Southern singer threatens to sue Prayut over Bt5,000 payments

webfact

Southern singer threatens to sue Prayut over Bt5,000 payments

By THE NATION

800_6cfaeff0fa430f5.jpg?v=1589525689

Popular southern singer Poonsak Chongrak, aka Sorn Roisiang, threatened to sue Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Friday (May 15), after his application for the government’s Bt5,000 relief payments under the “Rao Mai Thing Gun” (We do not leave anyone behind) campaign was rejected.

The singer said he has been unable to make income from concerts ever since the government banned social gatherings to curb the spread of Covid-19.

The singer said he had applied for the payments by filling in the website form, but was refused when the screening process identified him as a farmer, who are not eligible for the cash.

The singer then complained to his local Phalang Pracharat Party politician, and appealed his case through the website. However, he said on Thursday that his appeal had been rejected, with the system once again classifying him as a farmer.

Poonsak said he had previously checked his information with a district agricultural extension office, and found he was recorded as a farmer despite never having registered as such.

“I told officials to remove my registration, but I was still refused the Bt5,000,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387905

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

He is not alone in being rejected on same basis. I know several people up here in the North East in same situation. It seems the online application system has a few bugs for a start. By  going in person to the  Govt. assigned Bank and getting them to use their system solved it for a few.

The others discovered the error of in years past of registering for agricultural subsidies for small holdings that were  not actually valid. Win some , lose some !

Obvious to most, sheeple to the slaughter, top end, no probs.....

No financial backup for the sheeple has shown its ugly head in this country, but wait, soon the sheeple can travel at lightning speed on a Chinese train, ah, but wait again, the sheeple can't afford to travel on it..  

Now I wonder if the 2+2=5 will eventually = 4 one day......????

Why bother Poonsak, Prayut dont give a rats a++e about joe public.

No way would you be allowed to sue him, closed shop, thats what they got, not 1 of the in crowd, go away and stop bothering us.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

He is not alone in being rejected on same basis. I know several people up here in the North East in same situation. It seems the online application system has a few bugs for a start. By  going in person to the  Govt. assigned Bank and getting them to use their system solved it for a few.

The others discovered the error of in years past of registering for agricultural subsidies for small holdings that were  not actually valid. Win some , lose some !

There are many people that come from farming Families and they are registered on their parents Farm Blue book  ,The problem is that after they move away/marry from home they are suppose to Change their Address and or Blue book . if not they Stay registered on their Parents Blue book. 

So their Don't Care attitude  catches up with them Now.   :wai:

5 hours ago, Chassa said:

Some people with their nice house, thriving business (operated throughout the lockdown), three cars and a farang, still got the 5000 baht. Guess they ain't farmers.

Next door here is a mother & daughter running chicken & somtam shop,  business has boomed during the lick down yet they both got the government cash.  My wife runs a small salon,  closed by government yet she did not qualify,  another very wrong system in thailand

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest if this guy has the money to afford lawyers to sue Prayut, he's only doing it as a matter of principle to embarrass him.

Perhaps it's the back stage guys, cleaners, food vendors etc he's thinking of.....????

This program was not intended just for farmers. It was intended for Thai people in need. I know many who were rejected, and I believe the rejection rate was around 83%. The army was totally insincere with this program. If they really wanted to help the people, you just show up with a Thai ID and claim you benefit. As usual, the army is being heartless, cynical, and not there when the people need them. 

As for suing him, Prayuth, all army officers, the entire administration, the police, immigration and customs are entirely above the law. And and all laws. A threat is very hollow, when there is nothing to back it up. But, I understand his anger and disappointment. There are better ways the people can show their total disappointment with the leadership here. Everyone knows they need to be ushered out. It is just a question of how to go about it. Sooner or later it will happen. They are absolute vampires, sucking the blood of the nation.