Millions sign up for contact tracing platform as malls reopen

webfact

The sign-in Apps/web links, what ever you call them, are all in Thai language! I don't read read Thai so will do the manual paper sign in to buy my essential groceries. 

17 hours ago, Wiggy said:

They didn’t have much choice. 

We didn't take our phones into the mall yesterday.....just signed a piece of paper and entered....

Almost everyone else automatically opened their phones and scanned.......none had any idea what they were doind!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's not true, at least at the Central and Robinson's locations I've visited in the past two days.

In each case, they had the QR code poster that they asked customers to scan on the way in, and then again on the way out.  My wife went that route, and as best as I can tell, there was no app or anything else installed on her mobile.

I, on the other hand, decided to play the "farang" card, so in both instances when I got to the check-in spot, I feigned ignorance and lack of communication, and never even took out my mobile phone.

And in both cases, they pointed me to an adjoining table where they had a sign-in/sign-out book where people were asked to write their name, phone number, time, etc... Once on the way in, and again on the way out.

So at least with Central and Robinson's, you can go in and out without ever doing anything with your mobile phone -- as long as you're willing to sign their "guest" books.

I need to start shopping where you are then as I can't even get into a poxy 7-11 without doing it.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

There is no application.

You scan a QR code with your favourite reader (Line works well) and it takes you to a website where you do the check-in / check-out.

What happened to the MorChana app that was supposed to do this? 

17 hours ago, Paul2121 said:

So where can you get the application 

and are non thai nationals able to do 

The application you need is just a QR code scanner.  Download any of the reader apps to your phone and use that!  Easy-breezy.

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why bother if no testing is being done as according to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

unless they are just not reporting them but the numbers on the above site have shown no new tests for days now ?

It's called smart testing. Thailand has to test 100 people to catch an infection which may be very expensive and even Western countries are unable to do so. Why Western countries are doing extensive testing? Becuase it is the cess pool of desease ridden dirty arrogant people. One has to only test 5-20 people (varrying on the country, US being hte lowest) to catch an infection. Australia and NewZeland are exceptions. If an outbreak occurs in one fo the mall, it will be easy to contact trace and test the cluster instead. 

Edited by Mulambana
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wiggy said:

They didn’t have much choice. 

When I was Emquartier on Sunday the 18th entrants were free to ignore the QR code registration, though we were required to sign in with our phone number on first entry. But there was nothing to stop one from putting down a fake name and number. A sign said something about foreigners passport numbers required, but it wasn't happening. 

Edited by Enzian
spell check mistake
  • Like 1

Not wishing to sound dumb, but how would any of this palaaver know if I was in contact with someone who had Covid 19.

And how on earth is the contagious person traced?

Sorry, but none of it makes any sense to me, and no-one is gonna force me to use a phone to enter a shop.

Remember mad cows disease in the UK ( Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) years ago and everyone ended up having to walk through a bucket of disinfectant

How close is Thailand to doing something similar.

Jeeesus wept.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Makro Mae Sai is using the app

All I can say is its WAY better than Tesko Mae Sai where they do paper sign-in AND sign-out

This leads to huge lines and delays on exit as everyone has to locate there original sign in paper

Hardly a desired situation being stuck cheek to jowl for 1/2 hour on exit

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

it will be easy to contact trace and test the cluster instead. 

There would be no cluster if they didn't create cluster potential by making everyone queue in a cluster to scan a cluster tracking app !!!

As someone posted earlier, it's a cluster f ^..

97495504_10222394213705235_2209662082817720320_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tesco Mae Sai is huge, just like Makro across the road, so they must be forcing all people leaving through just one exit, and equally forcing people to enter through just one door.

That is totally insane.

I only went to my local Big C yesterday, but was completely unprepared, so didn't really check out what was happening.

All I saw was lots of arrows, entrances taped off and closed, car parking spots all around the frontage taped off.

If there is more than one exit then a paper sign-in and sign-out just ain't gonna work.

And this temp-check thingie being thrust at my forehead several times a day is really beginning to pissssssssssssss me orf.

The QR code tells them how many customers have visited their shop or business, and also how customers rate their service.

Good news. This is not contact tracking at all. Just a valuable informational service to businesses provided by the caring government. 

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

When I was Emquartier on Sunday the 18th entrants were free to ignore the QR code registration, though we were required to sign in with our phone number on first entry. But there was nothing to stop one from putting down a fake name and number. A sign said something about foreigners passport numbers required, but it wasn't happening. 

When I signed the guest books at Central and Robinson's, the info they were asking for did not include passport numbers. Name, phone number, gender, time in, time out, etc.

20 hours ago, mfd101 said:

We encountered this for the first time this morning on entering Tesco Lotus here in Prasat. Bit of a queue, my b/f wasn't expecting it & hadn't a clue what was going on as he fumbled with his mobile and the nice staff shouted instructions he didn't understand. I, standing at least 0.75m behind him, was carefully ignored. I never carry my mobile with me, anywhere. Noone told me I had to sign in manually or any other way.

Shambolic basically, with pointless arrows for one-way entry and different arrows for a different one-way exit. All designed to slow you down, or at least that was the effect.

If the system is not connected to some massive contacting & testing program nation-wide, It's hard to work out what the point of it all is. Perhaps just a typical Thai show: All for show.

*You can always shop at a local open market.

*The point is that if someone is found to be infected later, they can trace back to who was in the shop at the same time. These people will be called in for pre-emptive testing. 

Phone number can be anything so why worry about it. Also if government wants to take a look who is in a particular area they can ask from operators to provide that data. As long as you carry your phone with you it will update its location when you move to next cell or "tower".  So how this not to sign in help? If there is a infected person same time at the store I'd like to get an info about that.

Take a photo instead of scan it at the first time. Atleast google lens app you can import that photo and it will show the options to open or copy that link including store id string which is easy to bookmark e.g. under "Big C". Next time just open the browser and use that bookmark for pre-sign in. Show the sign in page to the nice person at the door and walk in. You can practice this with any MorChana QR core photo post in internet.

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Not wishing to sound dumb, but how would any of this palaaver know if I was in contact with someone who had Covid 19.

And how on earth is the contagious person traced?

Sorry, but none of it makes any sense to me, and no-one is gonna force me to use a phone to enter a shop.

Remember mad cows disease in the UK ( Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) years ago and everyone ended up having to walk through a bucket of disinfectant

How close is Thailand to doing something similar.

Jeeesus wept.

Enjoy shopping in open hot markets then. Noone is going to force you to do anything. But I doubt they will let you into a shop without scanning it. If someone is found to be infected at the time you were there, you may be tested. How this will work pratically, I don't know, as there cound be hundreds in the shop at the same time.