lots of sun and UV rays

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

So the monthly testing figures if as above 34k represent a test ratio of O.05 % of 70 million population.

They are congratulating themselves on a zero but having tested only a tiny fraction of 1 percent of the people.

It is truly representative of Thailands normal farcical charade! but not an indication of the true Covid 19 situation in the kingdom........

your maths needs improving its 0.0005%

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That also means not introducing a systematic error into the data by, say, having small capacity for testing in the reference laboratories and selecting those few that do get tested by a criteria that skews the data. Also known as manipulation.

True - and also I was not implying that the 34,000 talked about as having already being tested (other numbers are also talked about) was in any way a representative sample. Quite the opposite since there has only been testing of suspected cases, so it's a hugely biased sample of the population.

34 minutes ago, delboy said:

Comparing totals

UK        2,007,146 tests, 226,463 (11.28%) confirmed cases, 32,692 (1.63%) deaths
Japan     223,649 tests,  15,968 (7.14%)  confirmed cases,    657 (0.29%) deaths

Back to school for you

8 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

What is there to test if everybody stayed most at the time at home for the last 30 days? Or you would have had mild symptoms and would be cured by now or you would stay in hospital right now.

What also would be nice is to see a breakdown of the 'tracking history' of the 3017 known cases.

How many of these are linked to ppl flying in from abroad? i.e. that Mua Thai fighting arena, wasn't that linked to relatives coming back from Italy?

I guess since many weeks, all flights are restricted world wide ... and with that, no more outbreaks here. (that's just a guess now on my part).

For whatever reason, unknown to anyone ... it's not spreading here (thanks god), since how many weeks now? 

Spiekerjozef ... in that sense, I fully agree with what you say.

Edited by RedPill

53 minutes ago, delboy said:

Comparing totals

Just heard from the UK that two of my mother's elderly friends were taken recently to hospital; one in Guildford and one in Chertsey for treatment relating to a fall resulting in a broken hip and another fall resulting in a broken arm. Both ladies subsequently died from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

My godmother was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary a month ago due to swelling of her legs, was removed to the South Bristol Community Hospital 10 days ago because of fear of getting the virus and placed in a ward with three other people. She died last Thursday due to the virus. The Community Hospital does not have an ICU or access to ventilators. This suggests part of the reason for the higher percentage of deaths in the UK compared to the other countries could lie with the NHS. It also suggests that the NHS has still a major problem with things such as cleaning (MRSA). 

I had a sore throat a few weeks ago so did my Mr's it lasted just a few days very mild then it was gone.
Now I have no idea if it was the COVID and there's no way I'm gonna pay for a test and if I went to the Hospital I doubt they would test so how many people have had it but don't know?
There are probably a lot of people carrying the Virus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

3017 people tested, 3017 cases. Well done Thailand.

Do you have any credible source for this statement - "3017 people tested"? Or are you just lying, posting fake facts?

Keep in mind, here had been people arrested for posting incorrect information about Covid-19 (see the pinned threads in this forum).

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

Just heard from the UK that two of my mother's elderly friends were taken recently to hospital; one in Guildford and one in Chertsey for treatment relating to a fall resulting in a broken hip and another fall resulting in a broken arm. Both ladies subsequently died from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

My godmother was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary a month ago due to swelling of her legs, was removed to the South Bristol Community Hospital 10 days ago because of fear of getting the virus and placed in a ward with three other people. She died last Thursday due to the virus.

So they went to the hospital without Covid 19, for a totally unrelated problem, but got infected there?

Or is now everybody elderly dying in a UK hospital classified as Covid 19 death?

8 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Do you have any credible source for this statement - "3017 people tested"? Or are you just lying, posting fake facts?

Keep in mind, here had been people arrested for posting incorrect information about Covid-19 (see the pinned threads in this forum).

According to worldometer Thailand have tested 286,000 people.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

What is there to test if everybody stayed most at the time at home for the last 30 days? Or you would have had mild symptoms and would be cured by now or you would stay in hospital right now.

because without testing you don't know anything. Most people do recover with mild symptoms but they are still infectious and they may give it to someone who has a much more serious problem with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Why is that? Surely now you simply let people return back to normal with some conditions such as social distancing. If any new cases do crop up you trace and quarrantine. There is no need to cripple the whole country for such a manageable situation...

Agree.

Most certainly for the 50/77 provinces with no cases in 28 days + 9 who never had a case.

That should indeed be manageable.

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yep, fewer tests represent fewer people feeling sick, so no need to test if you're not feeling sick. 

? What do you mean? I am completely missing the point you are making here.

• Like 1