Entrepreneurs required to register on ThaiChana as part of Covid-19 prevention

20 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They will persist with this because they are stubborn. If they were serious about social distancing and controlling the virus then this queue wouldn't be happening. All about control 100%.

They're doing it wrong. There's another queue outside to get into the mall, then every separate store has its own queue once you're inside.

I doubt it will last more than a couple of days, never mind the end of the week.

• Like 2

I think a majority of posters think that Thai Chana is an app everyone needs to download on their phones.  It is not. at least not right now. 

Before you go in the malls or supermarket, you scan a QR code and it opens a website that shows time and name of shop, enter your phone number and check in.  You could probably use a random number because no one actually checks it.  And when you leave scan the code and checkout.

45 minutes ago, arkom said:

Before you go in the malls or supermarket, you scan a QR code and it opens a website that shows time and name of shop, enter your phone number and check in.  You could probably use a random number because no one actually checks it.  And when you leave scan the code and checkout.

If you go into the settings and select 'cuties' then google maps immediately displays the GPS coordinates of all the pretty girls in the mall.  

1 hour ago, arkom said:

Before you go in the malls or supermarket, you scan a QR code and it opens a website that shows time and name of shop, enter your phone number and check in.  You could probably use a random number because no one actually checks it.

By the time you scanned that QR code, I'm pretty sure it already know the phone number of the phone you're using

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

By the time you scanned that QR code, I'm pretty sure it already know the phone number of the phone you're using

QR codes are not attached to your phone number.  

Anyway, is anyone looking at this data from mall shopping?  No, as it's a complete nonsense.  Only supercomputers and a team of thousands of trained staff could possibly keep up with what this app is supposed to do.  

43 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is about the wifi that is almost always forced to turn on on smartphones. If you walk by a WiFi routers signal, the router can see your device ID. 
That is also how they can figure out your location, even you use VPN etc. The fact iOS is turning wifi on automatically is disturbing enough.

In theory you could also use open source AI software with some bought data from the darkweb, and likely get some Terabytes of Metadata of people in certain countries, states, cities. That metadata could contain the same device ID thus linking them, giving you even the most private and detailed information.

A teenager of today, 2020, can learn this stuff in a few days time. The fact it isn't happening much yet, doesn't mean it is impossible. 
That is why privacy is so incredibly important, the naysayers seem to fail to understand the impact of the long run.

You might be able to trust your government (laughing, serious, no laughing) but that still doesn't guarantee your data to be safe, or not leaked.
Imagine there are organisations with billions of dollars and doing this for a living, they can do everything already, a long time.

Your privacy is gone already, it just still exists lawfully, but that is being attacked bit by bit and likely broken down. People ignorantly accept law changes.

Amazon have been buying data companies to analyze your data, the data they have on you, the more they can target you with offers, products etc.

This QR code system was originally for tourists before they locked the borders. They wanted tourists to check in at certain places like condos/apartments/hotels and malls. So this system is not about covid-19 track/trace it's about gaining data on the population and tracking them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ericthai said:

I saw a video of a USA company that choose a beach in Florida, selected all the cell phones signals in that location on the beach and then was able to follow those phones the next few days to show who they come in contact with and where those phones went.  If a private company can do this then for sure any government can do this and more!!

how many times have you been prompted on your device to turn on location when using an app, dating apps - fitness etc etc they are all requiring you to turn on or grant permissions of one sort or another and most people comply because they want to use the app, cell tower location accuracy is limited but is still able to zero in to about 10m depending on tower density 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is about the wifi that is almost always forced to turn on on smartphones. If you walk by a WiFi routers signal, the router can see your device ID. 
That is also how they can figure out your location, even you use VPN etc. The fact iOS is turning wifi on automatically is disturbing enough.

In theory you could also use open source AI software with some bought data from the darkweb, and likely get some Terabytes of Metadata of people in certain countries, states, cities. That metadata could contain the same device ID thus linking them, giving you even the most private and detailed information.

A teenager of today, 2020, can learn this stuff in a few days time. The fact it isn't happening much yet, doesn't mean it is impossible. 
That is why privacy is so incredibly important, the naysayers seem to fail to understand the impact of the long run.

You might be able to trust your government (laughing, serious, no laughing) but that still doesn't guarantee your data to be safe, or not leaked.
Imagine there are organisations with billions of dollars and doing this for a living, they can do everything already, a long time.

Your privacy is gone already, it just still exists lawfully, but that is being attacked bit by bit and likely broken down. People ignorantly accept law changes.

airplane mode shuts down all radios on your phone - you can still use it for other things like playing music or taking photos or playing games but as a phone or location device or social media .................nope

GPS is passive but will drain your battery if fully on

Edited by smedly

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

how many times have you been prompted on your device to turn on location when using an app, dating apps - fitness etc etc they are all requiring you to turn on or grant permissions of one sort or another and most people comply because they want to use the app, cell tower location accuracy is limited but is still able to zero in to about 10m depending on tower density 

Well, GPS is essential location based dating apps and weather.

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is about the wifi that is almost always forced to turn on on smartphones.

Not on mine, I might use one kind of data or another on the phone every couple of months for a few minutes, then I turn it off again.

So I run no apps and never use wi-fi or mobile data. I use it as a phone / watch replacement, that's it.

21 hours ago, smedly said:

this app will not only require everyone to have a smartphone but also a data connection

like I said in a previous post - it seems you won't be able to enter a shop or building without it, at least the UK went for the simple BT option

It's just never going to work, far to complex and too many requirements 

Yesterday in Central Phuket if you did not have data connection you had to write down your name and phone number what use that is I dont know also it seems all farang had to do that, Not me I didn't go my wife told me

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brunolem said:

I can answer that since a friend of mine just entered Terminal 21 in Pattaya.

Not having the app, he was asked to write his name and phone number in a big blank book.

I would rather go with this option since it is much less invasive than the app.

John Smith and what ever number comes into your head.

The first massive issue I experienced today entering a mall and signing a book was ................................. anyone guess what it was ?

This issue defeats the whole purpose of trying to limit disease spread - I'll post the answer in a while

11 hours ago, arkom said:

I think a majority of posters think that Thai Chana is an app everyone needs to download on their phones.  It is not. at least not right now. 

So why do they call it an APP?
Sounds more like you just Check In or are you consenting to allow them to track your phone as they can do that anyway??
in my case I always turn GPS OFF to save battery life but I guess they can still track the rough location.
Anyways Photo of people cuing at IKEA to SCAN QR Code to Get In ????

EYNqtZsU8AARxho - Copy.jpg

Edited by DirtyHarry55

Going into Tesco today, the signing in process was fairly easy. Getting out was a different matter. Large queue, all bunched up together. No distancing.

Tops was even worse. Temperature of everyone going into car park, then temperature and signing in to mall, then temperature and signing in for all shops, then signing out of mall. By then, I was just putting a name and dittoing above phone number. Ridiculous.

Both supermarkets have been open the whole time up until now, and yet they introduce these measures now.

John Smith and Fred Bloggs visited a lot of shops today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smedly said:

The first massive issue I experienced today entering a mall and signing a book was ................................. anyone guess what it was ?

This issue defeats the whole purpose of trying to limit disease spread - I'll post the answer in a while

Huge queues ???

Sounds like this has been implemented today. I did shopping yesterday with no book signing or apps.