Customer’s COVID-19 screening at 7-Eleven goes horribly wrong

Okay...there are people out there, in the world, dying and here in Thailand, other people don't have food to eat or money to pay the rent...and THIS STORY makes the news?

Someone is not focussed for a second, something stupid, but not very serious happens...and that is reported on social media?

Really?

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Sorry - but if you can't even do such a simple job correctly... 

Not as bad as the cop who reached for his taser, grabbed his gun by mistake (so he said), and shot an uncooperative man who was suffering a stroke.

1 hour ago, TPUBON said:

And I'm sure that in your career, you have never made a mistake.

Mistakes happen in all occupations whether it's a simple job or brain surgeon.

I just can repeat - if somebody is not able to do such a simple task he perhaps better doesn't do any task at all. 7-Eleven is responsible for their employees and in the US this incident could have been very expensive for them. And to understand how this victim had to suffer spray yourself something like this into your eyes especially if you wear contact lenses. In respect of my career and mistakes - no I didn't make any. Every single mistake would have been very costly because I was responsible for very big projects. And if you make a mistake that costs money you will be responsible for it. Many people watch you at such projects - and not all are your friends and just wait that you make 1 mistake. Then you will suffer... 

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

It is incredibly easy to make this type of mistake and can easily result in a smack in the face for the perpetrator.

The sensible places have the sanitiser by the scanning station leaving the customer to use it. No danger of the employee blinding the customer.

Compensation paid?? I thought not.

Got to pick one bag of dried seaweed or fish sticks..only small size....or one mama cup for 10bt upgrade

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

?

A bit uninformed and judgmental.

Many of them are students and that is their first job.

Basically kids who can make a mistake.

They are not stupid, just inexperienced.

solly solly mista, no hab tissue, no hab...my first day....khor thot.....I'm a Lady...I want a case of Mama cups.

51 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Her heart was in the right place. She also showed concern for the customer after the mistake. Please tell us the location of that 7-11 so I can wear my safety goggles should I need to go there.

Lords knows every OTHER person doing this job at 7-11 is gonna hear this from about every single customer.

Hey now, dont spray me in the eyes-lol....um..solly no sah-spa--eek engrit...ZAP!(giggles to coworkers)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

?

A bit uninformed and judgmental.

Many of them are students and that is their first job.

Basically kids who can make a mistake.

They are not stupid, just inexperienced.

bkk6060 !  It isn’t not rocket science JC ! ! !

Oh for God’s sake, what a little baby! I’ve been pepper sprayed and CS Gas’d as part of my military training, getting some sanitizer in the eye is NOTHING. She’s being dramatic, it maybe stings for a moment and then evaporates. It’s like getting some citrus in your eye, it stings for a moment and then it’s gone.

• Sad 1

What do you expect? The poor girl gets paid 300 baht / day and has to repeatedly perform the same mind numbing job, standing there for hours till her legs ache. Nobody cares enough to suggest they rotate the girls every half hour. Meanwhile, Dhanin, owner of CP Group and 7/11, is the country's richest man and getting richer off slave labour. Sad.

Having said that, Roadrunner was attacked by an automated spray booth the other day, with no warning sign informing what was about to happen. Yikes!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not surprised it happened, they stand there for hours, temperature then sanitizer, she got mixed up with the mind numbing boredom

can you really blame her - the problem associated with monotonous actions ..... 

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Oh for God’s sake, what a little baby! I’ve been pepper sprayed and CS Gas’d as part of my military training, getting some sanitizer in the eye is NOTHING. She’s being dramatic, it maybe stings for a moment and then evaporates. It’s like getting some citrus in your eye, it stings for a moment and then it’s gone.

Did the gassing and pepper spraying happen while you were free-falling from a great height during your SAS training ????

• Haha 1