Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Just try wondering for 1 second why just about every country on earth is pushing this mask thing so hard for a disease that has a 99.98% survival rate.....It all pretty strange.....And makes no sense.......But for the New Normal or New World Order it makes a lot of sense....

aaaaah I wondered when that would come into play, the conspiracy theories......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Just try wondering for 1 second why just about every country on earth is pushing this mask thing so hard for a disease that has a 99.98% survival rate.....It all pretty strange.....And makes no sense.......But for the New Normal or New World Order it makes a lot of sense....

Maybe because I have a very large stock investment in a Mask making company.....Honeywell.   They also supply the fire alarm and fire sprinklers for the new condos my LLC is building ....... 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe because I have a very large stock investment in a Mask making company.....Honeywell.   They also supply the fire alarm and fire sprinklers for the new condos my LLC is building ....... 

Well chip implants should be a hot investment too....

15 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

Because the Thai police are well aware that it’s common sense if you’re out in the open obviously it’s not necessary. I rarely even wear a mask in a store let alone outside. 

You must be the reason that the Thai lady in front of me at the Top's checkout line kept saying Farang, Farang, over and over like she was Rainman.  She was also wearing a full on rain slicker with plastic bags on her hand's and covering her phone, while not letting the cashier anywhere near her in order to scan her "The 1" card info into the system for her discount"  She just kept eyeballing me and saying Farang, Farang, Farang, Farang.  But hey she was wearing a mask, albeit underneath one of those funky face shields they are now wearing also.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

yea you want in? We can source some in China

Tortilla chips shaped like masks would be a great Idea.  The salsa could be the virus and the guacamole the soothing antidote to help the virus neautralize...... Would be one hell of a gimmick for a Mexican restaurant here...

• Like 2

I like this guy. He's right. Our rights are being infringed upon, and it melts my heart to see there are some Thais who feel the same way about this as many of us farang do and they aren't all just sheep following orders. Kudos to this man!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tortilla chips shaped like masks would be a great Idea.  The salsa could be the virus and the guacamole the soothing antidote to help the virus neautralize...... Would be one hell of a gimmick for a Mexican restaurant here...

I just happen to know a fairly good Mexican restaurant nearby and they're looking for new business opportunities, he bought the restaurant with his payout from a big pharma company, let me contact them and I'll be back to you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

You do realize that if there’s no law you’re probably paying the officers rent right ????. They always just keeping going whenever they see me out there. I see them patrolling all the time to. 

There is a law, same one that stops you crossing lockdown areas. Try going through one of those without a mask, go on, you're a rebel

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

You do realize that if there’s no law you’re probably paying the officers rent right ????. They always just keeping going whenever they see me out there. I see them patrolling all the time to. 

Officers patrolling in Thailand?

23 minutes ago, KingDong75 said:

Oh yeah then I better stop crossing them ????

Yeah I think they let juveniles through if they have a note from mummy

Either that or you must belong to this group of people

drivers delivering essential goods, products, medical equipment and supplies, authorised government officers, construction materials (but now only for government projects) and any other people deemed “necessary” by officers at the checkpoint

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Scared sheep wear masks.......Freemen who value being a human dont wear masks......

So are you a sheep or a human?

You missed out "Sheep, human or hi-so buffalo"....We make exceptions for the latter....????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Please try leaving your room and have a look around Pattaya......There is no shortage of Non mask wearers.......And on the darkside loads are not wearing masks....

Strange. I've just driven the length of Soi Neurn Plub Wan and back. Saw very few without masks. I would say at least 90% compliance, all Thai.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Nope you missed some....

PS They haven't done dying yet, so incomplete numbers.

The trick is not to become one. 

Your line of thought and logic is very flawed.... 

No, if 99.2% of people do not have the virus then the logic for wearing masks is deeply flawed. Even if masks worked 100% effectively, which they don't, if you only have a 0.4% chance of meeting an asymptomatic carrier frankly wearing a mask is just silly.

Of course the numbers will go up, but they are miniscule, big picture. 

You're actually more likely to die of other causes. When you see these kids with masks but no helmet and flip flops on a scooter, you just think what is going on in his head?

I can tell you now, you could do nothing. Nothing at all. And the odds of you not becoming a Covid19 fatality are magnificently good. Without mask. 

You worry for nothing, jacko.

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

You can do all the maths you like but it still remains a legal requirement to wear a mask in Thailand.

His math is all wrong. He divides the cases by the US population (notice the "So the actual cold hard, evidenced, scientific facts do indicate" part). ????

The infected and tested ratio applied to the whole population is 11.1%, not 0.5%. ????

On 5/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, Logosone said:

If you take the number of cases in the US and divide them as per the US population, 0.5% of people have the virus.

So the actual cold hard, evidenced, scientific facts do indicate that the number of people who have the virus is in the region of 0.8%.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingDong75 said:

If they arrest you you will be taken to jail,  the police officers will not fine you , you will be fined when taken to a Thai court by the judge. The officers may take a fee to let you go and forget about the arrest but that is not the same  asbeing fined by the court

• Like 1

Let's see.

The virus started in November, and till February thousands of Chinese from the epicentre in China would travel to Thailand EVERY day, and very few people wearing masks.

The lockdowns and mandatory mask wearing started in April, 5 months after the virus was discovered and Thailand had a country full of Chinese all that time., so the masks must have saved us then. Not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Very concerning, and I think deserving more words than the bickering about masks when new infections are down to almost zero for a long time already.

Better try to help our Thai friends to live in a free world, without "repression, media rights and human rights curtailed, amongst many other civil liberties that are gone".

thailand, the country where you do more time in a jail for "accidentally" insulting "someone" or telling the truth, than a child rapist and the newspapers off course self censor

I do believe that mask wearing is effective in ways to limit transmission however I do understand the resentment toward overbearing govt's forcing restrictions on the liberties of others when the numbers don't necessarily warrant the measures. It may be more a protest of the current restrictions or administration then a protest about masks.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Logosone said:

No, if 99.2% of people do not have the virus then the logic for wearing masks is deeply flawed.

Here, let me give you an example of your twisted logic..... 

In Thailand, the number of Covid deaths per 1 million population is 0.8. That is in a country employing mask wearing in public. In the UK, where mask wearing is not required, that number is 558/1 mil.

Hence, by not wearing a mask, you increase your risk of dying by a factor of 7000:1

• Like 1