Anyone Know a Good Psychologist

It takes the patience of a saint.

My Wife is very tech savvy, so I have no issue there. She still gets left and right mixed up though !

I'm forever assisting my Father (82 yrs old) with his MacBook and my Mum with her iPad and iPhone.

From frequently forgotten passwords, changed passwords, apps which wont log in, computer wont connect to the printer (over Wifi), TeamViewer deleted (so I can't login remotely and help)... the list is endless, I've spend hours and hours sorting out the Tech issues my parents encounter.

Every time I go home I have to pretty much start them off from scratch on their 'devices'... it takes time, patience and they generally forget everything I tell them and I just repeat it next time. But, I don't mind, it keeps them happy and allows them to contact me whenever they want, surf the internet, watch Netflix etc etc... they're happy = I'm happy.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

The pairing which I had to translate into Thai for her to understand was actually not too bad. 

Speakthai= she understand.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

More than one hour to do a 5 minute job

Why use English?

If use thai will be 5 minute job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... Yinn, you do become boring with the 'me Jane you Tarzan' dumbed down over simplification in defense of anything Thai in threads such as this - given the lack of tech knowledge the Ops Girlfriend has shown I'd hazard a guess that  would struggle to explain how to use simple tech with any greater efficiency.

You took the words out of my mouth ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Speakthai= she understand.

Why use English?

If use thai will be 5 minute job.

Likely wouldn't have made any difference. But, yes, :sleepy:. One always seems to be full of angst, Yinn. Everything alright?

Edited by daveAustin

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... Yinn, you do become boring with the 'me Jane you Tarzan' dumbed down over simplification in defense of anything Thai in threads such as this - given the lack of tech knowledge the Ops Girlfriend has shown I'd hazard a guess that you would struggle to explain how to use simple tech with any greater efficiency.

Yawn. 

I give solution.

you want argue with Yinn. 

Yawn

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It takes the patience of a saint.

My Wife is very tech savvy, so I have no issue there. She still gets left and right mixed up though !

I'm forever assisting my Father (82 yrs old) with his MacBook and my Mum with her iPad and iPhone.

From frequently forgotten passwords, changed passwords, apps which wont log in, computer wont connect to the printer (over Wifi), TeamViewer deleted (so I can't login remotely and help)... the list is endless, I've spend hours and hours sorting out the Tech issues my parents encounter.

Every time I go home I have to pretty much start them off from scratch on their 'devices'... it takes time, patience and they generally forget everything I tell them and I just repeat it next time. But, I don't mind, it keeps them happy and allows them to contact me whenever they want, surf the internet, watch Netflix etc etc... they're happy = I'm happy.

Except she is 34 and left/right and big/little end is hardly high tech.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... Yinn, you do become boring with the 'me Jane you Tarzan' dumbed down over simplification in defense of anything Thai in threads such as this - given the lack of tech knowledge the Ops Girlfriend has shown I'd hazard a guess that you would struggle to explain how to use simple tech with any greater efficiency

Yep, I can't understand why @Yinn lowers herself to the bitter TV geezer level, while we could expect a Thai person's uplifting outlook on things Thai.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:13 AM, Retarded said:

Psychologist for you or her?

I think you need a psychiatrist and she needs a special education assistant.

The question for me is why he would send anything? Just send money and tell her to go to shop where they will explain everything after she buys whatever she needs.

Surely the OP should have known what was to come?

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The question for me is why he would send anything? Just send money and tell her to go to shop where they will explain everything after she buys whatever she needs.

Surely the OP should have known what was to come?

Because it was a present and I did not want to send money.

Again, I was not complaining and the issues were not technical.  They were up, down, right, left, big and little.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Again, I was not complaining and the issues were not technical.  They were up, down, right, left, big and little.

Fair enough, but why send a present that involved technical issues which seem to have been of concern to you, else you would not have written the OP?

Surely you could have sent something requiring zero technical expertise as a present?

14 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Well...I had to chuckle about your original post but I'm laughing even more now that you have to explain it all to the concrete (to put it mildly) thinkers on this forum.

Best of luck..????

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fair enough, but why send a present that involved technical issues which seem to have been of concern to you, else you would not have written the OP?

Surely you could have sent something requiring zero technical expertise as a present?

I'm sorry but English is probably not your native language.  More than once I explained that the issues were NOT, got it NOT, technical.  They had to do with what up and down and left and right was. 

• Confused 1

I can understand your frustration AAArdvark, although it's quite sensible your girlfriend acquires new skills as she is presently furloughed from her position as a Thai Airways Airline Captain.

Don't concern yourself too greatly about the left and right issue, it rarely has much relevance in day to day issues.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaLa said:

I can understand your frustration AAArdvark, although it's quite sensible your girlfriend acquires new skills as she is presently furloughed from her position as a Thai Airways Airline Captain.

Don't concern yourself too greatly about the left and right issue, it rarely has much relevance in day to day issues.

She gave up on piloting and is taking up brain surgery. 

• Haha 2